OopsMartin

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  146
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,308
  • Content Per Day:  0.36
  • Days Won:  0

So in debating this issue, you can only refer to one very small part of the bible such as one chapter, and it will be discouraged to look at what other scripture says about it? For example, looking at Genesis 2 and 3, you would not be allowed to refer to 1 Timothy 2:13-14? :thumbsup:

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  829
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Birthday:  07/26/1943

So in debating this issue, you can only refer to one very small part of the bible such as one chapter, and it will be discouraged to look at what other scripture says about it? For example, looking at Genesis 2 and 3, you would not be allowed to refer to 1 Timothy 2:13-14? :thumbsup:

We would be discussing the meaning of kephale as it is used in Ephesians 5. Kephale is not used in 1 Timothy 2.

We would be discussing the meaning of kephale as it is used in Ephesians 5. Kephale is not used in 1 Timothy 2.

I was giving an example. Now I know your tendency to only look at one verse and not what other scripture may say about the same thing. For a more fitting example, how about this verse? 1 Corinthians 11:3 (King James Version)

3But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God.

I was giving an example. Now I know your tendency to only look at one verse and not what other scripture may say about the same thing. For a more fitting example, how about this verse? 1 Corinthians 11:3 (King James Version)

3But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God.

I don't know if we will be able to address that one in the debate, because it is used in an entirely different way than it is used in Ephesians 5.

We could always start a regular thread about 1 Cor. 11:1-16. But of course that will take us back to Genesis and then we'll have to address Gen. 1-3. Frankly I don't think there are many here who have the energy, ability or discipline to discuss these things in an organized manner. So many want to fly all over the place and throw this and that up in the air expecting it to land correctly.

P.S. Emily, I did not say that Ephe. 5 would be the only Scriptures that we would look at, only that 1 timothy did not contain the word kephale which we would be discussing and 1 Cor. uses kephale in an entirely different way. There are other Scriptures that use kephale in the same manner as in Ephe. 5, and we will be looking at them I'm sure.

On a side note I have to say I am truly saddened by the hateful talk and extreme disrespect that fills Christian forums these days.

I don't know if we will be able to address that one in the debate, because it is used in an entirely different way than it is used in Ephesians 5.

We could always start a regular thread about 1 Cor. 11:1-16. But of course that will take us back to Genesis and then we'll have to address Gen. 1-3. Frankly I don't think there are many here who have the energy, ability or discipline to discuss these things in an organized manner. So many want to fly all over the place and throw this and that up in the air expecting it to land correctly.

P.S. Emily, I did not say that Ephe. 5 would be the only Scriptures that we would look at, only that 1 timothy did not contain the word kephale which we would be discussing and 1 Cor. uses kephale in an entirely different way. There are other Scriptures that use kephale in the same manner as in Ephe. 5, and we will be looking at them I'm sure.

On a side note I have to say I am truly saddened by the hateful talk and extreme disrespect that fills Christian forums these days.

You find something hateful about my post? :)

I'll post the verses right above each other for you.

Ephesians 5:22-33 (King James Version)

22Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as unto the Lord.

23For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the saviour of the body.

Corinthians 11:3 (King James Version)

You find something hateful about my post? :thumbsup:

23For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the saviour of the body.

what I found disingenuous was the way you started a thread with an implication that I was saying something that I hadn't said. And your point? Certainly not a plea for clarity.

I won't be discussing these verses in this thread Emily.

You find something hateful about my post? :thumbsup:

what I found disingenuous was the way you started a thread with an implication that I was saying something that I hadn't said. And your point? Certainly not a plea for clarity.

I won't be discussing these verses in this thread Emily.

Oops. you have repeatedly clung to one part of scripture refusing to look at other scripture on the same matter that others present, and you insist it is a totally different thing when actually it is not. When it comes to the issue of headship in man and women, it is necessary to see what other verses say about headship in man and woman as well.

The good thing about looking at multiple verses on an issue, is you make sure you yourself are not turning it into something else, and keeping it in line with what the rest of God's word says on that issue.

Oops. you have repeatedly clung to one part of scripture refusing to look at other scripture on the same matter that others present, and you insist it is a totally different thing when actually it is not. When it comes to the issue of headship in man and women, it is necessary to see what other verses say about headship in man and woman as well.

The good thing about looking at multiple verses on an issue, is you make sure you yourself are not turning it into something else, and keeping it in line with what the rest of God's word says on that issue.

Emily, I am so very aware of how to study and research Scripture. I

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  131
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

OopsMartin,

I thought I would have time today to get to your questions but unfortunately I ran out of time. I will try to carve out some time in the next day.

:emot-handshake:

Respectfully and with Christian love,

Cheryl

Edited by mod to remove links