• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  17
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/04/1945

All you have to do is pull over if you didn't do any thing you have nothing to worry about. :whistling:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  276
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  7,474
  • Content Per Day:  0.96
  • Birthday:  01/31/1966

All you have to do is pull over if you didn't do any thing you have nothing to worry about. :whistling:

Even if you do have something to worry about (ie: doing something you shouldn't be and getting caught..), it's never a safe bet to simply run. Be an adult about the situation and face the charges. Don't run, but face the deal. If you are innocent, chances are that you will be exonerated.

No one should be endangering innocents by leading cops on a chase.

t.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  17
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  04/04/1945

:whistling:

Even if you do have something to worry about (ie: doing something you shouldn't be and getting caught..), it's never a safe bet to simply run. Be an adult about the situation and face the charges. Don't run, but face the deal. If you are innocent, chances are that you will be exonerated.

No one should be endangering innocents by leading cops on a chase.

t.

:huh:

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  135
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,537
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/29/1956

I sympathize with the police and respect them, but I have seen far TOO many high speed chases. I just don't think it is worth putting the lives of who knows how many people in danger to catch, what? A burglar? A pimp? Some guy doing some weed? Sorry, it's not worth it, IMO.

I used to work for an agency that implemented a "no chase" policy. It lasted for about 8 months. Then, people figured out we had a "no chase" policy. What do you think happened? You pretty much have to chase the cars that run. If it is for a stop sign, you still have to chase. Why? No one runs for a minor violation. Almost always, when someone runs for what appears to be a minor violation, they are actually committing a major crime. You usually find drugs etc. in the car. Whether people believe it or not, we do not like to chase. It puts our lives in danger worse than anyone else's life. I hate to chase. However, the chase is a necessary evil. I chased a car Sunday. Blue lighted them for a paper tag. They ran. When I finally caught them after a short vehicle chase and a long foot pursuit, the driver was a fugitive from another State.

hr.jr, your a cop also, my hats off to you, and axxman both!

:noidea:

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  24
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  3,292
  • Content Per Day:  0.52

I used to work for an agency that implemented a "no chase" policy. It lasted for about 8 months.

We had a "no chase" deal here for awhile. Then one day a high-speed pursuit was called off "for public safety reasons" and the suspect car rolled and two teenage girls inside the car died. Funny thing happened...the parents SUED the department for NOT stopping the car. You can't win.

A police officer can only hope to make ONE person happy in his life...his wife, when he comes home safely from his shift.