• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  128
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,692
  • Content Per Day:  0.21
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/31/1952

You know it Shilou!  "All that other stuff" is correct  just as you put it.  We've got a lot of  junk in our lives GOD wants to clean up, but we get in the way of the cleaning process many, many times.  As angry as I use to get with others I was brought to the realization by the HOLY SPIRIT that I was JUST LIKE WHAT I DIDN'T LIKE!

And the only way it was going to be cleaned up was for me to yield MORE OF ME to ALL of HIM.  GOD would do the rest.  Christianity is not about being perfect and fault-finding.  It's more about knowing what directions to take and doing your/my best to get there.  Our FATHER doesn't want us to prove to all the cynics how wrong they are about Christianity.  For you and I there is a freedom in accepting our imperfections, and trusting HIS guidance, constantly moving forward through this life with HIM by our side.

The most incredible thing about reaching the ending of all of this is that it will be the beginning of an eternity of uninterrupted and total fulfillment.  No matter what/who we deal with in this life we don't have to be intimidated.  We are to have hope and courage knowing our individual life stories WILL HAVE a perfect ending.....and that ending will be the beginning of eternity with our FATHER!! :thumb:

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest C.D. Light
Wisdom I agree, and unfortunately for me it took a real wringing out by Yah to see it. Once the Holy Spirit fully convicted me of my own sins, it became very apparent that I had no room to judge. It would have been so much easier had I gotten it in the first place. When my walk became hard and dull I went to my knees and beg for something more and I got it. Now I totally that I of my self am capable of no good thing. It is the Holy Spirit inside which drives me to live in accordance to God's will. It was all that other stuff that was getting in the Spirit's way. Pretty much my self-will. What an eye opener.

Love in Yeshua's name

Shilou

Shilou--So THAT is exactly why God wanted you to be completely yielded and just give him your WILLINGNESS to let him have his way.  

He does that, not just to get "his way" but because it is the best thing for US.  It really isnt a battle to see who is going to "win out" as far as he's concerned.  He's just trying to tell us, hey, this is the BEST way for US.

All of us have a time in life, when we do battle with God and think he is the "enemy" but thats not really what it is, as I guess you discovered.  :thumb:

And finally, when we see that, we usually look back and laugh at ourselves, wondering how we could have ever thought that. Did you find that to be true?

Shilou, Im so proud of you; you got over that "hump".  :thumb:

CD

Very good post, CD!

Wisdom I agree, and unfortunately for me it took a real wringing out by Yah to see it. Once the Holy Spirit fully convicted me of my own sins, it became very apparent that I had no room to judge. It would have been so much easier had I gotten it in the first place. When my walk became hard and dull I went to my knees and beg for something more and I got it. Now I totally that I of my self am capable of no good thing. It is the Holy Spirit inside which drives me to live in accordance to God's will. It was all that other stuff that was getting in the Spirit's way. Pretty much my self-will. What an eye opener.

Love in Yeshua's name

Shilou

Shilou:

Are you the same poster who was on here before I left who went by "Shilo"??