IGNORED

When Others Get the Credit, What Do YOU Do?

Adstar

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  128
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,692
  • Content Per Day:  0.21
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/31/1952

Are YOU christian enough to join those who give praise by letting credit come where it is due, or do you sulk by yourself "green" with envy?

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  47
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

Give credit to who it belongs to :D  Many times, folks do things that no one knows about, and those are special blessings to them.  Those are the best kind, folks smilies, and God working in their lives.

It is sad though sometimes, someone might say what about ME?  I did that, etc.  Let God have the glory, but in our humaness, it is hard at times  :king:

I have seen folks in the past, when acknowledged from someone about what they have done, to tense up like.. oh oh .. that is my reward!  Things done in secret, are rewarded openly by God.

Have a great Day!

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  331
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  5,961
  • Content Per Day:  0.76

I like to be behind the scenes you know accomplish good things but don't ever want to step into the perverbial spotlight....I get uncomfortable in crowds or if too much attention is focused on me for a long period of time...thats why I like these boards cuz I seem to be able to say what I feel in my heart without actually being in front of any of you.  You understand what I am saying don't  you all?

Don't get me wrong I am not unfriendly in person...I am always happy to meet new people and talk...but am uncomfortable accepting a pat on the back...

Am I a doormat?....maybe sometimes...

Love and Blessings to all

Angel H.

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,399
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  1

Matthew 6

1"Be careful not to do your 'acts of righteousness' before men, to be seen by them. If you do, you will have no reward from your Father in heaven.

2"So when you give to the needy, do not announce it with trumpets, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and on the streets, to be honored by men. I tell you the truth, they have received their reward in full. 3But when you give to the needy, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing, 4so that your giving may be in secret. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you.

5"And when you pray, do not be like the hypocrites, for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and on the street corners to be seen by men. I tell you the truth, they have received their reward in full. 6But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you. 7And when you pray, do not keep on babbling like pagans, for they think they will be heard because of their many words. 8Do not be like them, for your Father knows what you need before you ask him.

Do not be jealous of the public praise and blessings heaped on another. Be jealous to guard the praise and Blessings the Creator will heap on you.

All Praise The Ancient Of Days

Give credit to who it belongs to :king:

I like to be behind the scenes you know accomplish good things but don't ever want to step into the perverbial spotlight....I get uncomfortable in crowds or if too much attention is focused on me for a long period of time...thats why I like these boards cuz I seem to be able to say what I feel in my heart without actually being in front of any of you.

Very good point, Adstar.

Maintaining a graceful attitude when someone else gets praise beyond that given to you is the mark of a mature Christian man/woman.  To allow another to be lauded in your presence, without displaying or harboring jealousy, shows mature character.  And listen to this....to allow someone to be praised for something that should be attributed to YOU is really a mark of greatness.  I've personally found that few of us attain to this level of personality development.  You see, jealousy easily ferments into hatred.  You don't need a magnifying glass to see this "fermenting process" in today's world.  It's everywhere.

It's important that we as Christian keep ourselves "in check" during these moments of time.  Our LORD has both an earthly and a heavenly blessing for the Christian who can slap the other person on the back when he/she themself should be the one praised.  My thoughts?  Sulk or smile when others get the credit, it's up to YOU!