• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

Where does it say in God's Word that a woman must obey her husband?

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Biblicist

None,

What is your husband asking you to do, and the children, that goes against God's wishes? Did you say in your OP or a later one that I missed? I am sorry if I didn't see it before.

Axe, obeying is part of honoring and submitting. We are told to obey those placed in authority over us, which has clearly been stated here by Vickilynn, from God's word. The only time you do not obey your husband is if his demands go directly opposite of God's word. i.e. Saying you may not attend worship services. [i would likely obey but pray that he changes his mind and have my own private worship times till The Lord changes him.]

I guess not many people understand the submission thing because kids are not normally taught to respect authority growing up and don't realize that submission to a spouse is the same as submission to parents, and the ultimate authority, God. That's why the husband leaves his father and mother and he and the wife become one. Instead of submitting to the parents authority, they now submit to each other's authority.

None,

What is your husband asking you to do, and the children, that goes against God's wishes? Did you say in your OP or a later one that I missed? I am sorry if I didn't see it before.

Axe, obeying is part of honoring and submitting. We are told to obey those placed in authority over us, which has clearly been stated here by Vickilynn, from God's word. The only time you do not obey your husband is if his demands go directly opposite of God's word. i.e. Saying you may not attend worship services. [i would likely obey but pray that he changes his mind and have my own private worship times till The Lord changes him.]

I guess not many people understand the submission thing because kids are not normally taught to respect authority growing up and don't realize that submission to a spouse is the same as submission to parents, and the ultimate authority, God. That's why the husband leaves his father and mother and he and the wife become one. Instead of submitting to the parents authority, they now submit to each other's authority.

All I know is that in a marriage, we are to submit one to the other. It doesn't say that the woman must OBEY her husband.

Guest Biblicist

Submit and obey are synonyms.

Submit ~ abide, accede, acknowledge, acquiesce, agree, appease, be submissive, bend, bow, buckle, capitulate, concede, endure, fold, give away, give ground, give in, give way, humor, indulge, knuckle, obey, quit, relent, relinquish, resign oneself, stoop, succumb, surrender, tolerate, truckle, withstand, yield

Submit ~ abide, accede, acknowledge, acquiesce, agree, appease, be submissive, bend, bow, buckle, capitulate, concede, endure, fold, give away, give ground, give in, give way, humor, indulge, knuckle, obey, quit, relent, relinquish, resign oneself, stoop, succumb, surrender, tolerate, truckle, withstand, yield

We are to submit one to the other, first and foremost.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  1,513
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/01/1908

I'm not leaving anyone hanging, just to let you know, God told to do something else right now or I'd answer to the fullest of what He gives me. As it is, He's told me to do something else and has said that this is a distraction, sent by satan, to keep me from doing what He told me to do(not that any of you girls knew you were being used like that).

I'll edit this when I'm finished.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  633
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Birthday:  06/05/1953

Shalom None,

You don't disagree with ME Sister, you are disagreeing with G-d's Word. How can you stand firm on that sin?

No dear, you did not get this from G-d, for it goes against His Word and G-d NEVER goes against His Word.

You want to hear what you want to hear and that is that you are justified in your rebellion and it is not so.

Obeying your husband is the command from G-d, not playing G-d in your own home.

You are not serving G-d None, you serve yourself by these actions.

Let's settle this by the Scriptures:

1) Please show me ONE place that says you have the right to disregard your husband in the raising of your children.

2) Please show me ONE place the Scriptures say that you are the one to raise your children if your husband doesn't meet YOUR standards of righteousness, whether he is a Christian or not.

3) Please show me ONE place the Scriptures give you the right to rebel against G-d's authority by refusing to submit to your husband.

4) Please show me where the Scriptures say you are to trust in your husband's abilities to raise your children and not trust G-d.

5) Please show me ONE place where the Scriptures say G-d will "lead" you in ways that go against His Word.

If you cannot, then you are simply doing your own thing and running your own show. You are not serving G-d, you are serving your flesh. You are not trusting G-d to raise your children. You are the one in control, not G-d. I hope you see that.

Do not blaspheme our G-d by saying this is from Him, for He will NEVER go against His Word.

Vickilynn:

Those are some very strong accusations and judgements you are todding out there based upon your understanding of Scripture. I have followed your's and none's posts back and forth and basically you are saying to her that it is God's Will for her to LIE to her children so that she be in obedience to her husband and that God places a higher moral objective for her to "OBEY" her husband to LIE about fables being real instead of telling her children why the Real Glory of the Holiday exists and that being for Jesus. Please, if I am wrong tell me where for that is the summize of what I see in your posts.

Do you know that God HATES Liars and that a LIAR will NOT Inherit the Kingdom of God? We are taught as well that we are to dispell the "Fables and Wivestales" (myths and legends and have NO PART in them? Some take this too far so as to destroy the celebrations all together believing they still hold pagan beliefs even when we Glorify Jesus by observation. They are only pagan when a Believer allows the original or other added in Glory to fabled santa's , bunnies (fertility rights) , etc....). But, the Glory of Christ's Birth and His Death and Resurrection (whether or not they actually occurred on these dates or not) is Glorifying Jesus and, The Father in Jesus Name.

We are also told that many in the last days will know the Truth but deviated and hold it in unrighteousness changing the Glory and the Worship of the Incorrumpible God into a LIE worshipping the created things (i.e. man - santa; bunnies and eggs - creatures and earthly creation - fertility rites) more than the God who Created these - Jesus.

I do not see None not obeying her husband except where such is in compromise and contradiction of Jesus Christ which is Her Covering since her husband is only being her earthly covering and not her Spiritual Covering in Christ.

What you are doing is invoking a literal law view in Contradiction to maintaining Truth inspite of the trouble and persecution that it brings. Jesus Himself said:

Matthew 10:34-38 Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword. For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law. And a man's foes shall be they of his own household. He that loveth father or mother more than me is not worthy of me: and he that loveth son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me. And he that taketh not his cross, and followeth after me, is not worthy of me.

Including Spouses:

Luke 14:26 If any man come to me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple.

I pray you re-consider what you are accussing a sister in Christ of and are demanding she sin against Christ and His Kingdom just to fit in your limited view.

May the Lord Jesus Bless you and Keep You in All Truth,

Pastor Ron Cruise.

Considering the many Bible translations out there, I pick the "humor" option, if I may.

RCruise, that last post felt Spirit filled. :thumbsup:

Guest Biblicist

OK I was remiss for quoting the secular dictionary for the term submit. Please forgive me. I will post the defination from the Strongs Concordance, since that translates from the original Greek and Hebrew. And that is the translation we should live by.

submit yourselves ~ hupotasso {hoop-ot-as'-so} NT word

1) to arrange under, to subordinate

2) to subject, put in subjection

3) to subject one's self, obey

4) to submit to one's control

5) to yield to one's admonition or advice

6) to obey, be subject

Now you can go back to those verses and decide for yourself what God means when he says submit. And don't think it was Paul saying it, he was only the instrument God used to get the message across. However, if you will notice the synonym for submit is still obey!

In my opinion, telling your children that Santa and the Easter Bunny are fakes are the least of your worries. My parents used to tell us that they were real. I didn't grow up a heathen. I never told my children that they were real, I decided not to. I think it's important to pick your battles. What is the real issue here? As I said before, you can't expect your husband to act like a Christian if he is not.

Proverbs 27:6 Wounds from a friend can be trusted, but an enemy multiplies kisses.

Biblicist, that was a small joke(the humor part). Given all the anger in this thread, we needed it.