• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  128
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,692
  • Content Per Day:  0.21
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/31/1952

Why is it so hard being bossed aroud, being told what to do? Does it mean we are rebelious or not humble? Does wanting to be your own boss reflect our rebeliousness against God? Is it Okay to be displeased when your superiors at work behave like Gods, or should we be obidient? Does "carrying the cross" mean putting up with poor treatement?

Tatie, keep in mine that you and I already have an inherit rebellious nature.  To what degree we allow it to control our life is REALLY the question.

Whether it is at work or not whoever the "power" is in a particular position try to remember GOD has allowed them (him/her) that authority.  In that sense all that you do should be done as unto our FATHER, regardless of how you feel about "who's in charge".  I say this because so many of my fellow believers forget this, including myself.  To wit:  No one is in power from the President of the USA to the supervisor at Krispy Kreme Donut shop except our LORD authorizes it.

When you begin to look at it through those "spiritual eyes", it can buffer the situation a little better.  Think also about this.....why does GOD have you under this person/organization's authority??  Sometimes HE uses your situation as such to shed some light on something about you, which needs correcting/strengthning....or just plain old removal.

Stay strong and obedient in your situations as unto the LORD.  HE will reward you for your efforts! :thumb:

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  193
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  01/05/1954

So your advise is to be obidient and never say anything no matter how cruel or dangerous the cituation is or it there a point when you try to stop a person? I am asking this because me and my son had a discussion about this thread and he remembered a verse "never resist an evil person", I said you have to defend yourself and he seemes to think you do not.

Guest C.D. Light

Tatie--If you would not mind sharing a little more detail about what exactly the situation is, it might help.  That is, unless you dont feel comfortable about doing so.

I also dont think wisdom meant that God necessarily put these individuals over you; we simply live in a world where satan is "the god of THIS world" and I believe it is he who placed them there; God just is letting man and satan have their time for now, little that may be left of it.

2 Cor 4:4

CD

I wanted to know if as Christians we are always supposed to be obidient with authority figures, and why is so hard, is it because we are rebelious by nature.

If the answer is we are supposed to obidient like Wisdom said, then I wanted to know if there a point at which we would be justify to stand up for ourselves. When I saw the different replies from CD and Wisdom, I asked for my son's opinion and was shocked to hear that he thought there was no such point, that me must not "resist an evil person" and must be obidient no matter what. When I told him that he must defend himself, he said God would defend him and if an attack was permitted, he would still have to be obidient, which made me worry and now I have to really reseach the subject before my son will let someone hurt him. Speaking like a mom.  :king:

So your advise is to be obidient and never say anything no matter how cruel or dangerous the cituation is or it there a point when you try to stop a person? I am asking this because me and my son had a discussion about this thread and he remembered a verse "never resist an evil person", I said you have to defend yourself and he seemes to think you do not.

On the contrary Tatie....

I gave you my thoughts on your thread in the first line of my post.  You agree that we have a rebellious attitude inherit within our Adamic nature.  This doesn't matter whether you're saved or not.  It is part of everyone's makeup.  The true question boils back down to how much will you and I allow it to control us?

You know as do I that common sense plays a major role in many of our decisions.  You have to defend yourself under certain situations, as well as to be smart enough to know when to walk away.  Our FATHER has given us that type of freedom in our relationship with HIM.  In everyday life there are going to be times when we are challenged for good and/or bad reasons by those "over" us.  The trick is to use common sense as it applys.  There will be times whereby you have to stand your ground....others when it is better to just walk away.  In either instance it doesn't relinquish the authority of the one in charge, unless our FATHER removes it.  And HE can whenever HE wants too.  To wit:  use common sense. :thumb:

Guest C.D. Light

Tatie--God gave us our thinking processes, and our nature to defend ourselves.  By no means are we to "roll over" for satan and allow ourselves to get hurt. We have been given plenty of means to defend ourselves in an attack of any kind, and we are not to wait for God to defend us; we are capable of doing that ourselves.

If someone is throwing a punch at you, you can either deflect it, get out of the way, or throw a punch back if you didnt duck in time. Satan will push a person as far as he can, until he get his lip bloodied.

No, your son is not to take abuse from any other human being.

Satan does not respect cowardliness; be strong and put him in his place.

Like Wisdom said; use common sense.

CD

Should I buy a book about common sense and read that instead of the bible?

Sis, we've already got one INSIDE the Bible....Book of Proverbs. :thumb:

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  62
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

No,it is never easy for any of us to be bossed around.