• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  42
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,545
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/27/1968

Judgement of works for the believer and rewardss for those that stand through the fire.

It's a good thing!

One of my favorite preachers, Perry Stone, said that someone in his family, grandmother I think, had a dream where all the believers were at the judgement and each had books of deeds.

He said one man came up with lots and lots of books, Jesus put them on the altar and touched them with a scepter and they burned, when the fire was out they had burned up. Jesus told him to go to his reward.

Then a little lady came up with only one small book, Jesus put it on the altar and when the fire was out there were beautiful stones and He took them and made a crown out of them and handed it to her.

At the end, those with crowns laid them before Jesus, those without, just didn't have anything to give.

I know it was just a dream, but it fits with the Bible account of the judgement.

The bible says some will make it, as through the fire and all of our deeds will be tested through the fire.

God forgives the believers sins, and forgets them, but He rewards us according to our deeds that were of a pure heart. He says in every house there are vessels of honor and of dishonor.

The wicked will receive a different judgement.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  331
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  8,713
  • Content Per Day:  1.21

Right, but if they aren't held against us, why the Judgement?

the judgement is for rewards. (1 Cor. 3:14)

There is only one judgment and it is not for rewards.

Hebrews 9:27 And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:

THE judgment. There is only one judgment.

Then there is a contradiction in scriptures and no longer any reason to believe the Bible.

• Topic Count:  42
  • Content Count:  1,545
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Birthday:  09/27/1968

cardcaptor,

You might want to lay the deck down and read your bible.

Christ's blood does not cover us.

:emot-pray:

Hebrews 9:27 And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:

Then there is a contradiction in scriptures and no longer any reason to believe the Bible.

:emot-pray:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,144
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Birthday:  02/18/1978

There is no contradiction. People are trying to divide judgment day into two separate judgments, one for the saints and one for the sinners, when all of the world will stand before God in judgment. Contradictions come when we choose to believe and support some scriptures and ignore others to support certain ways of thinking.

1 Peter 4:17-19 For the time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God: and if it first begin at us, what shall the end be of them that obey not the gospel of God? And if the righteous scarcely be saved, where shall the ungodly and the sinner appear? Wherefore let them that suffer according to the will of God commit the keeping of their souls to him in well doing, as unto a faithful Creator.

2 Corinthians 5:10 For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad.

The whole world will appear before the judgment seat of Christ if my name is written in the Book of Life then I will go over into heaven, but if it isn't then I will be cast into the lake of fire. This is when he divides the sheep and the goats.

I don't see how anyone's trying to divide the judgement. Just rightly stating (as you just did) that what happens at said judgement is going to be different for believers than for non.

I think many Christians fall into this "law"-like attitude towards forgiveness. Martin Luther struggled with this. He was frantic at the prospect of dying with an unconfessed sin on his spirit. As a priest, he would even awake his father confessor in the middle of the night to confess a stray thought--he spent hours in confession, trying to bring to mind each and every smallest thing that could possibly be a sin. Finally, he read Romans and the HS opened up to him the concept of grace and what it means.

my interpretation of 1 John 1:9 (If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.) is that Jesus' death for our sins has set us free from the bondage of sin. if we confess our transgressions as the HS brings them to our hearts, repent and turn aside from unrighteousness and attempt to follow His path, then the Lord is just to forgive us ALL our sins--even those that we don't know as sins or are perhaps sins of omission.

Otherwise, if you have to confession each and every committed sin or sin of omission, we are under condemnation as of the law given to Moses--a law which only serves to condemn us and under which we can never be saved.

The Lord cannot see through the blood of Jesus. It DOES cover my sins.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  82
  • Content Count:  498
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Birthday:  01/25/1949

This was something I always wondered about, and after reading another thread, I figured I'd ask about it. The Word says that if we confess our sins, He will remember them no more, or cast them as far as the east is from the west, etc. But it also says that we will stand before the Judgement Seat and give an account of our lives. Can someone reconcile these two things for me? It seems a contradiction. (I know the Word doesn't contradict itself, however at face value this seems so here.)Thanks.

dear LynD,

you and I and everybody else have been judged already and found guilty and condemmed to death in person of our very precious Lord and Saviour,THE LORD JESUS.

At Calvary,when He was crucified He took my and your and everybody else sentence to die and God's rigth wrath has been completely satisfied with the death of Jesus,the innocent one for the guilty ones.

So the moment we believe in Jesus and accept Him as LOrd and Saviour we are saved..not to be judged ever again...

The judgment seat of Christ,"THE BEMA" seat is to give or not to give rewards and to test the motives and the actions of our service to HIM ASFTER we have become christians and have started to walk with Him...so NO FEAR of future judgment if you are in Christ...

there is lot more to say but takes time and lots of verses and bible passages....

RELAX...your sins are forgiven NEVER TO BE REMEMBERED BY THE FATHER,THANKS TO>>>>>JESUS!

Shalom

I think many Christians fall into this "law"-like attitude towards forgiveness. Martin Luther struggled with this. He was frantic at the prospect of dying with an unconfessed sin on his spirit. As a priest, he would even awake his father confessor in the middle of the night to confess a stray thought--he spent hours in confession, trying to bring to mind each and every smallest thing that could possibly be a sin. Finally, he read Romans and the HS opened up to him the concept of grace and what it means.

my interpretation of 1 John 1:9 (If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.) is that Jesus' death for our sins has set us free from the bondage of sin. if we confess our transgressions as the HS brings them to our hearts, repent and turn aside from unrighteousness and attempt to follow His path, then the Lord is just to forgive us ALL our sins--even those that we don't know as sins or are perhaps sins of omission.

Otherwise, if you have to confession each and every committed sin or sin of omission, we are under condemnation as of the law given to Moses--a law which only serves to condemn us and under which we can never be saved.

The Lord cannot see through the blood of Jesus. It DOES cover my sins.

This is what I was talking about. The blood does not cover our sins that way. The blood of Christ is for the remission of sins not as a cover to hide them from sight.

So then God saying He'll place our sins as far as East is from West is a contradiction to these passages.