• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,144
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/18/1978

I feel bad for his family, they go through so much pain... :emot-questioned:

I do agree with all the other people that he should step down, what ecxuus does he have?

I agree with Ted let him study on how to be a exemple:

Invite the Pastor to preach on these verses and see how his heart changes regarding the matter.

1Ti 3:1 This is a true saying, If a man desire the office of a bishop, he desireth a good work.

1Ti 3:2 A bishop then must be blameless, the husband of one wife, vigilant, sober, of good behavior, given to hospitality, apt to teach;

1Ti 3:3 Not given to wine, no striker, not greedy of filthy lucre; but patient, not a brawler, not covetous;

1Ti 3:4 One that ruleth well his own house, having his children in subjection with all gravity;

1Ti 3:5 (For if a man know not how to rule his own house, how shall he take care of the church of God?)

1Ti 3:6 Not a novice, lest being lifted up with pride he fall into the condemnation of the devil.

1Ti 3:7 Moreover he must have a good report of them which are without; lest he fall into reproach and the snare of the devil.

Ask him gently how he can reconcile these verses with his current situation.

I quite agree with that... but first he should step down out of a leadership role. Every day he spends leading the church is another day in which that church slides down the wrong path.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  39
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,513
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Birthday:  01/01/1908

The only one he needs to repent to is God through Jesus. How does anyone know he didn't confess to God already? And he's a man. "For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God" who are any of us to judge him? What's done is done, now he wants to correct the situation the way he was taught from scriptures, by marrying the woman and not defiling his current wife, causing her to commit adultery as well. It looks to me like he is doing the scriptural thing.

Edited by None

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

The only one he needs to repent to is God through Jesus. How does anyone know he didn't confess to God already? And he's a man. "For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God" who are any of us to judge him? What's done is done, now he wants to correct the situation the way he was taught from scriptures, by marrying the woman and not defiling his current wife, causing her to commit adultery as well. It looks to me like he is doing the scriptural thing.

WHAT???????????

We, the Church have the right to judge....and discipline....and restore.

Marrying this woman would further his adultery and the woman's adultery! He is not trying to correct anything. He is not doing ANYTHING scripturally. You seriously misunderstand church discipline.

• Topic Count:  331
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  8,713
  • Content Per Day:  1.21

What do you think about him not stepping down as Pastor?

The man is a disgrace and if he doesn't step down, the board needs to let him go ASAP. This is a no-brainer.

:noidea:

WHAT???????????

Marrying this woman would further his adultery and the woman's adultery! He is not trying to correct anything. He is not doing ANYTHING scripturally. You seriously misunderstand church discipline.

Agreed.

What do you think about him not stepping down as Pastor?

The man is a disgrace and if he doesn't step down, the board needs to let him go ASAP. This is a no-brainer.

:noidea:

:blink:

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  1,513
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Birthday:  01/01/1908

WHAT???????????

"Church discipline"

This people judging other people in the name of God is exactly why I don't attend a church.

What if he stood up at the pulpit and read off a list of all of the sins every single person in his church came to him about and said, "it's everyone's business"? People who came to him with their sins trying to find answers from God's helper.

What if he stood up in front of everyone and told ALL.

How many people would walk out as opposed to how many did walk out hearing what he'd done?

Only those on the list, I'm willing to bet.

What hypocrites!

Edited by None

WHAT???????????

"Church discipline"

This people judging other people in the name of God is exactly why I don't attend a church.

What if he stood up at the pulpit and read off a list of all of the sins every single person in his church came to him about and said, "it's everyone's business"? People who came to him with their sins trying to find answers from God's helper.

How many people would walk out as opposed to how many did walk out hearing what he'd done?

What hypocrites!

Well, Biblically, if these people who's sins were read off had not repented after being approached in private and by two or three brothers, then yes...their sins should be confronted in public.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

WHAT???????????

"Church discipline"

What hypocrites!

You truly DO misunderstand. Read the Word of God, seeing as you have no pastor to guide you. This is what happens when people refuse to belong to a Body of believers for their instruction.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  662
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Birthday:  02/01/1960

J. Lee Grady is editor of Charisma.

Cowardice, Compromise and the Sin of Eli

Part of a leader