• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,980
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  0

How many have had visions before?

Do we have an expert in the house on visions and how they are to be interpreted in light of the written word?

I've had three but am hardy an expert on them.

How can one be absolutely sure that what FA is saying can be discarded simply because it's not mentioned in what Peter provided? We know that no one is bound by the dietary laws according to Grace and the meaning she is giving regarding the vision is perfectly in agreement without contradiction with that fact. If she were spouting a contradiction that would be one thing for sure. Isn't what she is saying lineing up with the fact that we are free to eat what we will?

So what's the big deal?

It's not like what she is saying contradicts the freedom christians have in Christ to eat what they will. That's something to be grasped.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  92
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  07/09/1982

juan said

And I found in the Amplified reference to Mark 7:19 where Jesus declared all foods clean.

I don't see this in my KJV. Could you please post the scripture.

1 Timothy 4:1-3

(From my KJV)

Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils;

Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron

Forbidding to marry and commanding to abstain from meats, WHICH GOD HATH CREATED TO BE RECEIVED WITH THANKSGIVING OF THEM WHICH BELIEVE AND KNOW THE TRUTH.

These verses are speaking of those who have fallen away from the faith and in no way show that Jesus declared unclean foods clean, as far as I can tell. In fact,when taking on the whole counsel of God, I intepret it to say we should be thankful for the meats that He has given us meaning those that are declared by Him to be clean to eat.

Colossians 3 KJV

vs.16 Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days

Again, this verse simply implies we are not to judge each other by what one eats or drinks, etc., but it does not say God made unclean foods clean. This verse is often taken out of context and used by various denomination traditional beliefs, but does not take on the whole counsel of God to discern the true meaning.

Mark 7:19: NIV

19For it doesn't go into his heart but into his stomach, and then out of his body." (In saying this, Jesus declared all foods "clean.")

AMP

19Since it does not reach and enter his heart but [only his] digestive tract, and so passes on [into the place designed to receive waste]? Thus He was making and declaring all foods [ceremonially] clean [that is, [a]abolishing the ceremonial distinctions of the Levitical Law].

NLT

19 Food doesn

The Message: Mark 7

18 -19Jesus said, "Are you being willfully stupid? Don't you see that what you swallow can't contaminate you? It doesn't enter your heart but your stomach, works its way through the intestines, and is finally flushed." (That took care of dietary quibbling; Jesus was saying that all foods are fit to eat.)

Edited by juan77

juan said

And I found in the Amplified reference to Mark 7:19 where Jesus declared all foods clean.

I don't see this in my KJV. Could you please post the scripture.

1 Timothy 4:1-3

(From my KJV)

Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils;

Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron

Forbidding to marry and commanding to abstain from meats, WHICH GOD HATH CREATED TO BE RECEIVED WITH THANKSGIVING OF THEM WHICH BELIEVE AND KNOW THE TRUTH.

These verses are speaking of those who have fallen away from the faith and in no way show that Jesus declared unclean foods clean, as far as I can tell. In fact,when taking on the whole counsel of God, I intepret it to say we should be thankful for the meats that He has given us meaning those that are declared by Him to be clean to eat.

Colossians 3 KJV

vs.16 Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days

Again, this verse simply implies we are not to judge each other by what one eats or drinks, etc., but it does not say God made unclean foods clean. This verse is often taken out of context and used by various denomination traditional beliefs, but does not take on the whole counsel of God to discern the true meaning.

Mark 7:19: NIV

19For it doesn't go into his heart but into his stomach, and then out of his body." (In saying this, Jesus declared all foods "clean.")

AMP

19Since it does not reach and enter his heart but [only his] digestive tract, and so passes on [into the place designed to receive waste]? Thus He was making and declaring all foods [ceremonially] clean [that is, [a]abolishing the ceremonial distinctions of the Levitical Law].

NLT

19 Food doesn

Look! What's that bright light on the hill?

It looks like its burning!!

Indeed its fire! Fire on the hill!

Firehill!!!!

:emot-hug:

ha-ha-ha

Edited by juan77

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

So what's the big deal?

;):):emot-hug::emot-hug::):emot-hug:

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

Shalom FA,

I guess you may be wondering why people are making such an issue about this.

I just want to say that it has nothing to do with food and not even anything to do with the vision.

It has everything to do with false doctrine.

We are not to insert our own meanings into Scripture and say they are G-d-given.

G-d will NEVER contradict His Word.

To say the Holy Spirit told you something that goes against the Scripture is actually preaching false doctrine.

You say "G-d told you.", but you can't prove it by the Scriptures.

How is that any different than any cult preaching false doctrine and saying G-d told me to kill people, etc.?

It's not.

That is what is so concerning about you saying "G-d told me" something that goes AGAINST the Word of G-d.

This is how we can tell what is true and right - it lines up with the Word of G-d and we are not having someone say "G-d told me" something that cannot be proven by the Scriptures. We are not to take any man's word for what G-d says, He will line up with His Word, never against it.

If someone were to stand up and give a prophecy that went against the Scriptures, they would be judged as a false prophet.

Please think about that.

You are painfully contentious here. Doctrine has not been adulterated. God speaks to all of us when we read the Word. We all glean some differenrt truths from different passages. I would wager that most every story or parable gives us many dual or more other meanings.

You think about that.

you are free to eat paint and wash it down with gasoline if you so desire.

"all things are permissable but not all things edify"

God gives us a list of things which are harmful to our bodies and since He designed them, He would know.

Yet while we are given grace in the area of foods, that doesn't make pork suddenly "good" for you. Can you eat it? Sure...but what you sow in the flesh you shall reap in the flesh.

I like a good pepperoni pizza or even a bacon cheeseburger once in a while but I am under no delusions that saying a blessing turns it into something actually healthy for me.

Can I? Sure

Should I? Probably not a wise decision.

Can I smoke cigarettes and go to heaven? Sure

Should I? Only if I want to get there faster

Does anyone know the established dietary qualities of pork good, bad, indifferent...? What do the health experts say? Does any one know?