• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  499
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/27/1964

This whole topic borders on being offensive.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

:th_praying:

:wub:

Lousy Baiters Need Better Bibles!

"Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine."

"For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;"

"And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables." (2 Timothy 2:4)

"And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins." (Matthew 1:21)

• Topic Count:  331
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  8,713
  • Content Per Day:  1.21

A true story foretold 9/11

I once read a story about a man who wanted to have revenge on his enemies because they took away from him what was most precious to him: his eyes.

So, through an act of suicide, he brought down two pillars that were supporting the place where he and his enemies were and around 3000 people died including himself.

Have you ever heard this story?

Doesn't it remind you of 9/11?

A group of men who wanted to have revenge on their enemies, the USA, because they said the USA took away from them what was most precious to them.

So, through acts of suicide they brought down two towers and around 3000 people died including themselves.

Don't you think there are parallels between these two events?

May the love of Jesus be in us all

This reminds me of how the Essenes would interpret scripture - they would find prophecies or passages in the Bible and attempt to say that these passages were meant for their day. Of course, the passages weren't, but they did this to find some sort of comfort.

Likewise, it should be obvious this passage is not about 9/11 at all. Though there are broad similarities, the differences are quite vast. One was done for the glory of Yahweh, the other for a pagan god. One was done by one man, another by multiple men. One was done through the strength and blessing of God, the other was done without God's aid or blessing. One was punishment for a judge of Israel, the other was selfish ambition and hate filled feelings.

The differences go on, not to mention that this is more a historical account than a prophecy. :24:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  1,513
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Birthday:  01/01/1908

Elijah wanted to die...why didn't he just kill himself, then? How hard could it be? Saul did...well, he had it done. But! His armourbearer did.

1 Kings 19:4 (King James Version)

"But he himself went a day's journey into the wilderness, and came and sat down under a juniper tree: and he requested for himself that he might die; and said, It is enough; now, O LORD, take away my life; for I am not better than my fathers."

He was running for his life from a wicked queen trying to kill him, but he asked God to kill him.

As we all know, Job, also, wanted to die but refused. Why? He'd lost everything and life didn't look so good...why did he refuse to kill himself?

Prophets knew this because their closeness to God told them this.

Tell me, where in the entire Bible does it say that a premeditated sin can be forgiven before the sin itself?

Did anyone ever, in the entire Bible, plan their sin before offering a lamb or some other animal?

I guess I'm just missing your point??? Elijah didn't kill himself for the very reason I stated, Saul had lost God's favor, and he was dying anyway and asked his sword bearer to kill him so he wouldn't fall into the hands of the enemey alive. Job wanted to do but refused to because he put his trust in God. Those things still don't change what I said, because unless you have time to prepare before you die, everybody is going to die with some sin on them, and you are either covered by the blood of Jesus or your not. Since I don't want this to seem like and arguement, thats not what I'm trying to do, I will be the first one to say this is my opinion.

I respect that.

I'm just against it and it makes no sense to me, if you truely serve God, to see this sin as ok with God.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  232
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  7,261
  • Content Per Day:  0.96
  • Birthday:  12/19/1959

I once read a story about a man who wanted to have revenge on his enemies because they took away from him what was most precious to him: his eyes.

So, through an act of suicide, he brought down two pillars that were supporting the place where he and his enemies were and around 3000 people died including himself.

A group of men who wanted to have revenge on their enemies, the USA, because they said the USA took away from them what was most precious to them.

So, through acts of suicide they brought down two towers and around 3000 people died including themselves.

This reminds me of how the Essenes would interpret scripture - they would find prophecies or passages in the Bible and attempt to say that these passages were meant for their day. Of course, the passages weren't, but they did this to find some sort of comfort.

Likewise, it should be obvious this passage is not about 9/11 at all. Though there are broad similarities, the differences are quite vast. One was done for the glory of Yahweh, the other for a pagan god. One was done by one man, another by multiple men. One was done through the strength and blessing of God, the other was done without God's aid or blessing. One was punishment for a judge of Israel, the other was selfish ambition and hate filled feelings.

The differences go on, not to mention that this is more a historical account than a prophecy. :P

Good point brother. :24:

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  112
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,489
  • Content Per Day:  0.48

The differences go on, not to mention that this is more a historical account than a prophecy. :thumbsup:

Exactly...reading into Scripture and trying to inject something that isn't there can be comforting, but can also be a dangerous practice. The Word is profitable for our instruction, and applicable to our lives...but we shouldn't take it out of context, twist it or play scriptural roulette with it. People who tend to do this type of "interpretting" are also usually the one's who end up finding Jesus' face or the Virgin Mary in their pancakes too..lol. "It's a sign!!!" :b:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  1,513
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Birthday:  01/01/1908

I find it very sad when people are mislead into these types of "signs". Very sad.

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  19
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  03/26/1966

People who tend to do this type of "interpretting" are also usually the one's who end up finding Jesus' face or the Virgin Mary in their pancakes too..lol. "It's a sign!!!"

Yes, very sad, but apparently, this person is very young in Christ, if not preborn.

And insult does not point the way to Jesus, so I humbly beg the use of softer tones, at least in the short term here. Perhaps limit his travel here to Outer Court or Soapbox Debate if he continues purely with his little zany agenda filled with such zany, non-Biblical speculations. (I assume this is a he by the measure of arrogance in this person's tones, but if you are instead a 'she' I humbly apologize).

Nevertheless, it certainly seems as if this person is bending an ear to a false prophet/deceiver elsewhere, thinking himself to be doing a dire service for the Lord with his 'mission' continuing here.

C7/14, I would advise that you stop posting these prophetic assumptions regarding future prophecy until you are better edified and informed about the true nature of God, His wishes and ways for us, and His Word which we should not dare play with for reasons of self-recognition and other diverse lusts of the flesh and carnal mind.

If you want to talk privately, you are free to pm or e-mail me, but know that with the nature of my job, my responses are often delayed.

God bless, and may Jesus soon steer your feet closer to the light of His truth, and the one true way whioch leads us home. Pray for Him to guide you on this road first, and then perhaps we can touch on subjects of real Biblical prophecy from time to time.

Jim.

Edited by Desert Walker

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

Chapter and verse please....the bible is virtually silent on the issue of suicide. It is never forbidden nor condoned.

Well I wouldn't support the idea that it is not forbidden. 1Cor. 3:16 "16Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?" I would say the teachings are strong enough about the spirit residing within us, that the forbidding of suicidal tendancies do not need to be mentioned.

God never pushes us beyond what we can take. If our faith in Him is true, we shall endure any set of circumstances. Those who give in and commit suicide do so not because God pushed them over the threshold but because they have no faith nor love for Him.

Peace

CJ

Well, teachings on suicide come from the early Church fathers and not the Bible. The verse you quoted has nothing to do with taking your own life, but rather strife in the church; we can, however extrapolate that application. Listen, and I say this as a counselor, you have to be very careful when making blanket statements as you have done. Not meaning to be harsh, here, but only the Lord knows a person's heart. Most of the prophets in the OT were given to suicidal thoughts and the Lord continued to use them. Nobody can know the depths of sorrow a fellow believer is going through at any one time.

:thumbsup:

Plus, people of this generation cannot fathom what anguish these prophets underwent! It is a heavy, heavy calling, and it is such a burden that even today, that rare gift and calling is not seen in one who is not covered, or bathed in prayer. It is not a calling that one should seek, because of that very nature of it.

God called prophets in those days, anointed them and set them in...He alone was their sustainer, and they knew it.