IGNORED

writers help needed

Guest Everwill

Guest Everwill

I'm here because I'm looking for scholarly Christian minded writers and scientists to help with a very scary (to me) problem. I'm writing about a site your kids may be using to do school work. Wikipedia (http://www.wikipedia.org) calls itself a "free encyclopedia" and it's used by millions of children across America to research papers or to just learn about the world around them.

I think the site is useful, but potentially dangerous for kids because it has a very anti-Christian and anti-religious point-of-view. For example, the article "Jesus as myth " explains why so-called "scholars" think Jesus was a fictional character. On the other hand the "Creation vs. Evolution " page and "Intelligent Design " document why God couldn't possibly have created the Universe. All of this is presented as if it were fact.

It's very troubling to me because children use this site and many of them are unaware that unlike Encyclopedia Brittanica or a real encyclopedia, any dope with an internet connection can write whatever they want on Wikipedia. (Feel free to edit these pages yourself to test it out. You might have sign up for a free account first.)

Wikipedia can be a useful site, but your children should be aware that there are some misguided individuals that will use this site to confuse your children's values.

I don't have the expertise to argue or edit the Intelligent Design article but I know that it is a hit-job on the concept. Can you please motivate a few skilled people to take on this fight?

Will

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  811
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  7,338
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2

I don't have the expertise to argue or edit the Intelligent Design article but I know that it is a hit-job on the concept. Can you please motivate a few skilled people to take on this fight?

Will

Will, if you could get in touch with me, I may be able to help. I have some experience in this field.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  366
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,933
  • Content Per Day:  1.57
  • Days Won:  1

Moved from the Welcome Forum to the Looking for Advise Forum