• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  117
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,860
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/13/1984

Amen, GardenDove. I too am a part of a SPIRIT-FILLED CHURCH that follows the liturgical calendar. I have never seen it hinder someone's walk in our church...in fact, to my knowledge, everyone has found it to be beneficial.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  117
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,860
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Birthday:  09/13/1984

Where does it say they fasted every Friday in the Word of God? I really would like to know.

I am still waiting...

Floating Axe, not all of history is contained in scripture. Just because it is not contained in scripture does not make it false.

Yes it does. If it doesn't stand up to the Word of God, toss it aside.

If it doesn't STAND UP to it, then yes. But the practice of Lent DOES. No, not the "if you don't practice Lent it's a mortal sin" part, but the practice of fasting and the reasons for it, even if it IS done at a specific time of year (which, as I've said before, doesn't stop me or any Anglican I know of from doing it whenever they feel it is necessary).

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  77
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  248
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Birthday:  01/05/1946

Lent is merely a voluntary period of special reflection upon our sins, lapses, our moral weaknesses, and our absolute need for God's Grace and strength.

It is a period of special emphasis on our need to crucify our flesh with its carnal desires; to cast off our own strength, and humble ourselves before the King of Kings and Lord of Lords. A remembrance to grieve over our sins against God and against our fellow man. A time to humble our selves, to abase our self-righteousness, to mortify the flesh, to repent before Christ Jesus, to offer our sincere remorse for not loving Him as we ought.

No wonder lots of people HATE Lent!

You hit the nail right on .......... :whistling: