undone

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  45
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  819
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  0

If someone gives merit to what science has to say when it comes to evolution are they lost? If not, why would Christians choose to fight about this issue when the issue of salvation through Christ is our main goal? Why take the risk of losing your chance to help someone find the path to salvation?

Do some Christians choose to protect the wrong message?

Are there majors and minors when it comes to the Christian message?

It seems the main question Jesus asked was, "Who do you say I am ?"

My old boss had saying "Kill 'em all but six and use them for pallbearers". Is that the approach we are taking at times? Jesus said, "Blessed are the peacemakers."

I truly am searching here. There's little sarcasm or pretense in my questions.

For the record, anyone who has been here long enough knows my position on evolution.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If someone gives merit to what science has to say when it comes to evolution are they lost? If not, why would Christians choose to fight about this issue when the issue of salvation through Christ is our main goal? Why take the risk of losing your chance to help someone find the path to salvation?

:blink:

The Message

For I determined not to know any thing among you, save Jesus Christ, and him crucified.
1 Corinthians 2:2

The Question

What think ye of Christ
Matthew 22:42

The Truth

For since by man came death, by man came also the resurrection of the dead. For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.
1 Corinthians 15:21-22

The Astonishment

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
John 3:16

The Creation

And God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good. And the evening and the morning were the sixth day.
Genesis 1:31

The Christ - The Creator

All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made. In him was life; and the life was the light of men. And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.
John 1:3-5

Accept the anti-scientific science fiction tail of evolution and you turn your back on factual science.

No big deal, science still functions with or without this wicked lie!

But you also deny The Creator, The Lord Jesus Christ and that, Dear Brother, is an eternal act of deadly sinful pride!

You deny the original fall and sin.

You deny the need for The Blood shed for the remission of sin.

You deny God's Righteous Judgment with a real eternal hell.

You start down the road to total denial of The Complete Bible from Genesis through Revelation.

You have set Mankind into the pit of lies and hopelessness.

Evolution is leading young professed Christians, even here at Worthy, away from God's Holy Word and into the demented world of God haters.

These young brothers and sisters are even ashamed to post The Word of God!

It breaks my heart.

Whosoever therefore shall be ashamed of me and of my words in this adulterous and sinful generation; of him also shall the Son of man be ashamed, when he cometh in the glory of his Father with the holy angels.
Mark 8:38

SO.....

Out of love.....

Not caring about the ridicule

And the mocking.....

And the hatred....

Of doomed souls.....

You may find a Christian.....

Even at Worthy!

Foolishly engaging in a spirited defense of Their Beloved Creator.....

The Lord Jesus Christ.

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:

The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:

The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.

And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel; and I will bless them.

Numbers 6:24-27

Love, Your Brother Joe

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,144
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  11/05/1985

I'm sorry, but I disagree Fresno.

Time and time again this has been brought up on worthy. No, believing in the theory of evolution does NOT mean you are turning from Christ... how could it? You can be a Christian, and still believe God worked through evolution. If you use it as a tool that God used to create the world, everything fits in nicely. Merely accepting the theory of evolution doesn't make one unChristian, it would be just like if accepting the theory of gravity made on unChristian, basically.

I feel like bashing my head against a wall! How many times has this been thrashed out and to what end?

I know you genuinely seek Truth, so PLEASE read the Bible starting from Genesis with a clear and open mind and try asking God for guidance and discernment. That will help.

I'm being blunt because as you can tell I believe Genesis and do not believe God used evolution as His means of having fellowship with His creation via ape.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  113
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,430
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  06/28/1952

My old boss had saying "Kill 'em all but six and use them for pallbearers". Is that the approach we are taking at times? Jesus said, "Blessed are the peacemakers."

I truly am searching here. There's little sarcasm or pretense in my questions.

For the record, anyone who has been here long enough knows my position on evolution.

As long as you are believing in the God that created the world in the text and time that HE designated, I believe it is fair and just to accepted that the world also "Evolved" from that point on! I do believe man has his timing wrong though , whether we have been misinformed in the Bible through transcriptions and re-writing it or scientists are incorrect in their data. Remember, we can't even resolve the simplist of theories in some area , where in other areas , we are far ahead of our own selves.....as in genetics/childbirth/stem cells, etc., Yet we're continually finding out new and more information of the universe as we speak each time we get more meticulous with the telescope and computerization .

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  331
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  8,713
  • Content Per Day:  1.21

Depends on what you mean by evolution. If you mean the earth (geology) evolved over time through entropy and other factors, that species are millions of years old and the dinosaurs did exist before man, and that some species have evolved into other species for adaptability to the environment, then no, there's nothing wrong with that.

If by evolution you mean natural selection coupled with "random chance" formed the universe...or that naturalism rules the day and is a proper guide within the evolutionary camp, then no, a person cannot claim that and be a Christian. He must, at some point, give up one or the other.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  45
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  819
  • Content Per Day:  0.12

Depends on what you mean by evolution. If you mean the earth (geology) evolved over time through entropy and other factors, that species are millions of years old and the dinosaurs did exist before man, and that some species have evolved into other species for adaptability to the environment, then no, there's nothing wrong with that.

If by evolution you mean natural selection coupled with "random chance" formed the universe...or that naturalism rules the day and is a proper guide within the evolutionary camp, then no, a person cannot claim that and be a Christian. He must, at some point, give up one or the other.

AK,

Why do you say the first is okay? It obviously contradicts the Genesis account. I assume it may have to do with some of the scientifically "testable" aspects of establishing the age of the universe and our planet.

NOTE: As I type this, I am currently watching the Discovery Channel's, "Before We Ruled the Earth: Hunt or Be Hunted". These people throw around some of the wildest speculation of what man did before and after he discovered fire as though it were fact. They've painted a picture they like with a few of the actual puzzle peices and pass it off as science. It's insulting. They may as well make a sitcom of it because it's that laughable.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  331
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  8,713
  • Content Per Day:  1.21

AK,

Why do you say the first is okay? It obviously contradicts the Genesis account. I assume it may have to do with some of the scientifically "testable" aspects of establishing the age of the universe and our planet.

NOTE: As I type this, I am currently watching the Discovery Channel's, "Before We Ruled the Earth: Hunt or Be Hunted". These people throw around some of the wildest speculation of what man did before and after he discovered fire as though it were fact. They've painted a picture they like with a few of the actual puzzle peices and pass it off as science. It's insulting. They may as well make a sitcom of it because it's that laughable.

The first part contradicts one interpretation of Genesis, but not Genesis itself. It fits within some more legitimate interpretations of Genesis. We do not have to take Genesis 1 and 2 literally.

Guest AV1611_USER

I suppose it's possible to be a Christian and believe and evolution, but any Christian who also believes that God worked through evolution is calling Him a liar.

And God said, Let the earth bring forth grass, the herb yielding seed, and the fruit tree yielding fruit after his kind, whose seed is in itself, upon the earth: and it was so. And the earth brought forth grass, and herb yielding seed after his kind, and the tree yielding fruit, whose seed was in itself, after his kind: and God saw that it was good. (Genesis 1:11,12)

And God created great whales, and every living creature that moveth, which the waters brought forth abundantly, after their kind, and every winged fowl after his kind: and God saw that it was good. (Genesis 1:21)

And God said, Let the earth bring forth the living creature after his kind, cattle, and creeping thing, and beast of the earth after his kind: and it was so. And God made the beast of the earth after his kind, and cattle after their kind, and every thing that creepeth upon the earth after his kind: and God saw that it was good. (Genesis 1:24,25)