• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  252
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,859
  • Content Per Day:  0.22
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/16/1963

I wonder why people think that using one of the devils tools is a great thing to promote Jesus Christ? Has not anyone read some of the articles of "Christian" rock band members falling into worldly sins such as alcoholism, drugs, and adultry to name a few? I guess not. Go ahead and expose your children to this, but don't go crying later you don't know when things go wrong.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  316
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

Music is just neither good nor bad, it's just what you make it.  I prefer to use it to praise the Lord with.  Just because satan has taken over some of it doesn't mean we can't use it to worship our God.  Even many of those old hymns were once songs that belonged to the devil-Amazing Grace for example.  Satan  has even used the scripture to pervert the gospel-I have heard people use it to promote communism-according to your reasoning-that would mean we can no longer use it to bring people to Christ.  Take a look in your own heart-if it brings you closer to the Lord then turn it up. :king:

• Topic Count:  26
  • Content Count:  438
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Birthday:  12/07/1969

There is no Biblical backing that Christian rock is one of the devil's tool.  Besides, I have heard of some preachers that sinned, but I am not going to quit going to church because my preacher isn't perfect.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  92
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

Music is just neither good nor bad, it's just what you make it.  I prefer to use it to praise the Lord with.  Just because satan has taken over some of it doesn't mean we can't use it to worship our God.

I would tend to agree.  Can we not apply 1 Cor 8 & 10 to styles of music or other areas of difference besides meat?  As long as we are not offending others, we have freedom in Christ to enjoy it.  Clearly, it may not be for everyone, but "...why should my liberty be determined by another man's scruples?"  "So, whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God."  I find this thread interesting in that it parallels another 'gray' discussion topic that was removed a while back and the reasons presented here for/against Christian rock mirror those in the other thread.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  582
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Birthday:  04/10/1970

The beat in rock is the opposite of the heart beat.

ba da da and da da ba

As a physician I missed your point on the rock beat and the rhythm of the human heart.

• Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  396
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Birthday:  09/26/1961

I've waited months to see if that would get any attention...didn't jibe with me either.

I write Christian music, and some of it rocks. So far only one young soul has come to Christ because of the lyric in my song, but that tells me that those lyrics were INSPIRED, not MINE. Which tells me again, that it is worship. :inlove:  :thumb:

I am sure glad that my God's heart and mind are more receptive to other kinds of music than some of our friends here. Hymns bore me to tears, and alot of THEM used to be drinking songs! :king:

BTW Boblandis, usually I agree with your logic, but I respectfully disagree on this. By your logic, we shouldn't get involved in a church family either,because even Pastors fall! By your logic, we should not take a chance on involving ourselves with ANYTHING, because there is always the (sure) possibility that one might fall. But when they do, they are forgiven if they repent. Sometimes the fallen become the best evangelists, and sometimes they happen to write music they can relate to, which rocks. For Christ. I know, see? That's me. :inlove: God's gifts are many and varied, and you are not in a position to judge those gifts. :D