Guest Jude 1:3

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  331
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  8,713
  • Content Per Day:  1.21
  • Days Won:  0

I'm probably the last guy who should have an opinion on anything but Jude is right. A person can't be publically gay while being a christian.

Isn't a Christian someone who believes in Christ? :wub: I'm pretty sure you could be anything you wanted, as long as you believe in the works of Jesus and still be a Christian. Everyone has weaknesses; we are human.

All words have a content to them. We generally assume that we all agree on the content, but once in a while we come across words where both parties have a differing view of the content. Take the word "love" for example. Assume you are with your friend and she says "I love you." You take this as, "I am really into, and could see myself being with you." However, she merely meant it as, "you are like a big brother to me." In this instance, though the same word has been used, different words might as well have been used because the content of the word changed completely.

It is the same with Jesus. We can believe in a Jesus that merely requires faith in His historical existence and that He died and rose again and be saved...but this would not really be Jesus. It would be a form of Jesus, a Jesus "Golden Calf" if you will, but it would not be the true Jesus. Someone that willingly lives in sin and promotes it, yet claims Christ, has claimed a false Jesus, ergo, they are not saved.

But no one is perfect; we all sin, and continue sinning from time to time. Sin of all sorts is a perversion to Christ, yet we still consider ourselves Christian anyways. We cannot help sinning sometimes, yet that doesn't mean we stop being Christian when we sin.

Let me ask you. If you ran into a pastor that was promoting raping people as a lifestyle choice, would you say he is a Christian? If you ran into a pastor that advocated and participated in taking drugs as a lifestyle choice, would you say he is a Christian?

Though it might be possible he is merely backslidden, to get to the point where you embrace sin and promote it would almost require you not to have the Holy Spirit within. Since this is the case, someone that claims Christ but advocates sin is living a contradictory life, one that is void of the Holy Spirit, and thus not saved.

We all sin, but we do not all actively promote sin.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  138
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

Well, I know that homosexuality is a thing from the inside whatever it is and cannot be gotten rid of. Unless some people have had it removed, but thats not relevent here. The thing is I think it is like almost all other sins in that it is always occuring on the inside as long as we're huamn and that the important thing is to not commit any acts of such. For example, a murderer or liar will not just ione day never again have the desire or urge to murder or lie. It will happen again at least as far as on the inside, the important thing is that said person has nothing to do with actually commiting the sin.

So, technically a person can be a gay christian but It should be a problem unless one has so very little self control as to actually do anything. And thats a whole other problem altogether.

• Topic Count:  51
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,849
  • Content Per Day:  0.44
  • Birthday:  03/17/1979

Jesus can get rid of anything.

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,073
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Birthday:  08/10/1923

Homosexual christian?...... That's an oxymoron if ever I heard one. Something like a truthful liar.

Still I'm not politically correct. I'm old fashioned, not post modern.

Well, in all actuality Jude has a point.

Jesus and Paul and Peter as well, show that false teachers who claim to be christian are not quite the same as those who are simply unsaved. It gets even worse when it is an actual apostate fropm the faith.

Im not into gay bashing, but I am into calling out false teachers, even very abruptly and publically.

Amen!

What did John the Baptist and Jesus call the Pharisees?

GENERATION OF VIPERS. :whistling:

There is a profound difference between the deceived and the deceiver. Deceivers must be exposed, humiliated, and mocked, in order that the deceived might see the truth and come unto repentance. What of the deceivers? Preach to them the Gospel with a fiery tongue. Do not mince words! Saying "Jesus loves you" and "Jesus died for you" will not save them, for this is what they preach day and night! They must be cut to the heart, and brought low.

ONLY the Holy Spirit can melt their icy heart. We, however, can serve as the instrument!

Edited by Jude 1:3

I'm probably the last guy who should have an opinion on anything but Jude is right. A person can't be publically gay while being a christian.

Well-said.

You won't find me attacking the homosexual who lives at peace with his community. To him, I demonstrate the Gospel according to my own words and deeds. I pray for him. To the deceiver, however, I offer words of harsh rebuke. When a pastor claims it is OK to be homosexual, I will discuss the matter with him privately; and if he scoffs, I will not hesitate to humiliate him in front of the entire congregation with the Holy Scriptures in my hand. God can do amazing things with that Book. We don't need any gimmicks; the Bible is all we need

False preaching is the offspring of hell and it must be stopped by whatever means available to us. Done always in the spirit of love, for what is more loving than to tell the truth? HELL IS REAL. And according to Jesus Christ, it will be more tolerable for Sodom than it will be for religious liars and hypocrites. :whistling:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  160
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,000
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Birthday:  01/30/1983

Isn't a Christian someone who believes in Christ? :whistling: I'm pretty sure you could be anything you wanted, as long as you believe in the works of Jesus and still be a Christian. Everyone has weaknesses; we are human.

A Christian is one who believes in Christ, yes.......and obeys Him, following after Him. The word, "Christian", means "little Christ". You certainly aren't a "little Christ" indulging in a perversion that Christ abhors.

lol...uh...lol.

The term "little christ" made me smile.

:whistling:

But i also realize this isn't a laughing matter so don't jump on top of me for this :thumbsup:

• Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  5,258
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  07/22/1960

Well temptation is something that we will all face.

Temptation to fornication is something that many Christians face, and the Lord will help us overcome these temptations, but He does not promise to remove those temptations totally. Having sex outside of marriage, be it with someone of the same sex or with someone of the opposite sex is fornication and it is just another temptation that believers must overcome.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  138
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

Boy, I am so confused as to what fornication really is. I tried looking in Genesis for God's views on how things are supposed to be but the things people deal with in the course of everyday life just aren't in there.

Personally, I though that if a person was going to have sex with you then they wouldn't have done it unless they were intending on being married. Boy was I wrong. Now I don't know what I'm doing or what to do. Not that anything ever happens. Truthfully, I don't think I've ever had sex. And if I did it was along time ago. Which reminds me, how does celibacy work?

I can't trust most people to know what that means anyway. Some folks think that a person can still be a virgin if they only have sex with men for crying out loud. Nobody knows how things really work.

If this is all going to be on some sort of test then I don't want to take it because I DON'T know the answers. And I'm sick of so much of my life revolving around this sort of thing. Honestly, who'd have thought that some people out there have sex soley for the purpose of doing something occultic in nature. I mean really, how could I have known.

Shoot, I still don't know what to do about those occult types.