IGNORED

Revival what is it going to take?

Will Hill

Guest Biblicist
I need help please. I understand you do not have all the answers but I seek what you do have. Does God have limits? :)

In short, no! :thumbsup:

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,673
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  0

Well all I can say is that it truly saddens me to hear such disparaging and hopeless comments from other believers.

I expected these kinds of 'good luck' comments from people who are looking to see the church fail.

Without hope, there is no faith.

Why are you lashing out at my firm belief that the Lord is going to do magnificent and miraculous things to prepare His Bride?

I don't need luck, my friend. I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength. I do not believe in luck. I believe in faith. I believe in destiny. I believe in the incredible and absolute power of my Lord and my God.

I rebuke any stumbling blocks along my journey with the Lord. If you choose to be as such, then I can do nothing but pray for you.

Do not misunderstand and think that I believe I will do this on my own or that "I" will unite the body of Christ. My calling with the ministry that I am starting has been confirmed several times by several different church elders who have spoken prophetic words about it over my life. I am not boasting of this. I am merely trying to show you that this is what the Lord has led me to preach, and preach it I shall.

I only pray that you will open your hearts and minds to the fact that our Father wishes to see His children finally get along with each other.

? i think you're reading into this too much.

it as nothing to do with your faith.

But the more you get involved your ministry the more you will realize that you will fall under some denomination.

It may be a Christian denomination but at this point whatever you reject in your ministry someone will have accepted in theirs.

It has nothing to do with negativity.

I applaud you for having faith in mankind. But mankind always fails.

No one is saying not to get along. no one is saying not to believe. but if you think there will be a day before Christ's

return that ALL Christians will think along the same beliefs then you tell me where to start.

Personally I believe (take this with a grain of salt) that when Christ comes for His bride...it will

be for the last people that are closest to His word. His Word has ONE TRUTH. At the rate

Christianity is going it will be totally off coarse in, let's say, 100 years.

I don't believe Christ will let His church self-destruct. ... 3xR0c|<stAr

Edited by exrockstar

• Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,144
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Birthday:  02/18/1978

A pastor friend of mine has suggested (and I tend to agree) that we Christians have gotten too soft because of the amount of freedom we have. It no longer means anything to be a "churchgoer". There's no real sacrifice or risk involved. I'm not suggesting that we start voting for people who'll work to limit Christian freedom -- but as my friend has suggested, if that happened, though it would be terrible for our country, it may actually force some real commitment out of Christians.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  811
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  7,338
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2

I don't see in Scripture anywhere saying there will be any kind of a "revival" prior to the Second Advent, unless you consider the many who get saved during the Tribulation. Also, what does revival look like? Does anybody really know? What I mean by that is this: if you look at the great revivals of the past, like the Welsh Revival, you always see great moves of G-d in conjunction with moves of holiness on the part of the Church. Personally, I don't think believers are interested in Holy living anymore; they want what they perceive to be revival--a tingly feeling with the demonstration of signs and wonders--with no change in their lifestyles. In other words, I have noticed a lot of "conversions" in the church but very little "commitment." And until the Lord sees His people totally sold out to Him, why would He deign to send revival?

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  147
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  07/19/1983

When I read the original post question, I instantly remembered this song:

http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/castingcrow...opleprayed.html

Good lyrics, indicate a few things that need to be done. Then we might see a revival. In ourselves and in others :) .

Guest Biblicist
A pastor friend of mine has suggested (and I tend to agree) that we Christians have gotten too soft because of the amount of freedom we have. It no longer means anything to be a "churchgoer". There's no real sacrifice or risk involved. I'm not suggesting that we start voting for people who'll work to limit Christian freedom -- but as my friend has suggested, if that happened, though it would be terrible for our country, it may actually force some real commitment out of Christians.

rtwo ~ I believe your pastor friend is wrong. While he is correct that we are refined through diversity, mainly the reason Christians are getting soft is because they are not challanged from the pulpit. Problems in a church begin in the pulpit.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  811
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  7,338
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2

rtwo ~ I believe your pastor friend is wrong. While he is correct that we are refined through diversity, mainly the reason Christians are getting soft is because they are not challanged from the pulpit. Problems in a church begin in the pulpit.

Bib, I totally agree with your last sentence! Great, great point. But, :emot-handshake: , what in the world does "we are refined through diversity" mean?!?!?! Keeping in mind the root of "diversity" is "divide," something most people forget.

• Topic Count:  34
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,673
  • Content Per Day:  0.27

revival?

lol here is the "unity." :emot-handshake:

forum link ... 3xR0c|<stAr

Guest Biblicist

Bib, I totally agree with your last sentence! Great, great point. But, :emot-handshake: , what in the world does "we are refined through diversity" mean?!?!?! Keeping in mind the root of "diversity" is "divide," something most people forget.

Diversity, the tool Satan uses to conquer us. Doesn't he continually try to divide? We can be strengthened through Satan's continued attempts to divide us from God, and each other.

Actually I meant to say adversity. . . :emot-hug: But they both work, don't they? :24: