• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  17
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/06/1985

Let's talk about the Ark. This is always something I've had trouble taking literally but there must be some way to do it.

I'm interested in hearing about the logistics involved in keeping seven individuals of every terrestial animal species on a wooden boat for 150 days. Space, food, waste, water. How would it work? And were any of the dinosaurs on board?

Who is to say that every animal we have now is the same amount they had back then. im sure with time things have changed.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  955
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  11,318
  • Content Per Day:  1.89
  • Days Won:  33

Ahhh, there's good ol' Lurker, chip-chip-chipping away at the Bible in his efforts to bring the whole edifice crashing down.

Lurker and his ilk will pass away, and God's Word will still stand, as they always do, and it always has.

Be sure to hide your fangs while wearing your sheep's clothing, Lurker. It's a dead giveaway....

Well, Lurker is either one of us, or he isn't. If Lurker is a member of this christian family, we should be able to refute him with love and grace and the power of the Word, accepting him as a brother. If he isn't, then we need to witness to him, still in grace and truth. Either way, do we really need to make these kind of comments? It really doesn't help with unity among brethren, or witnessing to the lost.

Just a thought...

• Topic Count:  373
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  3,331
  • Content Per Day:  0.59
  • Days Won:  10
  • Birthday:  12/24/1965

Ahhh, there's good ol' Lurker, chip-chip-chipping away at the Bible in his efforts to bring the whole edifice crashing down.

Lurker and his ilk will pass away, and God's Word will still stand, as they always do, and it always has.

Be sure to hide your fangs while wearing your sheep's clothing, Lurker. It's a dead giveaway....

Well, Lurker is either one of us, or he isn't. If Lurker is a member of this christian family, we should be able to refute him with love and grace and the power of the Word, accepting him as a brother. If he isn't, then we need to witness to him, still in grace and truth. Either way, do we really need to make these kind of comments? It really doesn't help with unity among brethren, or witnessing to the lost.

Just a thought...

Well, Jesus had no problem calling unbelievers "children of the devil," "snakes," "brood of vipers," "hypocrites," "blind fools," "whitewashed tombs," "dogs," "pigs," and said of them that lead those who believe in Him to sin that it would be better for them "to have a large millstone hung around their neck and to be drowned in the depths of the sea."

And the rest of the Holy Spirit inspired Scriptures call them "Fools," "dead," "ignorant," "corrupted," "enemies of God," "vile," "evil," "antichrists," "depraved," "condemned," "accursed,"

Go and read as many of Lurker's posts as you can, and judge for yourself, by his fruits, if he is an actual believer, or a wolf in sheep's clothing, bent on destroying faith in God's Word.

Just a thought...

Well, Jesus had no problem calling unbelievers "children of the devil," "snakes," "brood of vipers," "hypocrites," "blind fools," "whitewashed tombs," "dogs," "pigs," and said of them that lead those who believe in Him to sin that it would be better for them "to have a large millstone hung around their neck and to be drowned in the depths of the sea."

And the rest of the Holy Spirit inspired Scriptures call them "Fools," "dead," "ignorant," "corrupted," "enemies of God," "vile," "evil," "antichrists," "depraved," "condemned," "accursed,"

Go and read as many of Lurker's posts as you can, and judge for yourself, by his fruits, if he is an actual believer, or a wolf in sheep's clothing, bent on destroying faith in God's Word.

Jesus can make that call. We can't...

Just a thought...

Jesus can make that call. We can't...

Sure we can. In fact, we are commanded to judge people by their words and actions.

"Those who sin are to be rebuked publicly, so that others may take warning." (1 Timothy 5:20)

"Have nothing to do with fruitless deeds of darkness, but rather expose them." (Ephesians 5:11)

"The spiritual man makes judgments about all things, but he himself is not subject to any man's (unbelievers) judgment" (1 Corinthians 2:15)

"He must hold firmly to the trustworthy message as it has been taught, so that he can encourage others by sound doctrine and refute those who oppose it. " (Titus 1:9)

Lurker says the Creation account in the Bible is not true. Lurker says that the Flood never happened. Lurker says the Adam and Eve of the Bible never existed. Lurker says the genealogies of Adam to Christ are not literal. Jesus himself taught that Adam and Eve were real and that the Flood actually happened, so either Jesus is a liar or Lurker is teaching heresy - you be the judge.

Wy... if you think that lurker is unsaved, then witness to him! I'm not so sure that having a liberal (non-inerrant, non-literal) interpretation of the bible renders him unsaved. But either way... we can expose errant interpretation and theology without resorting to this level. Lurker isn't the only one reading this thread.

Wy... if you think that lurker is unsaved, then witness to him! I'm not so sure that having a liberal (non-inerrant, non-literal) interpretation of the bible renders him unsaved. But either way... we can expose errant interpretation and theology without resorting to this level. Lurker isn't the only one reading this thread.

I don't want to quarrel with you - just read through as many of Lurker's post as you can stand and judge him by his own words. Lurker says he is a believer, but anyone can claim to be a Christian - in fact, there will be a multitude of them at the Judgment - the one's to whom Jesus will say, "depart from me, I never knew you!"

That's why we are commanded to "test the spirits" and to make judgments based on a person's actions and words. If a person claims to be a Christian, yet lives like the devil, it's a solid bet they are not actually believers.

Lurker has done little else here at Worthy but try to convince others that God's Word is not actually true. That science and evolution are the final authorities in regard to anyone's worldview.

Just read his own words for yourself....

I don't want to quarrel with you either, I have better things to do with my time.

I just think that if you are so convinced he is unsaved, you could use your words to witness to him rather than make thoe kind of statements.

Col 4:6

5Be wise in the way you act toward outsiders; make the most of every opportunity. 6Let your conversation be always full of grace, seasoned with salt, so that you may know how to answer everyone.

In no way am I asking that you stop refuting false doctrine or poor interpretation or attacks on God's Holy Word, but we can "win that battle but lose the war" at times.

I think I've made my point... Gbu.

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  17
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/06/1985

yup, this is what im talking about in my thread....but i kinda understand

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  109
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  1

Oh Hamburgers wrote - "You cannot ever make a solid scientific arguement with evidence that this could actually happen without a supreme deity. Either the story isn't real, or God performed tons of miracles to make it happen. (and I mean TONS of miracles)."

The thing about the bible is that it is a book of faith about a God that can perform wonders and miracles. You can't scientifically prove the bible. God can do anything. It's all about faith. How did one man build the ark? God did it. How did all the animals get on the ark? God did it. Where did all the water go? God got rid of it. It's a book of faith of things that have to be accepted by faith. You will just run yourself in circles trying to scientifically prove the bible. You cannot and we should not. Some will not be able to accept the bible by faith. 1 Cor 1:20-25 says - "20Where is the wise man? Where is the scribe? Where is the debater of this age? Has not God made foolish the wisdom of the world? 21For since in the wisdom of God the world through its wisdom did not come to know God, God was well-pleased through the foolishness of the message preached to save those who believe. 22For indeed Jews ask for signs and Greeks search for wisdom; 23but we preach Christ crucified, to Jews a stumbling block and to Gentiles foolishness, 24but to those who are the called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God and the wisdom of God. 25Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men, and the weakness of God is stronger than men." There is no scientifically explaining the bible. Either you accept a God that can do anything or you reject it as mythology along with the other writings about Gods and Goddesses.