• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,263
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/17/1961

Having something like that makes one believe that fornication is sanctioned. Married people just don't carry them around like that. They stay at home in a bedside drawer, don't they?

With or without a condom...it is all fornication, and the price is steep. There is no good reason for a youth to have them or be exposed to them.

Having birth control on you doesn't mean you support fornication. My younger sister is on birth control. I usually carry a condom in my wallet. It is nice to have as a safety net if mistakes are made. I think that teen pregnancy rates alone are a good reason for youth to have them and be exposed to them; abstinence should be taught, but in the case where one doesn't abstain, certain measures should be known about. It is obvious that in this country simply teaching abstinence alone isn't cutting it; people are still having sex at a young age. Wouldn't you rather have your child protected from pregnancy? Here is how I rate things on a spectrum:

Best |---------------------| Worst

Abstain Safe Sex Unsafe Sex

I would compare it to a seatbelt. No one wants to get into an accident, but if you ever do hit another car, you would rather have your seatbelt on than not on. Same with birth control; hopefully kids will stay abstinent, but if they don't, I would rather they practice safe sex.

My point is that married people don't need to carry around birth control! Unmarried people, if they are Christians, don't need it either, because Jesus is their control!

You are buying into the culture of today, and carrying around birth control is compromise.

Why don't married people need condoms? IF you don't want a pregnancy to occur you do!

I would rather a kid has access to them, and use them if they don't succeed in avoiding sex, than to have them becoming parents far too early than their ready for.

In the real world, its highly unrealistic to expect them to not have sex, especially the ones in religious homes if they haven't been thouroughly screwed up by parents and churches about sex.

Far too many churches and parents make sex out to be the worst sin and dirty act in the world. So when two kids do get married, they are so totally screwed up they don't enjoy what God has given them to enjoy.

• Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  2,144
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  11/05/1985

u dont need a parachute unless youre planning on falling

Well then we are letting a lot of teens in this country jump out of airplanes without parachutes.

To Biblicist

Here's the spectrum God would have

Best |------------------| Worst

Abstain. . . . . . . . . .Fornication

There is no inbetween.

I'm not saying that having sex with a condom is less sinful than without one. I understand that God views safe sex and unsafe sex both as fornication. I'm saying that if I had to pick one that I would RATHER have a child undertake, it would be safe sex. Wouldn't you agree?

To FA

My point is that married people don't need to carry around birth control! Unmarried people, if they are Christians, don't need it either, because Jesus is their control!

You are buying into the culture of today, and carrying around birth control is compromise.

Christians, just like nonchristians, make mistakes. A Christian is not exempt from falling to temptation every now and then. And statistically speaking, we aren't going to be stopping pre-marriage sex anytime soon in general.

This link shows a PDF of our nations highschool sexual activity from 1991-2005. You will notice that while numbers have (surprisingly to me) gone down slightly, sexual activity remains extremely high. Before graduation, it is more likely that a child has had sex at least once in highschool than they haven't, on the average. The numbers don't lie, kids, Christian and non-Christian alike, are having premarital sex. So what do we do about it?

Aside from continuing to teach abstinence to our kids, we should be providing them with safety precautions if, and in all probablity when, they have sex. This link has the findings of another study. It is quite long, but the meat that I want you to check out is from page 18-22. It has the contraceptive use of today's children, and more info about sexual activity. It appears, based on both of these, that while contraceptive use has gone up, the amount of kids who are having sex today in highschool is actually going down. So it seems that simply having a condom around doesn't mean you are more likely to have sex, it means that you are more responsible, and that if you don wind up having sex, you will be prepared.

Again, I just think that not discussing contraceptive use to our children is like sending them into a battle without a helmet. There is a very good chance a child today will have sex in highschool, shouldn't we at least give them protection if they do make a mistake? What would be worse for a child's life; having sex, or having sex and getting pregnant and dropping out of highschool to care for baby? So while I disaprove of teen sex, I approve of being prepared. I most certaintly support contraceptive use and knowledge among our children.

PS: Eliyahuw, I think we are agreeing entirely too much in this thread! Quick! Find something to argue about with me so I can feel like everything is normal again! :noidea:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

Our Christian kids already have the helmet of salvation! We need to be raising Godly kids who wear the WHOLE ARMOUR OF GOD. It's not impossible! Do your job.

PS: Eliyahuw, I think we are agreeing entirely too much in this thread! Quick! Find something to argue about with me so I can feel like everything is normal again! :noidea:

ROTFL uhmm yeah i was thinking the same thing.

Our Christian kids already have the helmet of salvation! We need to be raising Godly kids who wear the WHOLE ARMOUR OF GOD. It's not impossible! Do your job.

Your being totally naive. Even preachers don't hold their breath when it concerns sex and teenagers!

The reality is that were human. Sex is a natural function just like breathing. IF it was so awful, then why did God give it to us. The only problem is the restrictions that man and Churches place on sex. Societal restrictions on marraige prevent the kids from being married to comply with marraige before sex. Their bodies require sexual function as a natural part of life and to suppress them is harmful to them. For example if males do not have sex, their testosterone levels decrease to a point where they will become depressed, tired, and will also affect mental as well as heart function. So basically their caught between a rock and hard place.

Even Paul recognized that fact that most will not be able to abstain. So abstinance is not natural it is not designed for the human body. The natural urges can be controlled for a while but after time its just not possible as well as not healthy at all!

Your being totally naive. Even preachers don't hold their breath when it concerns sex and teenagers!

The reality is that were human. Sex is a natural function just like breathing. IF it was so awful, then why did God give it to us. The only problem is the restrictions that man and Churches place on sex. Societal restrictions on marraige prevent the kids from being married to comply with marraige before sex. Their bodies require sexual function as a natural part of life and to suppress them is harmful to them. For example if males do not have sex, their testosterone levels decrease to a point where they will become depressed, tired, and will also affect mental as well as heart function. So basically their caught between a rock and hard place.

Even Paul recognized that fact that most will not be able to abstain. So abstinance is not natural it is not designed for the human body. The natural urges can be controlled for a while but after time its just not possible as well as not healthy at all!

Call me naive. I take it seriously my role to teach holiness.

Man and churches place restrictions on sex? How so? God is the One who made the rules.

It's hilarious to believe that a man who lives righteously and celibate does harm to himself! You are believing hype! Abstinence in the unmarried is discipline--ever heard of it??

Man and churches place restrictions on sex? How so? God is the One who made the rules.

It's hilarious to believe that a man who lives righteously and celibate does harm to himself! You are believing hype! Abstinence in the unmarried is discipline--ever heard of it??

You can't argue with how the human body reacts.

You know, you have your head in the sand if you really think your teens won't have sex. Sorry but when the hormones come out, they don't even think about anything but sex.

God didn't make the rules that restrict the outlet. Man did. Your kids might be able to get married at age of 16, but they cna't get a job, support themselves, sign a contract, or any other thing necessary in a marraige. So the restrictions are there made by man.

Abstinance is ok but it isn't a permanent solution. Its got its limitations.

As far as disclipine goes, thats fine and dandy until it starts harming someone.

You need to do some study on effects of abstinance on a human body. It is not a good thing at all. AND Paul recognized that.

Like i said, in males it reduces the testosterone levels in the body of which only two ways can bring them up again and thats to have sex, or to take suppliment testosterone. the drop in the levels causes heart disease, kidney disease, as well as other illnesses. It causes loss of muscle tone, increased fat storage, increased cholesterol levels.

So yeah its harmful to be celebate if you consider shorter life span, heart attacks, diabetes, harmful not counting depression.

You can't argue with how the human body reacts.

You know, you have your head in the sand if you really think your teens won't have sex. Sorry but when the hormones come out, they don't even think about anything but sex.

God didn't make the rules that restrict the outlet. Man did. Your kids might be able to get married at age of 16, but they cna't get a job, support themselves, sign a contract, or any other thing necessary in a marraige. So the restrictions are there made by man.

Abstinance is ok but it isn't a permanent solution. Its got its limitations.

As far as disclipine goes, thats fine and dandy until it starts harming someone.

You need to do some study on effects of abstinance on a human body. It is not a good thing at all. AND Paul recognized that.

Like i said, in males it reduces the testosterone levels in the body of which only two ways can bring them up again and thats to have sex, or to take suppliment testosterone. the drop in the levels causes heart disease, kidney disease, as well as other illnesses. It causes loss of muscle tone, increased fat storage, increased cholesterol levels.

So yeah its harmful to be celebate if you consider shorter life span, heart attacks, diabetes, harmful not counting depression.

You don't know what you are talking about. Do you think I was never young? Do you think that I don't know what I'm talking about?

The human body is not made for sex alone. It is made for serving God! Get your head out of hedonism, and teach kids about righteousness and pleasing God. I see kids living to please God, and it is a blessing to behold.

You are believing and perpetuating a lie from the pit in telling ANYONE that celibacy is harmful to one's health. It is a lie. Typical lie from an ungodly male viewpoint....actually it is pretty laughable if it wasn't so tragically stupid.

• Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  2,144
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  11/05/1985

If you believe that Christian kids wouldn't have sex before marriage, you are mistaken. I already posted some links, but I'll paraphrase for you.

34% of 9th graders have sex

42% of 10th graders have sex

51% of 11th graders have sex

63% of 12th graders have sex

That gets higher in college between unmarried couples. About 3 out of 4 Americans consider themselves Christian. That's about 75%. How can the other 25% of the population account for the statistics in our highschools that on the average about 50-60% of highschoolers have sex? Christians, or self professed Christians certaintly have, are having, and will have premarital sex. People make mistakes. Having salvation doesn't make you immune to making mistakes and commiting sin. If you feel that having a "helmet of salvation" protects one from committing the sin of fornification, what about the sin of arrogance? The sin of lying? We all make mistakes FA, sex is no exception to the rule for Christians. Christians aren't immune to sinning.

Pre-marital sex will inevitably happen. To not be prepared for it if and when it does happen seems foolish to me.

You don't know what you are talking about. Do you think I was never young? Do you think that I don't know what I'm talking about?

Obviously you don't know what i am talking about.

The human body is not made for sex alone. It is made for serving God! Get your head out of hedonism, and teach kids about righteousness and pleasing God. I see kids living to please God, and it is a blessing to behold.

Sorry but your wrong! It was made for procreation as well as a Container for the person that is in it. The body does not serve God whatsoever!

I'll tell you what, i'll take any 10 of those kids serving God and i'll find at least half that have had sex

You are believing and perpetuating a lie from the pit in telling ANYONE that celibacy is harmful to one's health.

FA, try showing me 1 place in the bible that teaches long term abstinance in reprodutive adults.

Now Paul teaches that its not good! In fact he says not to withold ones self from their mate long term.

You choose to ignore medical facts. it is out there in black n white. Most of the Abstinance programs i have seen out there are so full of balony that its no wonder it has a failure rate of around 80%.

It is a lie.

Please show me where it's a lie. Please show me where there is a lower rate of depression, lower rate of heart disease in celebate people than there is in sexually active people! IF it isn't so harmful to be abstinate, please show me where it doesn't harm a marraige! I would love to see that statistic.

Typical lie from an ungodly male viewpoint....actually it is pretty laughable if it wasn't so tragically stupid.

And yours is anymore Godly?? Especially the comment about male viewpoints.