• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  829
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/26/1943

Due to extensive disruption and discord in another thread over discussing meanings of kephale, I'm opening this thread for discussion on it's application and use in 1 Cor. 11:1-16. Since 1 Cor. 11 is a unique metaphor, it deserves it's own dedicated thread.

Please try not to overlap the other thread about Ephesians 5. well, I would consider it appropriate to repost quotes of books of research on the word just so people don't have to run between for that information.

have a go...... :thumbsup:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  331
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  8,713
  • Content Per Day:  1.21

Due to extensive disruption and discord in another thread over discussing meanings of kephale, I'm opening this thread for discussion on it's application and use in 1 Cor. 11:1-16. Since 1 Cor. 11 is a unique metaphor, it deserves it's own dedicated thread.

Please try not to overlap the other thread about Ephesians 5. well, I would consider it appropriate to repost quotes of books of research on the word just so people don't have to run between for that information.

This is pathetic. This should be put with the Ephesians 5 thread.

We're discussing the word and it's usage in scripture. If you can't do that, then don't partake in the discussion.

kephale only has one meaning and it's going to mean the same thing in both passages. You're already structuring this for an unfair discussion by creating an automatic dichotomy.

This is a sham, just like the other thread.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  829
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Birthday:  07/26/1943

This is pathetic. This should be put with the Ephesians 5 thread.

We're discussing the word and it's usage in scripture. If you can't do that, then don't partake in the discussion.

kephale only has one meaning and it's going to mean the same thing in both passages. You're already structuring this for an unfair discussion by creating an automatic dichotomy.

This is a sham, just like the other thread.

AK - no word only has one meaning ever. Kephale has a range of meanings and usages.

The reason I separated the two is because the Ephesians 5 section is very different in topic and metaphor from 1 Cor. 11. You may not see this but I do.

You do not have to discuss 1 Cor. 11. You are very free to keep your discussion of kephale to Ephesians 5. But at some point I will be doing some extensive discussion of the metaphors and usages of kephale in 1 Cor. in this thread. You do not have to participate.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  366
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,933
  • Content Per Day:  1.57
  • Days Won:  1

There is currently a thread in progress discussing this topic. I see no need for 2 or more