IGNORED

Our unpopular government

apothanein kerdos

Agreed. My hope was that being elected to the majority would make Pelosi and Co. grow up. Instead, we keep getting complaints and more complaints...when they have the power to change things.

Actually they still have to deal with presidential vetoes.

So it's Bush's fault that people don't like the new Congress? :)

of course!? It's Bush fault that dogs have fleas, don't you know?

The problems have been explained well in the past. The terrorist networks are firmly entrenched and Iran is not going away just because cowards don't want to stand.

These islamic groups reorganize and change names more than I change my socks but we have idiots who want to focus on a name they recognize (al quaeda) as if it were a single static body we are trying to root out.

Add to that the treachery of the arab world amongst themselves and it becomes a very complicated situation. Bush explained that it was going to take time and resolve. The Dhimmicrats don't have a backbone nor the patience to persevere.

The disturbing thing to me is that they must certainly understand the stakes and yet are lying to their American people for selfish political ambition. They want to seize a political opportunity....which could cost us all basic freedom eventually.

I've been in Israel enough to know what the checkpoints are for. Nobody likes them...but they are necessary if you want to be able to go get a pizza, ride the city bus, or let your kids go outside to play

Once that genie is out of the bottle it will be too late and everyone will wish Bush had been allowed to finish the job...but it will be too late then.

America doesn't realize that we could lose a lot more than a war in Iraq.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  448
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/10/1981

So it's Bush's fault that people don't like the new Congress? :)

I was objecting to your claim that "they have the power to change things" by pointing out they have restrictions.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  331
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  8,713
  • Content Per Day:  1.21

So it's Bush's fault that people don't like the new Congress? ;)

I was objecting to your claim that "they have the power to change things" by pointing out they have restrictions.

So Congress can't override a veto? :)

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  448
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Birthday:  04/10/1981

So Congress can't override a veto? :)

The Democrats alone cannot override a veto.

• Topic Count:  73
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,663
  • Content Per Day:  0.52

The election process is a popularity contest, and sadly we all know that the ones that convince us that they care about what WE care about are the winners, however...

After they have somehow managed to survive the process and get elected, then the JOB is not a popularity contest. Do the right thing, even if you can't sell it to the people, do it anyway FOR them, even if they hate you in the end.

Some things that matter to us all....

Don't let evil bad guys kill us with terrorist attacks. Major terrorism on US soil since 9/11 ? None

Keep the economy strong to that we can prosper. Economy is moving along wonderfully.

Keep freedom alive. I am free, so are you, but if you play with the terrorists, you will not be free.

Stay vigilant. They are pressing harder than many like, so perhaps over vigilant is the charge, but I prefer it to under vigilant any day.

The people voted in the administration for the term, and if displeased, then vote for others when the term is over....

However, the underlying complaint and dissatisfaction of the masses says more about the the people than it does about administration that was elected to serve the people.

A starving child appreciates a bowl of food.

A full child appreciates some desert to top off the meal.

A spoiled child wonders why they have to wait for the desert to be served.

We want peace, so we waged war to secure the peace, but it was expensive, took a long time, people died and continue to die, and every one of us could certainly have done a better job than they did, but none of us tried to get that job, it is a horrible job in my opinion, so why not pray for God to guide our leaders and quit whining when things don't go exactly as we think they should have gone?

**********************Fiosh gives a standing ovation*************************

:24::whistling:

• Topic Count:  73
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,663
  • Content Per Day:  0.52

So Congress can't override a veto? :whistling:

Praise God for that!

:24:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  31
  • Content Count:  1,013
  • Content Per Day:  0.14

During a campaign stop in Austin, TX, Presidential candidate Ron Paul stated that the "First President Bush said the New World Order was in tune-- and that's what they were working for. The U.N. is part of that government. They're working very significantly right now for a North American Union. That's why there's a lot of people in Washington right now who don't care too much about our borders. They have a philosophical belief that national sovereignty is not important. It is also the reason I've made the strong suggestion that the U.S. need not be in the U.N. for national security.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  276
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  7,474
  • Content Per Day:  0.96
  • Birthday:  01/31/1966

About pulling out early or soon,,,,,,,,, I think we need to stay in Iraq until the mission is complete. It is better to stay and accomplish our objective now than to have to turn around and go back later. And I do think this thing is winable. If we stay on track and get the support we need, both from the government and the american people. Both are required to keep up the moral of our troops. Alot of progress is being made with the Iraqi people. They are beginning to trust the troops and help them out. It has taken time for them to build that trust. If we pull out now all that is lost and next time they may not be so willing to cooperate. Alot of good is being done in Iraq right now. Not always the story the news likes to tell.

:emot-pray:

t.

• Topic Count:  331
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  8,713
  • Content Per Day:  1.21

So Congress can't override a veto? :emot-pray:

Oh, so now it's Bush's fault AND the Republican's fault? :24:

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  1,360
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  7,866
  • Content Per Day:  1.23
  • Birthday:  04/18/1946

So Congress can't override a veto? :24:

Oh, so now it's Bush's fault AND the Republican's fault? :24:

Isn't everything?