• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  193
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/05/1954

Why is it so hard being bossed aroud, being told what to do? Does it mean we are rebelious or not humble? Does wanting to be your own boss reflect our rebeliousness against God? Is it Okay to be displeased when your superiors at work behave like Gods, or should we be obidient? Does "carrying the cross" mean putting up with poor treatement?

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest C.D. Light
Why is it so hard being bossed aroud, being told what to do? Does it mean we are rebelious or not humble? Does wanting to be your own boss reflect our rebeliousness against God? Is it Okay to be displeased when your superiors at work behave like Gods, or should we be obidient? Does "carrying the cross" mean putting up with poor treatement?

Tatie--satan uses those around us to try to get to us and make us miserable, if possible.

Maybe you need to start using Matt 16:19 and bind the little sucker.

CD

Mat 16:19

And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.

What does it mean to bind something?

Guest C.D. Light
Mat 16:19

And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.

What does it mean to bind something?

Tatie-- To Bind something means to make it "unable to operate".

This scripture tells us that "whatever WE bind on earth, God will bind from Heaven".

In other words, WE are supposed to SAY it, and then God is the one who will DO it.

Does that clarify it a little better for you?

Every Christian should be aware of this and USE it, especially in these last days, cause satan is going to do all he can to mess with us, IF we let him.

Jesus did not leave us helpless. He gave this to us.

:thumb:

CD

In other words, WE are supposed to SAY it, and then God is the one who will DO it.

What should we say? Just pray to God about it?

Guest C.D. Light

Tatie-- No. We shake our finger in satans face and we say "Satan, I bind you and command you to stop this right now, in the name of Jesus. You are not going to do.............(name what it is) anymore!"

CD

Guest C.D. Light

Jesus said "my yoke is easy"  Matt 11:29, 30

God does not burden us down and put heavy restraints on us. When we feel this way, then we need to look elsewhere for the problem.

Serving the Lord is not a burdensome chore.

And all this "humble" stuff--well, I guess I have a personal view of that.  I believe we are to be humble before God, but I dont believe we can be humble before the enemy, or we'll get slaughtered. Thats my view.

Humble can mean several things tho; which are you referring to?

I think most people have in mind that it means lowly. I do not consider myself lowly because I am a child of the Most High.

Humble also means dont be haughty.  But it does not mean we are not to be firm, at times.

If an enemy is coming at me, humbleness will go out the door, because we would be unevenly matched, right?  

Or if someone breaks into my house and intends to rape me, do we believe God wants us to be humble?  No. In fact if I can reach my gun, I will probably shoot him.

Fact is, we're never going to be perfect while we are still here on earth.  We are never going to get it all just right. Thats why the Bible says even we born agains are "scarcely saved".

Best advice is to remain teachable and plyable in Gods hands, and let him grow us up and not dwell on "perfection".

CD

Thanks so much for explaining, this is very helpful.

I will. Thanks again.