Does anyone ever feel disconnected?

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  112
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

The Lord used some real big changes in me to bring about a closer relationship with him. here recently a friend of mine that was the only one that wanted to help me get a break from having four kids has stopped talking to me, because her dog bit my child and when I left to take her to the hospital, she made mention that we need to let ice sit there for a while so to stop the bleeding. I made a rash statement that if i stayed in her house any longer, i would kill the dog. Big mistake, for she loves her dog, and I reacted too harshly. It has caused her to back away, and not want the personel friendship we had. My husband can work up to 80 hours in five or sometimes 6 days, and therefore when he is here, he is either onthe puter, or asleep. Then I felt the Lord tell me to take a break from talkingwith mymother. She tries as hard as she can to find anythingto be negative, and often tries to involve me inherissues with my brother. It has caused a lot of drama, that my husband has not appreciated, so I have had to learnto cut the apron strings, and submit to my husbands request of not talkingto her. Well those were the two people I had that called me everyday, and I could have adult conversationwith. Instantaneously they were cut out of my life. I quickly realized how I had depended on other social avenues to keep me happy. I have found myself in a closer fellowship with the Lord. My prayer life has increased, and my bible reading has increased exponentially. It was in this that I have a new zeal and earnesty to seek the Lord for my husbands salvation. I am very greatful for my church though. It is the family I never had. MY pastor calls me from time to time, the body is totally devoted to bingthere for one another. If I were ever lonely someone would be there for me. the hugs are real, and the question"how are you?" is not superficial. and the presence of the Lord is only a prayer away.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic