martyr

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  277
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0

Some of you know what I am going thru with my wife. I have taken her a number of places for deliverance (perhaps seeking man for freedom more than God). First, I realize that Jesus is the ultimate deliverer. However, I noticed different techniques or methods for deliverance. I wanted to note what I observed and ask which is Biblical? :cool2:

1) Sometimes, there was simply 10 or 15 minutes of prayer along with laying on of hands. The pastor would sometimes include what he discerned in his prayer. This was usually after my wife went to the altar or when we went to a pastor's home. One pastor prayed a prayer of deliverance followed by a prayer of blessing the next day.

2) The 2nd method is much different. The individual or prayer team would discern individual unclean spirits (such as fear, mind control, etc) and call them out by name. They would sometimes "speak" to the demon. There was once a team of 3 individuals (besides myself) who were praying for my wife. They would alternate sitting in front of my wife and "calling out" a certain spirit in the name of Jesus. One or two people in the room might be speaking or praying in tongues. This went on for hours. At one point, they tried to cast out a witchcraft spirit. My wife began to talk in what they said was an old witchcraft tongue. It was creepy. They would tell the spirit "curses back on you". They were successful in casting out a spirit of suicide (in my opinion). My wife used to talk about suicide, but has not done so since that night. Anyway, this type of deliverance went on for hours.

My question is:

According to scripture, which method is right? Jesus cast Legion out of the Gadarene demoniac all at once, but that was Jesus. Could common man do the same? Note that Jesus did speak to a demon in this instance.

I have heard of demons being cast out immediately. Note Acts 16:18 where a spirit came out the "same hour". Does this mean that one unclean spirit should come out quickly? Should ten unclean spirits take much longer or come out just as quickly? Or do they come out immediately when God decides the individual should be set free? One pastor stated that he sometimes discerns that someone needs deliverance, but he said he does not lay hands on that person unless prompted by the Holy Ghost (I forget which verse says "lay hands suddenly on no one"). Verses such as Matthew 8:16 and Acts 5:16 give me the impression that all were healed / delivered and this deliverance was complete. I spoke to a "sacred name" pastor who said that deliverance was much more successful if the person used the name Yahshua.

Like I said, I know Jesus is the deliverer. Is there such a thing as immediate and complete deliverance or freedom today? Or should an individual be strapped to a chair for hours (not really) while people get up in their face casting out a demon at a time? What hinders deliverance besides lack of faith? It seems that most deliverance books I have looked at go along with the naming of spirits and calling them out one by one. I would like to hear the views or experiences of anyone who has been set free, or actually observed deliverance. :il:

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  37
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  11/01/1969

I am new here, but I would like to chime in on this. I am wondering why it is necessary to have third or fourh parites in on a deliverance? In my opinion, if there is no unconfessed sin and the person in bondage is a believer and DESIRES (which I am sure is the case!) to be set free, then it seems that simply crying out to the Lord and asking HIM for deliverance is all that is necessary. I may be ignorant of demonic possession, but from the things I've read about spiritual warfare, it really is between the Lord and the person ensnared by evil spirits. We DO have authority as believers to cast Satan out, without the need for another person's help. Buscuit, I will pray for your wife's deliverance in the name of Jesus Christ. I hope what I've posted makes sense

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  200
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  07/26/1954

Deliverance ministry is no different than any other ministry such as preaching, teaching, evangilizing, hospitality, etc. in that our human personality gets involved. I do think deliverance ministry can exact a toll on the people doing the delivering.

I say this because we, as humans, get in the way of the gifts sometimes. We are to deny ourselves, take up our cross, and follow Jesus. If we do this, we are walking in the Spirit and will not fulfill the deeds of the flesh. When we are where we are supposed to be, than things like deliverance will happen just like when Jesus did it during His time here on earth. The reason is because it will then be done by the same Holy Spirit that ministered when Jesus spoke.

Just a thought, and I am not familiar with your wife's need for deliverance, but, biscuit, have you fasted and prayed and sought the Lord's word on what to do for your wife. Are you able to stand in the gap. God will show you where the door is being left open to darkness. We can be free in Jesus through the blood.

One last thought, the people who are ministering deliverance are not the ones who will deliver your wife. They may be used, but it is still God who does the deliverance.  :x:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Content Count:  438
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Birthday:  12/07/1969

Prayer, prayer, and more prayer!!!!  In the Bible, when someone was delivered or healed, the deliverance/healing was complete.  I'm not familiar with your wife's problem, so it's hard to comment any more on this.  Again, true prayer works.  God will answer---even if He doesn't answer in our time and our way.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  42
  • Content Count:  1,545
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Birthday:  09/27/1968

Jesus said some come out with prayer and fasting  it's easy to say "just cast it away"  "walk in the Spirit"  unfortunately, it's not always that simple.  There are generational curses, thought patterns that imprison us and we wrestle with real demons!  I do know that there is HOPE, and Jesus will come through!

Biscuit, this is a great message on spiritual warfare:

It's titled Why the Warfare isn't working and if you go to this page (you'll have to copy and paste) and click on that title, it is about 30 minutes long and I think it brings a lot to light.  

Blessings and prayers

http://www.perrystone.org/audio_messages.cfm

• Topic Count:  147
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,587
  • Content Per Day:  0.20

The psalms are full of deliverance, absolutely bursting at the seams with deliverance messages. Very intense, personal crying out and praising Him.  Calling out to Him from the pit and singing a new song of praise, trusting in Him.  They are full of mention of demons (workers of iniquity) and Satan (the wicked) and oppression, depression, and spiritual warfare.

I think Judy was right on the money with her post.  

I think you need to go to the cross, go directly to the cross, do not pass go.

I think you need to study Jesus more and Satan less.  You are giving these demons too much attention.  They are distracting you from a closer walk with Jesus. The more you study and chase after the Lord and seek His face, the more He reveals Himself to you, shelters you in the shadow of His wings, counsels you.

I think you need to go to the heart of the Bible, which is the Psalms.  Everything you need to know about salvation and deliverance is contained therein.

I think you need to keep your wallet in your pocket, and trust in the Lord, not in men.

• Topic Count:  59
  • Content Count:  277
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

Wordsower,

Thanks for that link. I agree with you. There are blocks (such as bitterness, unforgiveness, generational curses, etc). When a person prays renunciations, how do they know everything their ancestors might have done. Many people think getting free is so easy (it may be for some). If a person has unclean spirits (generational ones since birth), I would guess they are going to do everything they can to keep from being cast out. Jesus understood the enemy. This would be wise if in battle.

I have prayed, read Psalms, fasted, and quit my job so I can take care of her. I recently had her committed via court to outpatient care. It's easy to say you are giving a demon too much attention unless they have turned your life upside down. Everytime my wife opens her mouth now, I wonder whether she is speaking or whether it is a spirit. My wife's spirit would never be fearful (at least 20 phobias), paranoid, or accuse and condemn constantly. Some of the men who prayed for her were the finest men of God I have met. I keep thinking we are clay and that He will set her free when He is finished with His work in us. :il:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  42
  • Content Count:  1,545
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Birthday:  09/27/1968

Biscuit,

You can still remain positive and speak life.  "Speak those things that are not as thou they are" ya know?  The devil is defeated and he knows that, sometimes we just don't know it so much.  satan has no power over God and you do have authority to just tell him to get away.  Whether or not your wife believes that may be a different story.  She is probably believing these lies from the enemy.  

I have not seen any demons cast out, though my pastor has seen it and written about it in his book, he just told them to release God's people in the name of Jesus.  He said one lady was even a "good church member"  very active in church and seemed fine, then one day she just started speaking out in church real loud, disrupting the service.  so he went up to her and said, "Say Jesus is Lord"  and she said (in a weird voice) Jesus is a Lord.  He said, "But is He your Lord?"  and she screamed, "NO!  He is not my Lord"  So he commanded the demon to come out in Jesus' name and she went through some ugly stuff and passed out on the floor and now is fine.

One Accord is right, we don't want to give too much credit to the devil, he is defeated.  I don't want to downplay your problem at all either because I know that it is very real, but I have confidence that Jesus will deliver your wife.  I'm sorry you've had to quit work.  This is an undue burden for you to bear.  I just feel led to pray about it.  You agree with me and where 2 or more are gathered He will honor our prayer

Father,

We agree here together that this affliction must be stopped!  You have said that wherever two or more are gathered in Your name You will hear and give what we ask for if we abide in You.

Father, You said whatever we bind on earth will be bound in heaven and whatever we loose on earth will be loosed in heaven.

In the Name of Jesus, who defeated satan with His precious blood we bind satan and all of his evil angels from interferring with 'Biscuit's' wife and we loose her from this stronghold.  

Satan, you are commanded to leave this child of God now and by the blood of Jesus we proclaim it.

I know that they have a son to take care of and pray for Your blessing on this family,

We thank you Father and Praise You for You are Mighty!

Amen

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  582
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Birthday:  04/10/1970

Biscuit,

I will include her in my prayers.   I am guessing brain/mind diseases have been ruled out?

- Dr. Steve

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  37
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  11/01/1969

That is my question also, many mental/physical ailments, I believe ,cam mimic demonic strongholds.