IGNORED

Revival what is it going to take?

Will Hill

Guest yod

All it would take for a real revival in America (or anywhere else) is the humble repentance of christians.

Fat chance, eh? :emot-handshake:

What would make American christians repent for our trusting primarily in the dollar? What would make us break the sin of silence regarding the things that we all know are wrong? What would cause us to forgive each other? What would cause us to apologize to those we have offended?

I hope that I'm wrong...but my opinion is that only the judgment of God upon America will shake us up enough to do this ....so we will have church as usual until the "refining" process occurs.

Does anyone remember how we almost had a revival after 9-11? How quickly "God bless America" has been forgotten...we should have been saying "America bless God"

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,144
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/18/1978

A pastor friend of mine has suggested (and I tend to agree) that we Christians have gotten too soft because of the amount of freedom we have. It no longer means anything to be a "churchgoer". There's no real sacrifice or risk involved. I'm not suggesting that we start voting for people who'll work to limit Christian freedom -- but as my friend has suggested, if that happened, though it would be terrible for our country, it may actually force some real commitment out of Christians.

rtwo ~ I believe your pastor friend is wrong. While he is correct that we are refined through diversity, mainly the reason Christians are getting soft is because they are not challanged from the pulpit. Problems in a church begin in the pulpit.

I agree and disagree. Certainly soft pastors are -a- cause of this problem... but a challenging speaker is often just not enough to wake these people from their slumber. You can't blame all the problems in the american church on the pastors -- at some point, the believers themselves have to take responsibility. The pastor can't live their lives for them.