• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  1,360
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  7,866
  • Content Per Day:  1.23
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/18/1946

Yes, not only putting oxygen into the air, but taking carbon dioxide out.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  179
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,941
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Birthday:  10/08/1964

Grass is one of the major producers of new soil. Your lawn is continually making topsoil by developing, dying off, decomposing, and redeveloping. By leaving clippings on the lawn and allowing them to decay naturally (called grasscycling), you return to the lawn a significant amount of nutrients that help it to grow.

Sounds to like Kel is just tired of mowing the lawn. :emot-crying:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  158
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,763
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Birthday:  11/23/1990

Sorry, I must have not clarified my point enough. Grass is definatly beneficial. We need green plants. What I propose is that we use naturally occuring plants. I live in the prairies and here is the view out my backyard. We have our nice little pocket of clean-cut water-guzzling grass. Then over the fence you get the natural prairie grass. Nobody ever waters it and it looks just as good if not better than what we grow.

Just ripping up grass and leaving dirt would be incredibly harmful. What we need to do is put in plants that are part of the natural ecosystem. This uses less water, doesn't need to be fertilized or have pesticides applied and is much better for the animals in the area. :wub:

There is one person on my street that already has prairie grass instead of lawn. I admire him greatly, unfortunately my parents arn't willing to follow his example. Oh well, I'll have my own house someday.

God Bless,

Keilan

P.S. Giaour, I am definatly tired of mowing lawns, but that isn't my motivation here :thumbsup:

• Topic Count:  179
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,941
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Birthday:  10/08/1964

well, naturally occuring ground cover in florida is SAND.

Sorry but your suggestion would be harmful to the environment.

• Topic Count:  158
  • Content Count:  1,763
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Birthday:  11/23/1990

well, naturally occuring ground cover in florida is SAND.

Sorry but your suggestion would be harmful to the environment.

I don't live in Florida. :cool: Perhaps for those of you who do, grass is a better solution. I'll say it again, I have no education in this field, and most of my ideas come from looking out my window and wondering how I could make this better on the environment. Perhaps in florida we should see if there is any ground-cover plants that consume less water than standard lawn. If there isn't, then lawn is the best option. I certainly don't know.

God Bless,

Keilan

• Topic Count:  121
  • Content Count:  2,782
  • Content Per Day:  0.36
  • Days Won:  1

Why all the romping round Robin Hood's Barn on Man as Special Creation? Man is not essentially animal, vegetable or mineral, but rather a very special member of the divinely created order outlined in Genesis Chapter One. The Holy Scriptures define Man as being made "in God's Image & His Likeness." This was never said of a cow, a horse or a pussy-cat! In fact, when God became "enfleshed" in John 1:1,14, it was as an identifiable MAN, not a member of the animal kind. Further, the first created Man, Adam, was different in both appearance & authority/order from the beast genre. And when Jesus came, He was called the Last Adam, like the first Adam a MAN, although without sin. How any sensible person could confuse Man & mankind with the beasts of the field, the large fish of the sea or the birds of the air has to rank as the Caper of the Ages!

http://arthurdurnan.freeyellow.com

• Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,144
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Birthday:  02/18/1978

Why all the romping round Robin Hood's Barn on Man as Special Creation? Man is not essentially animal, vegetable or mineral, but rather a very special member of the divinely created order outlined in Genesis Chapter One. The Holy Scriptures define Man as being made "in God's Image & His Likeness." This was never said of a cow, a horse or a pussy-cat! In fact, when God became "enfleshed" in John 1:1,14, it was as an identifiable MAN, not a member of the animal kind. Further, the first created Man, Adam, was different in both appearance & authority/order from the beast genre. And when Jesus came, He was called the Last Adam, like the first Adam a MAN, although without sin. How any sensible person could confuse Man & mankind with the beasts of the field, the large fish of the sea or the birds of the air has to rank as the Caper of the Ages!

http://arthurdurnan.freeyellow.com

Well said!

I think this has very much to do with the overall demonic agenda to subvert the Word and Hope of Christ. Christianity says Christ came to save mankind. Satan wants to render us not worth saving.

• Topic Count:  70
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,513
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Birthday:  08/27/1959

Apparently, saving the whales is more important than saving 5.5 billion people. Paul Watson, founder and president of the Sea Shepherd Conservation Society and famous for militant intervention to stop whalers, now warns mankind is

Guest Zeena

Genesis 1:28

And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.

• Topic Count:  811
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  7,338
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2

Genesis 1:28

And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.

We're working on it! :whistling: