• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  582
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/10/1970

Shadow,

I apologize.  I read your posting wrong.

- Steve

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  277
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

Boron,

You refer to the damsel with a spirit of divination. Paul cast it out & it came out the same hour. I'm not sure what your point is. :cool2:

Shadow (Gary),

I believe that testimony. I have no reason not to. I talked to someone else who mentioned the red eye thing. I personally spoke to a pastor who cast a spirit out of a black lady who was apparently into voodoo (we are in the South). He said she raised vertically up off the floor and levitated around the room (among other things). He is a very sane man. My wife has seen very strange things (such as a green "eye") and shadows circling on the ceiling. She also has strange things happening with her eyes. She has also experienced the "inner voices" and so many other things. She was always very sane (until a couple of years ago). She has a 4 year paralegal degree from a Baptist college here and I am a pharmacist, so we are far from being nuts. I used to think I was one of the intellects you mentioned, who had God all figured out. I got into the alien thing and quantum physics & such. I went thru a time of atheism. Two years ago, I never would have dreamed we would be where we are now. Maybe God is answering my wife's many prayers....I hope that this is one of those "mysterious ways" in which he works. :il:

Bronto,

Thanks for your comments. Smith did have the faith.

Guest shadow2b
Boron,

You refer to the damsel with a spirit of divination. Paul cast it out & it came out the same hour. I'm not sure what your point is. :hmmm:

Shadow (Gary),

I believe that testimony. I have no reason not to. I talked to someone else who mentioned the red eye thing. I personally spoke to a pastor who cast a spirit out of a black lady who was apparently into voodoo (we are in the South). He said she raised vertically up off the floor and levitated around the room (among other things). He is a very sane man. My wife has seen very strange things (such as a green "eye") and shadows circling on the ceiling. She also has strange things happening with her eyes. She has also experienced the "inner voices" and so many other things. She was always very sane (until a couple of years ago). She has a 4 year paralegal degree from a Baptist college here and I am a pharmacist, so we are far from being nuts. I used to think I was one of the intellects you mentioned, who had God all figured out. I got into the alien thing and quantum physics & such. I went thru a time of atheism. Two years ago, I never would have dreamed we would be where we are now. Maybe God is answering my wife's many prayers....I hope that this is one of those "mysterious ways" in which he works. :il:

Bronto,

Thanks for your comments. Smith did have the faith.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  662
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Birthday:  02/01/1960

:a2: Steve......

Proof of Mark 16:9-20.

per Dake's Annotated Reference Bible

1) Greek manuscripts. There are over 4,200 Gr. Mss. of the NT. At least 618 contain the gospels. Only TWO of them do not have these verses.

2) Syriac versions. Syriac is the first language into which the NT was translated. The "Peshito" MSS., 150AD, and "Curetonian" 3rd century contain these.

3) Latin versions. 8,000 of them now exists, copied from Jeromes Vulgate, 382 AD (He had access to the GR testaments of his day) It contains these verses. His version was a revision of the Vetus Itala (2nd century)which also contains these verses.

4) Gothic version. 350AD also contain these verses.

5) Egyptian version. the Memphitic (Coptic), 4th century and the Thebaic (Sahidic), 3rd century, contain these verses.

6) The Armenian (5th century) the Ethopic (4th century) and the Georgian (6th century) all have 9-20.

The Fathers. Whether they are always right in doctrine or not, the fact remains that their testimonyas to whether a verse or verses existed or not in thier day is even more valuable the MSS and versions. There are about 100 writers older than the oldest Gr MSS, and about 200 more of them inbetween 300-600AD and they all refer to these verses as being written by Mark as part of his gospel. Also see "Ante Nicene Fathers" which refer to these verses 16 times confirming Mark as the author. :il:

It is admitted by all that overwhelming mass of witnesses-MSS, versions, -Sinaitic and the Vatican are the only two that DO NOT have them. It is also admitted that in one of these- Vatican- a blank space is left for these verses, indicating that a chapter is incomplete. It was not until the 4th century that they were questioned.

The doctrines taught in these verses can be proved by many other Scriptures;

1) The appearance of Christ of 9-14 are stated elsewhere. John 21:14 states this was the 3rd time Jesus had appeared unto them.

2) The commission of v 15 to preach and baptize is stated in Mt 28:19-20, Luke 24:47-53, Acts 1:1-8

3) The result of preaching of v 16 is stated in John 3:16-20, 1 Cor 1:18-21 etc.....

4) The signs to follow believers v 17-18 are Mt 10:1-8; 17:20, Mk 9:23, 11:22-24, Lk 10:19, John 14:12...etc...

5)The ascension of v 19 is stated in Lk 24:49-53, Acts 1:9-11.

6) The confirmation of the Word of v 20 by the signs of v 17-18 is recorded n Heb 2:3-4, Acts 2:43, 5:16..etc...

:cool2:  What is the problem with Mark 16?

The way Mark ends his gospel and the fact that a few MSS, do not contain these verses are no grounds for leaving them out of the Bible. Since these verses are in perfect harmony with the other gospels and a necessary part of Mark, WHY question them further???

Only those who don't want to proclaim the power of the Gospel question this part of Mark.. ?

:a2: May you be blessed in Christ, Karen

Only those who don't want to proclaim the power of the Gospel question this part of Mark.. ?

Karen,

Thanks for reprinting the synopsis.   I will save my comments for a future topic post.  The last statement may be a little bit much.

- Steve

Bad things happen because we live in a fallen world.

- Dr. Steve

:a2: Here we go in this circle....

satan is the influencer of ALL thoughts and actions of this WORLD. Not that we can use the excuse that the "devil made me do it" but as in the same example as Eve... the fruit of the tree of good and evil at work still. The devil and his cohorts are still feeding into the minds of men rebellion over doing the good thing that we would....

Only the "Spiritual man" can discern the voice of the Holy Spirit and follow with the knowledge of "who" is guiding them. Natural man... things of the flesh, satans kingdom.

Carnal man... learning to listen and discern. Mix...

That is WHY it is so important to renew our minds and "washing of the word".  God can change those ideas and thoughts that we hold on to thinking they are our rationalisms and personality, when in fact they have been planted by the enemy as strongholds...

YES..it is a fallen world. But getting to the real reason for it is the same... satan...

in Christ, Karen ???

I have been involved with exorcisms and confront more evil on the front lines in the ER on a weekley basis than I care to recount.

- Dr. Steve

:hmmm: Could you explain what you mean by this statement...

In what way are these exorcisms done with and with what results? Are you preaching the Word and His deliverance?  

Maybe we can get a better understanding of the point you are trying to make here..

Confronting "evil' on a daily basis I can relate, I go into prison and jails. Every foul  and unclean spirit is housed there.

But what I chose to do about it is what I will be held accountable for..

To whom much is given, much will be required..

In Christ, Rev Karen

satan is the influencer of ALL thoughts and actions of this WORLD.

Good Rev. Karen,

:a2: The battle is in our mind. The thoughts and ideas that come up against the knowledge of God. It is OUR responsibility to dispell/resisit and become set free from wrong theology/thoughts that bring about demonic strongholds...

2 Cor 10:3-6

3For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:

4(For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds;)

5Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

6And having in a readiness to revenge all disobedience, when your obedience is fulfilled.

James 3:13-4:6

13Who is a wise man and endued with knowledge among you? let him shew out of a good conversation his works with meekness of wisdom.

14But if ye have bitter envying and strife in your hearts, glory not, and lie not against the truth. and judgeth the law: but if thou judge the law, thou art not a doer of the law, but a judge.

15This wisdom descendeth not from above, but is earthly, sensual, devilish.

16For where envying and strife is, there is confusion and every evil work.

17 But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, and easy to be intreated, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality, and without hypocrisy.

18And the fruit of righteousness is sown in peace of them that make peace.

James 4

4:1From whence come wars and fightings among you? come they not hence, even of your lusts that war in your members?

2Ye lust, and have not: ye kill, and desire to have, and cannot obtain: ye fight and war, yet ye have not, because ye ask not.

3Ye ask, and receive not, because ye ask amiss, that ye may consume it upon your lusts.

4Ye adulterers and adulteresses, know ye not that the friendship of the world is enmity with God? whosoever therefore will be a friend of the world is the enemy of God.

5Do ye think that the scripture saith in vain, The spirit that dwelleth in us lusteth to envy?

Don't you agree that when you grow closer to the Lord those thoughts satan tries to drop like bombs occasionally, are not your OWN thoughts? That is his intent is to tempt your flesh... same, same. Once you take a bite, he really don't have to work on you very much.. you are easily lead astray by more bait until you look back and think, "how did I get here," then he will hit with, "God wont take you back".