• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  77
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  422
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/24/1985

Had an odd but meaningful dream, and I'm wondering if there are any interpreters out there? I feel like this dream has some significance to me because I have had a hard time lately, and this might be God's word to me...

I dreamt I had to participate in a sort of obstacle course...it was a twisted course though because it was an obstacle course of the mind, where the obsticals were not physical but mental. This was unknown to the participants, and the course was in the form of a busy city in ancient Japan. There were traps but they were of course different than the usual idea of a trap. I fell into one which was a small room. There was a table and two glasses, next to the table there was a bowl of water and a pitcher of water, there was also a blindfolded woman. On a whim I poured a little of the water from the pitcher into the bowl. I knew that looks were deceiving and that the woman, though blindfolded was a force to be reckoned with; if I tried to simply walk out of the trap I would fail, the woman would stop me. The woman then asked me to give her a glass of water from the pitcher and not the bowl because the water within the bowl was poison. I was suddenly relieved I didn

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  7
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

First off, I'd just like to say that I don't think i'm an interpreter of dreams, I don't claim to interpret dreams in any capacity, but I have no doubt God speaks through them, and sometimes one comes along in my sleep that I can't help trying to decipher. However, I cannot and will not put words into God's mouth-- unless I am absolutely sure, with much confirmation (and i'm never afraid to ask) that it's truly Him speaking to me, I always tell myself it's only human assumption and I might be wrong.

Anyway, I'll tell you what I thought of the two glasses on the table, the bowl and the pitcher. There were two glasses, not one, so maybe part of the test was to see if you'd pour yourself a glass first (did you feel thirsty)? This could have been a test to see if you would act selfishly (which you apparently didn't.) Also, not poisoning her was definitely the right thing to do.. but could it have also implied a test of your trust? As in, you trusted her to let you pass once you gave her the water? I don't really know this for sure, it's just coming to me as I go along...

It seems too shallow like that, to be an interpretation of any sort. Most likely, if the dream was truly from God, it's got a deeper meaning-- in the setting of ancient Japan, the size of the room, the glasses being on the table, the poison being in the bowl rather than in the pitcher, the blindfold, and most of all, your spontaneous urge to pour water from the pitcher into the bowl...

Okay, I really feel like I might be onto something. Just don't think I'm sure about any of it, because I'm not.

Perhaps the woman symbolized someone in need. Before you found out anything, you poured the water from the pitcher into the bowl. That might be important later. Since she was blindfolded, this could symbolize that she put herself completely at your mercy-- you could have poisoned her, or helped her. This seems like a dilemma, since one way she would die or at the least be incapacitated and you would be free of a potential threat. On the other hand, you could help her, which would seem a more morally acceptable thing to do-- but would risk strengthening an enemy. The two glasses could symbolize that you could have put off the decision by helping yourself first (or desperately escape the pressure of the situation by drinking the poison yourself). Now back to pouring the water into the poison-- knowing you did that, you know you might have lowered the concentration of the poison. An unwise person might have thought that by doing this, you could choose both options at the same time. But you, a wise person, knew right away that no matter what benevolent action you did to accompany the malicious action, the malicious action was still wrong. You chose not to put it off, or take the easy way out, or attempt to poison her and be kind to her at the same time-- but to directly assist the woman in need, even though it could be a trick.

Okay, this might really be crossing the line, but by looking at that, something's just coming to me... :thumbsup:

Now, if this were truly a message from God, and if He were revealing something in the future, I might think (from what i've observed), roughly, that someone who is a possible threat to you or is standing in your way (possibly a co-worker that has a position you want, or a wealthy person with you in their will) may hit hard times or bad health, and you have what it takes to help them... but since they're in your way, you might not want to help them. An opportunity might be arising for you to move away ("desperately escaping the situation,") or to do something you've been wanting to do ("helping yourself first.") Maybe then, (once again, if it's truly a message from Him), God is telling you that when the situation arises (whenever that may be)... do the right thing and help the person-- don't skip town on him/her, don't do something malicious to knock them completely down and out so you can have your way, and most of all don't think you can do something malicious but make it better by doing something "nice" (like a card or a "Sorry to hear about that..."). Do the right thing and help the person, so that you will be able to move on with your life. The obstacle course probably symbolizes your life at the moment. You said yourself you're having a hard time lately.

I am not trying to be invasive but I searched your profile for clues about you and your MSN address is in Japanese. I'm fairly interested in Japan myself and I think you are too-- per my dictionary, the word amatsu means, in a sense, "heaven," and tome is a suffix that means "remaining". Perhaps our Lord, in His wisdom, was trying to communicate with you through a setting that you were interested in, and therefore would remember more clearly. This could have been the sole importance of it being set in Japan.

Remember, however... these are only my thoughts and the results of my exploration. Although I must admit I had a strong sense of "knowing what I was talking about," I don't want to put words in God's mouth-- dreams are naturally weird like this sometimes. However, what I said is probably good advice anyway-- if something like that comes along, do the right thing and help the person. When it comes to situations like that, you've gotta remember the famous Christian clich

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  232
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

Had an odd but meaningful dream,

How do you KNOW it was meaningful? The sleeping mind is a mess !

I feel like this dream has some significance to me because I have had a hard time lately, and this might be God's word to me...

I think you had the dream BECAUSE of "having a hard time lately"; it may be simply your mind, responding to the events of the day.

Perhaps God did try to communicate with you thru a dream, I can't say for sure, but I do know that He has never done so with me. My first thought is that, like all other dreams, this one was made up by your own mind.

Perhaps you should focus on WHY you'v been having such a hard time lately. I too have been having frustrations lately and believe it's God's way of telling me that it's time to move on in my career. (I kept praying that things would get better, but then realized that MAYBE God was trying to get thru to me. I have two interviews in the next week - only because I made up my mind to look elsewhere for work.)

It's hard to say, knowing nothing about you and your life - but - Please consider what I'v said!!! :)

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  366
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,933
  • Content Per Day:  1.57
  • Days Won:  1

Moved from the General Discussion Forum to the Prophecy Forum

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  77
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  422
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Birthday:  07/24/1985

First off, I'd just like to say that I don't think i'm an interpreter of dreams, I don't claim to interpret dreams in any capacity, but I have no doubt God speaks through them, and sometimes one comes along in my sleep that I can't help trying to decipher. However, I cannot and will not put words into God's mouth-- unless I am absolutely sure, with much confirmation (and i'm never afraid to ask) that it's truly Him speaking to me, I always tell myself it's only human assumption and I might be wrong.

Anyway, I'll tell you what I thought of the two glasses on the table, the bowl and the pitcher. There were two glasses, not one, so maybe part of the test was to see if you'd pour yourself a glass first (did you feel thirsty)? This could have been a test to see if you would act selfishly (which you apparently didn't.) Also, not poisoning her was definitely the right thing to do.. but could it have also implied a test of your trust? As in, you trusted her to let you pass once you gave her the water? I don't really know this for sure, it's just coming to me as I go along...

It seems too shallow like that, to be an interpretation of any sort. Most likely, if the dream was truly from God, it's got a deeper meaning-- in the setting of ancient Japan, the size of the room, the glasses being on the table, the poison being in the bowl rather than in the pitcher, the blindfold, and most of all, your spontaneous urge to pour water from the pitcher into the bowl...

Okay, I really feel like I might be onto something. Just don't think I'm sure about any of it, because I'm not.

Perhaps the woman symbolized someone in need. Before you found out anything, you poured the water from the pitcher into the bowl. That might be important later. Since she was blindfolded, this could symbolize that she put herself completely at your mercy-- you could have poisoned her, or helped her. This seems like a dilemma, since one way she would die or at the least be incapacitated and you would be free of a potential threat. On the other hand, you could help her, which would seem a more morally acceptable thing to do-- but would risk strengthening an enemy. The two glasses could symbolize that you could have put off the decision by helping yourself first (or desperately escape the pressure of the situation by drinking the poison yourself). Now back to pouring the water into the poison-- knowing you did that, you know you might have lowered the concentration of the poison. An unwise person might have thought that by doing this, you could choose both options at the same time. But you, a wise person, knew right away that no matter what benevolent action you did to accompany the malicious action, the malicious action was still wrong. You chose not to put it off, or take the easy way out, or attempt to poison her and be kind to her at the same time-- but to directly assist the woman in need, even though it could be a trick.

Okay, this might really be crossing the line, but by looking at that, something's just coming to me... :blink:

Now, if this were truly a message from God, and if He were revealing something in the future, I might think (from what i've observed), roughly, that someone who is a possible threat to you or is standing in your way (possibly a co-worker that has a position you want, or a wealthy person with you in their will) may hit hard times or bad health, and you have what it takes to help them... but since they're in your way, you might not want to help them. An opportunity might be arising for you to move away ("desperately escaping the situation,") or to do something you've been wanting to do ("helping yourself first.") Maybe then, (once again, if it's truly a message from Him), God is telling you that when the situation arises (whenever that may be)... do the right thing and help the person-- don't skip town on him/her, don't do something malicious to knock them completely down and out so you can have your way, and most of all don't think you can do something malicious but make it better by doing something "nice" (like a card or a "Sorry to hear about that..."). Do the right thing and help the person, so that you will be able to move on with your life. The obstacle course probably symbolizes your life at the moment. You said yourself you're having a hard time lately.

I am not trying to be invasive but I searched your profile for clues about you and your MSN address is in Japanese. I'm fairly interested in Japan myself and I think you are too-- per my dictionary, the word amatsu means, in a sense, "heaven," and tome is a suffix that means "remaining". Perhaps our Lord, in His wisdom, was trying to communicate with you through a setting that you were interested in, and therefore would remember more clearly. This could have been the sole importance of it being set in Japan.

Remember, however... these are only my thoughts and the results of my exploration. Although I must admit I had a strong sense of "knowing what I was talking about," I don't want to put words in God's mouth-- dreams are naturally weird like this sometimes. However, what I said is probably good advice anyway-- if something like that comes along, do the right thing and help the person. When it comes to situations like that, you've gotta remember the famous Christian clich