Do you know scripture ?

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  277
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0

Can you guys tell me any scripture to share with this young lady? She had shared her testimony with our Yahoo group for teenagers and also with her youth group about how God healed her of depression. She then asked me this question about verses for another young lady. Any advice or scripture? Here is her Email and my response. Thank you.

James

Hi,

I'm glad I could be of service. I know how many people are out there trying to cope with the same sorts of problems, but don't tell anybody. I had a question, a young lady came up to me after the youth group meeting was over and she was talking about how she feels God has left her and because she feels that way her life's really gotten worse. I'm having a really hard time trying to find some scripture I can point out to her, do you know of any verses about how even when you feel abandoned God's still there? I'd appreciate some references I feel a sort of connection to this girl. God bless.

Rachel

Hey Rachel,

That's a good question. I will have to look for such verses. I have always heard that when we drift from God, it is not God who moves, but us who distance ourselves from Him. And that we should praise God even when times are bad. We could just be going thru a time of trials. I will see what I can find. It may be this weekend before I can get back to you.

James

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  588
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Birthday:  03/06/1967

Hebrews 13:5 . . . God has said,

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  53
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  523
  • Content Per Day:  0.07

You might want to share this lesson with her, it may help her with her friend... [url=http://www.westpalmbeachchurchofchrist.com/articles/psalms/psalms_13.html]Psalm 13,

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  109
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

Can you guys tell me any scripture to share with this young lady? She had shared her testimony with our Yahoo group for teenagers and also with her youth group about how God healed her of depression. She then asked me this question about verses for another young lady. Any advice or scripture? Here is her Email and my response. Thank you.

James

Hi,

I'm glad I could be of service. I know how many people are out there trying to cope with the same sorts of problems, but don't tell anybody. I had a question, a young lady came up to me after the youth group meeting was over and she was talking about how she feels God has left her and because she feels that way her life's really gotten worse. I'm having a really hard time trying to find some scripture I can point out to her, do you know of any verses about how even when you feel abandoned God's still there? I'd appreciate some references I feel a sort of connection to this girl. God bless.

Rachel

Hey Rachel,

That's a good question. I will have to look for such verses. I have always heard that when we drift from God, it is not God who moves, but us who distance ourselves from Him. And that we should praise God even when times are bad. We could just be going thru a time of trials. I will see what I can find. It may be this weekend before I can get back to you.

James

check out this site for Teens

http://christiananswers.net/menu-ay1.html#depression

http://christiananswers.net/teens/home.html