WarMonkeyMan

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  156
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

Once again you prove my point mate. Simpson (atheistic-Darwinist) writes a book,

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  183
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,892
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Birthday:  09/07/1985

I trust you won't go looking for my previous answers, Horizoneast, since I gave them to you such a long time ago. So let me rephrase my beliefs at a 5th grade reading level with the hopes you will absorb them this time:

Step 1: In the beginning, God creates matter, energy, and laws to govern them.

Step 2: Everything unfolds according to those laws thereafter. Earth forms, life evolves, etc.

I can understand why you would dislike this concept, Horizoneast. For one, it renders creationist pseudoscience obselete, showing Christian faith is compatible with real science, NDN--no denial necessary. Secondly, it puts the "atheistic worldview" of evolution into a theistic framework, which kills all your evolutionary straw men as well as the many arguments you base on them. But the reason I like it is because it shows the real brilliance and patience of the Creator, more so than does the LEGO-kit universe of 6-day creationism. God is much smarter than young Earthlings will give him credit for.

God is the perfect gardener, planting a seed and knowing exactly how it will flower. (Until free-willed human beings came along, who are less predictable. Only then do things get complicated and another intervention is required, this time in the form of Jesus.)

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  19
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

Why do we have "Faith vs. Science?"

Why are we so intent on keeping the two apart?

You're right. Science and Faith can coexist (Or should I say could?).

The problem, I think, is that science will never be able to confirm, beyond all doubt, creation or the existence of God. Where there is no room for doubt there is no room for faith.

Our human minds want to reationalize things. We want things to line up with our best attempts at understanding the universe and the God that created it. When we can't explain how God could speak the earth into existence, our temptation is to come up with an explanation that fits into something we can grasp intellectually. This is where the separation comes in. The battle, it seems, is really Truth vs. flesh.

Christians and nonChristians alike tend to feel unsteady or threatened when they are faced with something that seems to speak against their core belief system. Christians like the separation because they can't explain why God can't be explained. NonChristians like the separation because they can explain that God can't be explained.

Riley

Remember, I have already commented on your Darwin-speak mixed in with a little God-talk, i.e., , “God planting a seed” but He “did not have man in mind”.

Yeah, and you're still getting it wrong.

God DID have humans in mind. Everything that exists--He planned for it. When that sinks in I'll move on to your additional questions.

• Topic Count:  45
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  819
  • Content Per Day:  0.12

Forgive me if this has already been brought up. I've only read the first 13 pages.

I realize this is a debate thread so debate is what you get. In the past, I spent a lot of time debating the "creation vs. science" issue. But after a lot of frustration, I had to ask myself why I felt the need. I'm not a scientist or a theologian. I'm simply a born again Child of God. All I need is in the bible. Whether or not it exactly jives with modern science is not important to me. Science has nothing to say about the existence of God. The bible does.

I've read the 50 page Dembski paper Apothanein Kerdos refers to. I've read much of the atheists arguments and understand what they are trying to say. I've read a whole bunch of other stuff too all to arm myself with the knowledge to form solid arguments and gain the edge. But the bottom-line was it really didn't change the fact that by the grace of God, I was able to believe by faith in the Creator and Savior of the bible. All I ever NEED to know for MY life is right there. Do I come across some scripture that causes me to wonder? Sure, but I don't let it overshadow the main message of the bible. I'm afraid the plane is crashing and too many of us are arguing about how the plane was made instead of grabbing the parachute (Christ).

I choose to let scientists do what they do with the tools they have, it's their job. I only hope they are passing along their findings with honesty and integrity. I ultimately believe the complete truth will be revealed in the end.

I do understand the need some of us have to cross the t's and dot the i's on everything. It's tragic to think that some us will never find that final puzzle piece before it's too late.

I think I get it now - let's move on... :thumbsup:

It seems like you do. And I'm glad you went back and looked up some of my answers. OK, moving on.

"Was Jesus God incarnate?"

Yes, Jesus was God in human form. Physically human, spiritually divine. I believe all humans have the power to tap into the Holy Spirit, but only in Jesus' case has such an alignment ever been 100%.

"Did God raise Jesus from the dead?"

Short answer: I don't know. Long answer: It is natural that Jesus' followers would worship him so much that exaggerations would be made, and I could see resurrection as a possibility. This would be out of the question for orthodox Christians, but I take a different stance on Biblical errancy. I think the Bible was inspired by the Holy Spirit, but I don't think it has been protected from human error. (When God gave us free will He forfeited much of his editorial power, including the ability to prevent even the worst human atrocities, like Biblical revisionism and, say, the Holocaust.)

Unfortunately I don't know what is and isn't true; I can only hope I've put my faith in the right place and that God knows I have searched for the truth.

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  156
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

:whistling:

He Is Way Too smart For His Creator!

No Jesus for Mr. SaturnV.

Too sad!

Still Time!

Still Hope!

Why art thou cast down, O my soul? and why art thou disquieted within me? hope in God: for I shall yet praise him, who is the health of my countenance, and my God. (Psalms 43:5)

The Gift

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. (John 3:16)

"The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:"

"The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:"

"The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace." (Numbers 6:24-26)

"And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel; and I will bless them." (Numbers 6:27)

Love, Joe

Holy Writ leaves no doubt that the words written within its pages claim to be the very