• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

But, if you comapare the Old Testament with the New Testament, you will notice that the way things were understood in the days of the Patriarchs is different than the way things were understood in the days of the kings, which is different than the way things were understood in the New Testament times.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  572
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0

But, if you comapare the Old Testament with the New Testament, you will notice that the way things were understood in the days of the Patriarchs is different than the way things were understood in the days of the kings, which is different than the way things were understood in the New Testament times.

Guest shilou

All of you guys have good points. People who want to stay sick are quite frustrating because they just want to keep telling you about it. I actually tell people like this to begin by praying for the willingness to want to get well. I don't really know what else to tell them. I never thought of the attention angle before. I also think the obedience factor is huge. Usually if I'm going through something I can always trace it back to an area in my life I need to do some cleaning up in. God will let me go out in the wilderness just so I can come back and say I don't want to do that again. It's the wilderness that prompts me to make the change. I have a friend who is almost 50 and he keeps putting himself back into the same situation over and over and I just say your either going to get obedient to God or your going to keep getting the same lesson in misery over and over. Now that you guys point out the attention factor I think I'll stop giving him the attention each time.

Nebula I know what you are talking about. It's like before I was actually saved I could have never read about it and known what it was like to have the breath of God come upon me. And had I not gone through literal spiritual attack and acknowledged it I would have been powerless against it.

Steve I think I know what your saying about the church. I was at a youth group with my stepson once and there was this young man who said he was living under the spirit of condemnation. Well the youth pastor had the other kids pray over him to have this spirit leave. I was quite uncomfortable with the whole thing mainly because the young man didn't tell us one thing about why he was feeling condemned. I'm standing there thinking what is this about I mean he could have slept with his girlfriend for all we knew and as we know the Holy Spirit convicts the heart and these kids unwittingly could be praying for the Holy Spirit to take a hike. I tried to speak to the youth pastor about it and he didn't want to listen so we didn't go back. The whole thing gave me a bad feeling and over the years I've gotten pretty sensitive to the Spirit. In some places people are more interested in rebuking demons than in sharing the Word.

In Yeshua's Love

Shilou

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  582
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/10/1970

Nebula,