• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,263
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/17/1961

If you are living for God, and you cannot remain celibate, He provides you a wife! Paul was celibate. He is the role model for us.

No paul wasn't, paul was married.

No he wasn't.

Paul was NOT, married, Peter was, but not Paul.

I'm sorry but he had to have been married! It was impossible for him to not be married. Paul was a jew. Furthermore he was a pharasee i believe, and to hold that position a jewish man must be a certain age, as well as be married. So he was married. Had to have been.

The Bible does not definetively state what was Paul's marital status. However, the social norm of the time required Pharisees and members of the Sanhedrin to be married. As Paul was a Pharisee and likely a member of the Sanhedrin, he was almost certainly married at one point.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  135
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,537
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/29/1956

If you are living for God, and you cannot remain celibate, He provides you a wife! Paul was celibate. He is the role model for us.

No he wasn't.

I'm sorry but he had to have been married! It was impossible for him to not be married. Paul was a jew. Furthermore he was a pharasee i believe, and to hold that position a jewish man must be a certain age, as well as be married. So he was married. Had to have been.

The Bible does not definetively state what was Paul's marital status. However, the social norm of the time required Pharisees and members of the Sanhedrin to be married. As Paul was a Pharisee and likely a member of the Sanhedrin, he was almost certainly married at one point.

Yes he does state definitively he was not married, he says it himself in 1 Corinthians, if look up, Floatingaxe quoted the scripture for you.

No he wasn't.

Yes he does state definitively he was not married, he says it himself in 1 Corinthians, if look up, Floatingaxe quoted the scripture for you.

He had to have been married. he coudn't have been a candidate for the sanhedran if he were single. If he states that he was single then he was probably divorced

Most likely he was divorced as his conversion would nullify his position in the sanhedran and his wife left him.

No he wasn't.

He had to have been married. he coudn't have been a candidate for the sanhedran if he were single. If he states that he was single then he was probably divorced

Most likely he was divorced as his conversion would nullify his position in the sanhedran and his wife left him.

You are adding to scripture, no where does it say the Bible say he was a member of or a candidate to be a member the Sanhedrin and he speaks of not having had a wife or being married. Why does that bother you so much. He says he wishes all could be like him and be single, but that it is better to marry than to burn. I would say Paul knows more about his life than commentaries and peoples perceptions of what should or aught to be.

No he wasn't.

You are adding to scripture, no where does it say the Bible say he was a member of or a candidate to be a member the Sanhedrin and he speaks of not having had a wife or being married. Why does that bother you so much. He says he wishes all could be like him and be single, but that it is better to marry than to burn. I would say Paul knows more about his life than commentaries and peoples perceptions of what should or aught to be.

Several places one of which the word beliel was used. That is a word that the sanhedran member would use.

2Cr 6:15 And what concord hath Christ with Belial? or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel?

Secondly why was he on the road to damascus to go after the nazarites? Why would a 'Citizen" and not a member of the sanhedran go to persectute anyone. A mere citizen would not have any authority to do so. Third he oversaw the stoning of stephen. That duty would fall to a member of the sanhedran or jewish leaders.

He also said he was a pharasee and a son of a pharasee. All the evidence and good solid evidence points out that he was a member of the sanhedran.

He was feared greatly among the christians. No mere jewish citizen would be feared like that. he had authority of which could only be wielded by a member of the sanhedran.

Guest Biblicist

Ways to help your kids avoid these situations. . .

1) Teach them it is WRONG in God's sight.

2) Never let them be alone.

3) Never let your children take friends of the opposite sex to their rooms

4) Remind them that it is WRONG in God's sight.

5) Keep open lines of communication with them

6) Know where your children are going and with whom at all times.

7) Talk about sex with your kids, explain to them what fornication is and that it is WRONG in God's sight.

8) SET A GOOD EXAMPLE

i agree iwth all of these things and did them with my kids.

But how are they supposed to deal with the natural burning desire that everyone gets.

Thats the biggie there that will cause the best laid plan to fail.

Good for you, Eliyahuw! :thumbsup:

Dealing with the natural burning desire, that's why I put #2, #3 & #5. Believe me, I know what sorts of trouble teens can get into when they are alone in a bedroom. It's just best to avoid those situations all-together. But I think #8 is the most important on this list.

I neglected to add was trust and prayer. Trust in the Lord Jesus Christ. And pray for your kids daily. These two things are the best! And I think we have to remember that trials come into our lives to create in us better Christians. God can use a teen pregnancy, or even AIDS to draw His child closer, or back, to Him.

"All things [not some] work together for good to them that love the Lord and are called according to His purpose."

he speaks of not having had a wife or being married. Why does that bother you so much.

Two things here. if he was divorced which is probable, then he wouldn't be married. If his wife had died he wouldn't be married. Third how would he be qualified to speak on marraige if he had not been married? Would you listen to a single man tell you what marriage is all about? Nope i don't think you or anyone else would! Unless you have been there you can't know what its like.

He says he wishes all could be like him and be single, but that it is better to marry than to burn.

The only benefit of being single is your free to do what you want. you don't have to take into account another persons needs.

I would say Paul knows more about his life than commentaries and peoples perceptions of what should or aught to be.

probably so, but the commentaries and the theologians and people who studied pauls life also studied the customs and norms of that day and age. Paul would have followed those customs and norms as a good jew one of position and authority as well as religious standing and part of that was to be married.

he speaks of not having had a wife or being married. Why does that bother you so much.

Two things here. if he was divorced which is probable, then he wouldn't be married. If his wife had died he wouldn't be married. Third how would he be qualified to speak on marraige if he had not been married? Would you listen to a single man tell you what marriage is all about? Nope i don't think you or anyone else would! Unless you have been there you can't know what its like.

He says he wishes all could be like him and be single, but that it is better to marry than to burn.

The only benefit of being single is your free to do what you want. you don't have to take into account another persons needs.

I would say Paul knows more about his life than commentaries and peoples perceptions of what should or aught to be.

probably so, but the commentaries and the theologians and people who studied pauls life also studied the customs and norms of that day and age. Paul would have followed those customs and norms as a good jew one of position and authority as well as religious standing and part of that was to be married.

Okay I've heard all of those scholars and read those commentaries also, but they also say under those same rules Jesus would have had to be married to be called Rabbi, so if you accept it for Paul, who plainly states he was not, then you must accept it for Jesus who never said anything about this martial state.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

You can't get around the Word of God. Paul himself stated He was unmarried. He was also a powerful rabbi. Being an apostle, He had authority to speak to all of us about marriage...on God's behalf!

Guest Biblicist
Third how would he be qualified to speak on marraige if he had not been married?

Are you serious? God gave him the authority to speak on Marriage, and God has the authority because he is the creator of Marriage. Also, you don't have to taste the donut to know it's sweet. :th_praying:

Link <-----

Question: "Was the Apostle Paul married?"

Answer: The Bible never says whether Paul was married or not. Some think that he was at one time based on what he said in 1 Corinthians 9:5, "Don't we have the right to take a believing wife along with us, as do the other apostles and the Lord's brothers and Cephas?" If Paul was married at one time, his wife likely passed away considering he never mentions her in any of his writings. Paul declared that he had the gift of celibacy in 1 Corinthians 7:1-7.

Some believe that the Apostle Paul was married because history tells us that a member of the Sanhedrin was required to be married. However, Paul never stated that he was a member of the Sanhedrin. He definitely seemed to be on the path, "I was advancing in Judaism beyond many Jews of my own age and was extremely zealous for the traditions of my fathers" (Galatians 1:14). However, Paul might not have advanced that far before He converted to Christ. So, was the Apostle Paul married? It is possible that he was at one time, but again, the Bible does not specifically say.