• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

Once again, we are all called to pastor. It is a command of Jesus, to go out and preach the gospel to every creature and make disciples..that is pastoring. It is a verb and not a noun. If people want to go out in search of the role as a noun, before actually doing the thing, then I believe they will be sorely disappointed in the scope of their ministry, if it isn't curtailed completely.

It's not about the title.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,227
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/19/1964

Once again, we are all called to pastor. It is a command of Jesus, to go out and preach the gospel to every creature and make disciples..that is pastoring. It is a verb and not a noun. If people want to go out in search of the role as a noun, before actually doing the thing, then I believe they will be sorely disappointed in the scope of their ministry, if it isn't curtailed completely.

But the OP question is about the title. He is asking about a specific role in the church. How does one become the leader of a church. to paraphrase.

But the OP question is about the title. He is asking about a specific role in the church. How does one become the leader of a church. to paraphrase.

In our church, we are taught that we just need to be going about the business of pastoring. Gather people around you. Start a cell, then you will be installed as a cell leader. Get enough cells birthed, and then you will be asked to join the staff.

You may then be asked to start a satellite church, and be installed somewhere else in the city. The sky's the limit, when you put God first and seek Him first above everything. God is the one who trains, and God is the one who promotes.

In our church, we are taught that we just need to be going about the business of pastoring. Gather people around you. Start a cell, then you will be installed as a cell leader. Get enough cells birthed, and then you will be asked to join the staff.

You may then be asked to start a satellite church, and be installed somewhere else in the city. The sky's the limit, when you put God first and seek Him first above everything. God is the one who trains, and God is the one who promotes.

Ok I am understanding your situation better. And you "justify" (sorry can't think of a better word) this from scripture that says we are all called to the great commission?

Ok I am understanding your situation better. And you "justify" (sorry can't think of a better word) this from scripture that says we are all called to the great commission?

As Jesus by the Holy Spirit equipped the 120 in the upper room, He so equips us. As Jesus prayed for us in John 17, we go out and do as He says, as His disciples in this Church age.

As Jesus by the Holy Spirit equipped the 120 in the upper room, He so equips us. As Jesus prayed for us in John 17, we go out and do as He says, as His disciples in this Church age.

I am not saying your church, but I know of many churches that have gone very astray who have followed this progression of development. Yes we are all called to spread his message, but this is vastly different then being called to lead his church.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.01
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

First off you have to be called by God. A pastor should have a caring loving heart for his people and all people, and to be honest I haven't seen that in your posts. You insult America, her people and her leaders. I'm being honest, I don't see a pastors heart in you. I hope I"m wrong and that maybe in being called to be a pastor you learn how to love and not to spew so much hate.

As we allow the Holy Spirit to lead us, we discover that we are truly gifted to minister. Jesus isn't fooling around. He wants us to reach people for Him, to save them from Hell!

We are the leaders in this world. Get equipped. Gather people around you, disciple them, and teach them what God teaches you! Teach them to reach others too, and gather people around them! That is the model of Church that we need to follow. That is how it started, and that is how we are returning. Even churches in countries where Christianity is suppressed do it like that.

First off you have to be called by God. A pastor should have a caring loving heart for his people and all people, and to be honest I haven't seen that in your posts. You insult America, her people and her leaders. I'm being honest, I don't see a pastors heart in you. I hope I"m wrong and that maybe in being called to be a pastor you learn how to love and not to spew so much hate.

WOW where did that come from? I don't see where I have ever insulted America, her people or her leaders, or that I have ever spewed hate. If this is correct please show me the post where I have done this, and I will apologize profusely. As far as being called to be a pastor of a church, no I don't feel God calling me to do this, He does use me in youth ministry and I feel honored to spread his word in that fassion.

God Bless,

Kansas Dad

I am not saying your church, but I know of many churches that have gone very astray who have followed this progression of development. Yes we are all called to spread his message, but this is vastly different then being called to lead his church.

How about the church in Bogota, Colombia, MCI, which operates in the fashion I have set forth...a cell church, which to date has about 700,000 members and over 40,000 cells and over 100,000 youth. Not astray in the least. In fact, it should be emulated.