• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  94
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/18/1976

kitty,

In the Top 10 thread you mention that you don't like The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe or CS Lewis. I wish to understand this position clearer partially because CS Lewis is one of my favorites as well as the Narnia series. (I read them every year.)

I wonder about your thought process and reasons behind how you feel.

Let me know please...

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  117
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,860
  • Content Per Day:  0.56
  • Birthday:  09/13/1984

Some people just don't like certain things. *shrug* One of my best friends (practically a sister) really doesn't like Fantasy literature...I've lent her a few from my favourite author, and she agrees that the writing is good quality and the story has good flow: good marks technically all-around. It's just not her thing. :thumbsup: Sometimes, it's just a matter of personal taste.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  94
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  01/18/1976

Iryssa,

While I suspect this may be true, at least in part; I don't think that it is the entire reason for kitty's statement.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  158
  • Content Count:  1,763
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Birthday:  11/23/1990

Lekcit, to be honest, I am not particularly impressed with The Chronicles of Narnia. While they are excellent stories they just didn't do it for me.

C.S. Lewis in general however, I have nothing but praise for. Mere Christianity is quite possibly my favourite book and I recommend it to EVERYONE. I think every human on this planet should read that (probably twice to make sure it gets through). Lewis is a genius and his books are a comfort at times, I just don't care about Narnia so much.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  3,489
  • Content Per Day:  0.48

There's a difference between people who just don't "prefer" the works of CS Lewis, and those who set out to demonize him. We all have different tastes and preferences (which we should show grace to one another for). But it's annoying (and legalistic) when people attempt to question his salvation and go on a witch hunt in order to get others to hold their same view.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  462
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Birthday:  10/07/1981

There's a difference between people who just don't "prefer" the works of CS Lewis, and those who set out to demonize him. We all have different tastes and preferences (which we should show grace to one another for). But it's annoying (and legalistic) when people attempt to question his salvation and go on a witch hunt in order to get others to hold their same view.

Agreed, and well said! :) This is a fact that I've lamented :) about around here/ in chat many a time...

• Topic Count:  490
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  2,726
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Birthday:  02/25/1990

kitty,

In the Top 10 thread you mention that you don't like The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe or CS Lewis. I wish to understand this position clearer partially because CS Lewis is one of my favorites as well as the Narnia series. (I read them every year.)

I wonder about your thought process and reasons behind how you feel.

Let me know please...

lol sorry to disappoint you becuae I know you are going to see that I posted and think "oh yay! I wonder!!" (do it ALL the time lol ) but.. I am really bogged down with homework right now and I don't want to just throw together a post... I will post when I have the chance, sorry bro ;)

In the mean time, am I allowed to ask other people's opinions since this was asked in a public forum? lol

Crystal :taped:

Love ya Lekcit :21: