Marnie

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  811
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  7,338
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2

I'm posting this here, but if a mod feels like they need to move it, go ahead; I didn't really know where it should go.

Most people here know I have CDH, Chronic Daily Headaches, as well as chronic migraines. I know a number of others here at Worthy also suffer from constant headache pain.

Shortly before we left NV to come to VA, I went and had Botox injections in my forehead as treatment for the head pain. I can report that after a few weeks, the incidents of migraine have completely vanished. I am usually good for one or two severe migraines a week. I have had NO migraines since the Botox injections. I am a bit disappointed, though, that the injections didn't seem to do much, if anything, for the regular headaches. My doctor informed me that most people get the injections for migraines and that the results for everyday headaches were less than impressive. It's not a cure for migraine pain, but it sure is an effective treatment. The only thing that worked for me till now were narcotics. As much as I hate needles, the Botox has had no side effects, unlike the narcotics which have a lot of side effects.

I don't have insurance, so I paid for the treatments out-of-pocket, but I believe that some insurance companies will cover the cost of the Botox injections if they are for therapeutic purposes. If you suffer from chronic head pain, you have to investigate this! It's a godsend for migraine sufferers.

Sites of interest:

Botox for Head Pain

Headache relief

Not just for faces

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  25
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  745
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/27/1976

Hmmm, I get migraines often (usually they are the worst in the spring (late february-early june)) I never heard of botox for migraines, I will look into it. I have some severe sensetivities to narcotics (vertigo, vomiting) so I usually don't take them, I just endure the migraines until it's gone. My doctor has been trying BCP and that has seemed to help quite a bit with the frequency of the migraines, but I will have to investigate the botox. Thanks for posting that!!

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  811
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  7,338
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2

My doctor has been trying BCP and that has seemed to help quite a bit with the frequency of the migraines, but I will have to investigate the botox. Thanks for posting that!!

BCP=birth control pills? My doctor tried that to no avail. Please look into Botox. I was very skeptical about this and even made jokes about it, but I'll be darned if it didn't work. It's just amazing. I am most definitely a believer now.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  25
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  745
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/27/1976

My doctor has been trying BCP and that has seemed to help quite a bit with the frequency of the migraines, but I will have to investigate the botox. Thanks for posting that!!

BCP=birth control pills? My doctor tried that to no avail. Please look into Botox. I was very skeptical about this and even made jokes about it, but I'll be darned if it didn't work. It's just amazing. I am most definitely a believer now.

Yeah, birth control pills. A pretty high dose of estrogen, they aren't the low dose ones that are commonly used as actual birth control (I can't have any more kids, so I don't need birth control, per se) I will definately look into it! I hate taking pills! (mostly because I forget all the time, lol! I'm horrible at routine! :thumbsup: )