4Pillars

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  57
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

I thought I made myself clear already... Again, here's the continuing question for further discussion...

Does anyone here knows who the speaker of Revelation 3:12 being quoted here AFTER the resurrection of Christ? If it is the Son, then, who is the Almighty God Father and how many are they, now?

Revelation 3

12 Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God: and I will write upon him my new name.

Also Massorite, again as I said before, while Jesus also said specifically that he will write upon us his new name (Rev. 3:12), in the continuing context of the same text does not state that it will be a new name for his God, did it? Of course not!

Now, please answer my continuing questions above specifically. Who is the Father and the Son being spoken in reference to Revelation 3:12. How many are they now?

Thanks

Edited by 4Pillars

Guest shiloh357
It is my understanding however, that Jesus is YHWH himself - the Son of the invisible God -- of whom no man (except him) hath seen at any time nor his name been reveal to anyone. I also believe that I have provided enough Scripture to support my view while my opposition here only based their traditional views on their own opinion -- with no Scriptural support

I would not say that Jesus is not YHVH. It simply does not follow that the Father isn't also YHVH.

It is my understanding however, that Jesus is YHWH himself - the Son of the invisible God -- of whom no man (except him) hath seen at any time nor his name been reveal to anyone. I also believe that I have provided enough Scripture to support my view while my opposition here only based their traditional views on their own opinion -- with no Scriptural support

I would not say that Jesus is not YHVH. It simply does not follow that the Father isn't also YHVH.

That's alright with me, since, it is only based on your own religious opinion. So, how many are they (Father & Son) based on your religious assumption?

Thanks

Edited by 4Pillars

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,973
  • Content Per Day:  0.32
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  11/13/1953

I thought I made myself clear already... Again, here's the continuing question for further discussion...

Does anyone here knows who the speaker of Revelation 3:12 being quoted here AFTER the resurrection of Christ? If it is the Son, then, who is the Almighty God Father and how many are they, now?

Revelation 3

12 Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God: and I will write upon him my new name.

Also Massorite, again as I said before, while Jesus also said specifically that he will write upon us his new name (Rev. 3:12), in the continuing context of the same text does not state that it will be a new name for his God, did it? Of course not!

Now, please answer my continuing questions above specifically. Who is the Father and the Son being spoken in reference to Revelation 3:12. How many are they now?

Thanks

Ok. In verse 16 of Chapter 22 of the book of Revelation Jesus says "I have sent my angel to testify to you these things in the churches". In this verse the word angel is used to speak of a messenger, envoy or one who is sent. he is of the heavenly spirits that wait upon God and Jesus, who are sent by them to earth to execute thier purposes. In Rev. 1:1 the wodr "angel" is also rendered angel from the Greek words, messenger or envoy. So it is the angel that Jesus sent to John to testify of things to come and to speak for Jesus as His envoy.

At this point in time God is one God with three entities, The Father, The Son and The Holy Spirit. Gen 3:22 says "Behold the man has become like one of Us". However there will be a time when God will be one being just as we are. Zechariah 14:8-9"And it shall be in that day that living waters shall go out from Jerusalem" As you know there are no living waters going out from Jerusalem today, but when the new Jerusalem comes down form God out of heaven (Rev. 21:2). Verse 9 "And the Lord (in this verse the word Lord is rendered Lord from the Hebrew word Yahweh which is the proper name for God/Jesus) shall be King over all the earth: in that day shall there be one Lord, and His name one".

I don't know which version of the Bible you are reading (probably the NIV) but here is what my bible says Rev. 3:12 "Him that overcomes will I make a pillar in the Temple of My God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of My God, and the name of the city of My God, which is new Jerusalem, which comes down out of heaven from My God: and I will write upon him MY new name".

Now I have done some research on this verse and as best as I can tell, This verse is talking about the name or names of God. This verse could be talking about two different names or it could be talking about just one name. It is my belief that this verse is talking about one name since it is talking about a time after the decent of New Jerusalem which happens after the 1000 years which will be when God will be one with one name.

Just to let you know. My research tools are the Strongs Concordance, The Thayers Greek-English Lixicon, The Brown-Driver-Briggs Hebrew-English Lixicon, The Holman Bible Dictionary and several other biblical research tools. Biblical research is a very serious subject for me.

So did I answer your questions or no?

Guest shiloh357

That's alright with me, since, it is only based on your own religious opinion. So, how many are they (Father & Son) based on your religious assumption?

Thanks

Actually it is not based on opinion of any sort. You have not demonstrated to any satisfactory degree that the Father is not YHVH. To say that He is not, is to say He is not God. God is comprised of three persons but is one God. God has ONE overarching name, YHVH. It is His redemptive name, and the primary way He interacts with man is through His redemptive attributes.

The notion that EVERY reference of YHVH is a reference to Jesus is something you have yet to prove. It would also appear from your posts that you know just enough about Hebrew to be dangerous, particularly in your use of echad.

OK, let us just cut the chase, shiloh357, and go directly to the issue...

Here

Edited by 4Pillars

The notion that EVERY reference of YHVH is a reference to Jesus is something you have yet to prove. It would also appear from your posts that you know just enough about Hebrew to be dangerous, particularly in your use of echad.

Dear shiloh357,

How do you understand the use of "ECHAD" as a

Edited by 4Pillars

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  164
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

The most notable name that I have seen given to the Father is the Ancient of Days. I believe the Name is used in the prophets. Just my 0.02$ :)

Guest shiloh357

Dear shiloh357,

How do you understand the use of "ECHAD" as a