• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  331
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  8,713
  • Content Per Day:  1.21
  • Days Won:  0

Article

President Bush called on 15 nations Thursday to set greenhouse gas emission standards, hours after the head of his space program questioned whether global warming is really a problem.

"I have no doubt that global

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"First of all, I don't think it's within the power of human beings to assure that the climate does not change, as millions of years of history have shown," he continued. "And second of all, I guess I would ask which human beings

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.10
  • Days Won:  78

I think his opinion is as valid as the egg head scientists and the environmental wackos. I don't believe global warming is a problem. In some parts of the nation, they probably could use a little warming, as I have been in snow as recent as my last west coast trip. If global warming is such a dire thing, then I want to know why scientists haven't taken more serious the idea of scattering ash into the atmosphere? Most agree it would block out enough of the sun's rays to cool the planet. I don't support that idea because I don't believe there is a problem, and would be concerned that it would result in a man-made problem of reducing the temperature too much. I just think we are going through natural weather cycles. All of this stuff about CO2 emmisions being the cause of the so-called problem is nothing but speculation.

:whistling:

• Topic Count:  114
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,015
  • Content Per Day:  0.60
  • Days Won:  1

He is a rocket scientist, not a climatologist. Thus, this is simply his opinion. He is no more qualified in climatology as a heart doctor would be in rocket science.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  448
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Birthday:  04/10/1981

LOL. I guess it is now "arrogant" to try an implement a policy which saves lives.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  183
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,892
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Birthday:  09/07/1985

Griffin was nominated by President Bush in 2005 and appointed by a Republican congress to his position in NASA. Considering he is a Republican politician, it is a little optimistic to assume his position of global warming is completely non-political. If you wanted a more credible opinion on global warming you might want to ask everyone else at NASA, as well. Just about everyone else is singing a different tune, and they aren't all political pawns to boot.

Here's what I've seen: character assignation. Yet, no one has tried to deal with his arguments and if they are implausible or not.

Here's what I've seen: character assignation. Yet, no one has tried to deal with his arguments and if they are implausible or not.

Just look at what the majority of scientists are saying. Global warming is a big issue and Mr. Griffin is not among the immediately relevant experts on climate. I'm not a climatologist and I won't dismantle his arguments (not tonight, anyway), but climatologists have made their position of global warming clear, and Griffin is miles off the map.

Just look at what the majority of scientists are saying. Global warming is a big issue and Mr. Griffin is not among the immediately relevant experts on climate. I'm not a climatologist and I won't dismantle his arguments (not tonight, anyway), but climatologists have made their position of global warming clear, and Griffin is miles off the map.

So because a majority of climatologists say it's true, it must be true?

What about dissenters? Do you honestly think he came to this conclusion autonomously?

So because a majority of climatologists say it's true, it must be true?

Of course not. But doesn't it weigh in at all?

I guess I'm just wondering why you felt the need to contribute this site's skewed coverage of the global warming issue. I'm not saying we should immediately dismiss the minority opinion, but why accord it ALL the press? Can't we at least pretend for a moment that this site is scientifically honest?