IGNORED

read before signing!

Guest LadyC

Guest LadyC

today i took my daughter to the DMV, and when we came out, there was someone there with a petition. we listened to what he had to say.... he gave us this song and dance that the petition was to try and keep "under God" in the pledge of allegience in our schools, and to protect our religious liberties. me and my daughter were both eager to sign.

after signing, as he was rambling, i actually skimmed over what the petition was. it said absolutely NOTHING about the pledge of allegience, but was about supporting the separation of church and state.... the organization is www.firstfreedomfirst.org. i hope it's ok to post that link because i'd like someone to look over it and tell me how badly i messed up.

i'm really sad about this... and MAD about it too! i feel like i was duped. how did he know to lie to us? do we have some big sign on our foreheads saying "we're christians!" how did the guy know we weren't athiests or something, or someone who wanted "under God" out of the pledge, or who supported the mythological constitutionality of separation of church and state?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  158
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,763
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  11/23/1990

I just took a look at the site.

One of the things that popped out was a banner saying "I support a womans right to make decisions regarding her health and family, don't you?". Now I could be wrong, but that sounds rather pro-choice to me.

I think the petition is basically to ensure that religion has no power over government at all. Which is not a good thing.

However, the guy obviously tricked you into signing... which should be (and maybe is) illegal. I'd be angry too.

Guest LadyC

i could kick myself for not having scribbled my name out the second i had a suspicion. it's too late now, by the time i get to the DMV they'd be closed and he'd be gone. since they usually work short shifts, chances are he may have already left hours ago anyway.

oh, how can i UNdo this?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  135
  • Content Count:  7,537
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/29/1956

See if there is someone to contact on their web site, I don't blame you I would be angry also! I hope you can get something done about this.

Guest LadyC

true, it has no legal weight.... but it still angers me! in any case, you did ease my mind... i know i'm not one to start petitions, but then, i know i've signed many petitions that i do support through grassroots websites, and i KNOW what i'm supporting through those.

funny, i recall one of the things he said was that they have about 20 thousand signatures and that's not a drop in the bucket compared to what they have to have by january. guess that's why he lies. i wonder how many of them do that... and how do they know who to lie to? that's what blew me away.

if i wouldn't have to stand in an hour line to get to someone to direct me who to talk to at the DMV, i'd go back tomorrow and tell them what the guy is up to. chances are they'd do nothing about it anyway.

Guest LadyC
See if there is someone to contact on their web site, I don't blame you I would be angry also! I hope you can get something done about this.

i've searched their website. there is a snail mail address and nothing else. it does anger me... but i suppose i should chalk it up to having learned a VERY valuable lesson, and maybe others here can learn from my stupidity.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  135
  • Content Count:  7,537
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/29/1956

i've searched their website. there is a snail mail address and nothing else. it does anger me... but i suppose i should chalk it up to having learned a VERY valuable lesson, and maybe others here can learn from my stupidity.

Well you were trying to do the right thing and he was a liar, God knows! I would send something snail mail then, at least I would have the satisfaction of giving them a piece of my mind.

Guest wonderfully
i could kick myself for not having scribbled my name out the second i had a suspicion. it's too late now, by the time i get to the DMV they'd be closed and he'd be gone. since they usually work short shifts, chances are he may have already left hours ago anyway.

oh, how can i UNdo this?

Lady C

the word of God tells us that at very site of you they would know, you would not have to speak a word. I can tell you that because you are a christian just at your very presence the enemy will have to flee. you know that satan is very tricky, not that he has any new tricks, for the word of God says nothing under the sun is new. and don't kick your self because there is more for than against. i am so tired of the enemy that i personally have declared war against him, he has been in my life for this season and i'll tell you that every chance i get i bruise him with the word. just speak the word over that signature and the enemy who tricked you.

Guest LadyC

thanks ya'll.... i'm feeling a little less stupid now. well, maybe not less stupid, but at least more at peace with the fact that God knows what that guy and that organization are up to, God sees it all, and God loves the foolish things of this earth.... like me! the battle is being fought in the spiritual realm for me...

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  86
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/28/1982

Hi there LadyC!

Being tricked never feels good but isnt it great that we get to carry on afterwards with the knowledge that we wont make the same mistakes again. Like you said, God sees all and there is no shame in making a mistake.

Have a blessed day and God bless! :24:

Sean