Marnie

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  97
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  640
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  0

yeah the economy is the strongest it has been in years, but :thumbsup: don't worry the democrats have promised to fix that. after all mr. president "there is a new congress in town."

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  183
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,892
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Birthday:  09/07/1985

So?

So you can't blame immigrants for everything.

Oh Lord, no! There is plenty of blame to go around! Amen?

This little squabble brings to mind Bill O'Reilly's shouting match with Geraldo a couple days ago. Anyone else see it?

In a nutshell, Bill was trying to make the tragic death of a young girl a political example (of why illegal immigration is bad), Geraldo protested, and Bill blew a gasket. Yikes.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  1,360
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  7,866
  • Content Per Day:  1.23
  • Birthday:  04/18/1946

So?

This little squabble brings to mind Bill O'Reilly's shouting match with Geraldo a couple days ago. Anyone else see it?

In a nutshell, Bill was trying to make the tragic death of a young girl a political example (of why immigration is bad), Geraldo protested, and Bill blew a gasket. Yikes.

I saw it. Geraldo should be thoroughly ashamed.

I came to the opposite conclusion. Bill was shamelessly politicizing the death of a young girl. :thumbsup:

I came to the opposite conclusion. Bill was shamelessly politicizing the death of a young girl. :emot-shakehead:

What's "politicizing" about pointing out a tragic consequence of illegal immigration? It should be shouted from the rooftops, and it should rally us against it even more.

Guest LadyC

lorax: "

In a nutshell, Bill was trying to make the tragic death of a young girl a political example (of why immigration is bad), Geraldo protested, and Bill blew a gasket. Yikes."

did you mean to tell a real lie, or only to mischaracterize bill?

bill has NOTHING against immigration.

his point was about ILLEGAL immigration... the fact that the young girl would never have been killed in that accident had the illegal immigrant not broken laws to get over here in the first place.

i think someone else recently suggested you needed to get your facts straight. unfortunately, i don't think you have any interest in ever getting your facts straight. you'd much rather spin them to suit your agenda.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  135
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,537
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/29/1956

So?

In a nutshell, Bill was trying to make the tragic death of a young girl a political example (of why immigration is bad), Geraldo protested, and Bill blew a gasket. Yikes.

Saw it, loved it.....................Geraldo's just pathetic. He should be a writer for the National Enquirer.

Edited by Silentprayer

What's "politicizing" about pointing out a tragic consequence of illegal immigration? It should be shouted from the rooftops, and it should rally us against it even more.

I'm totally with you about illegal immigration, but pointing to terrible accidents that happen to involve illegal immigrants is not the way to get the message out there.

There are hundreds of similar deaths in that state each year, and the only reason Bill is talking about this one is because it involves an illegal alien. He is trying to show that illegal aliens commit crimes but, as Geraldo pointed out, illegal immigrants commit less crimes on average than US citizens. There are many, many ill effects of illegal immigration, but Bill picked the wrong one to talk about and it was inappropriate of him to use this girl as a political anecdote.

PS: I'm not a fan of Geraldo either.

I'm totally with you about illegal immigration, but pointing to terrible accidents that happen to involve illegal immigrants is not the way to get the message out there.

There are hundreds of similar deaths in that state each year, and the only reason Bill is talking about this one is because it involves an illegal alien. He is trying to show that illegal aliens commit crimes. This is true, but Geraldo made the point that illegal immigrants commit less crimes on average than US citizens. Bill's right, illegal immigration must be stopped, but it was inappropriate of him to use this girl as a political anecdote.

Actually, no, it wasn't. Bill's point was that if the illegal immigrant hadn't been here illegally, the girl wouldn't have been killed, and it's an ourtage that she was. I can't imagine being her parents. I'm not so sure illegals commit less crimes, but it doesn't matter. They still shouldn't be here.

Guest LadyC

is anyone interested in knowing that 13 people are killed at the hands of a drunk, uninsured, illegal alien every day in this country? oh, and another 12 are murdered each day by illegals.

geraldo is a bleeding heart that cares more about protecting criminals than protecting citizens. i'm glad bill got all up in his face.