• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  138
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/14/1980

I just wanted to let you all know that John Kerry Voted for this and he supports it.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  512
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  8,601
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/04/1973

Homosexuality IS hurting someone-the homosexual. Being locked in a tortuous bondage in a "relationship" that even nature itself shows is not natural. Most homosexuals are not monogamous which helps increase the spread of AIDS and other STD's. Why have marriage if you can't stay with one person anyway?

Ronald - I see your point and you shouldn't marry if you don't intend on making it a life long commitment. You're also right in saying many homosexuals engage in multiple relationships. However, heterosexuals do as well. Between 35% - 50% of all marriages (currently only between men and women) end in divorce, so apparently heterosexuals also struggle with monogamy. Furthmore, how many people do you know who have never dated more then their current spouse? Most of my friends, people 16-21 on average but some older people too have had at least 5 serious dating relationships, some of which have included sexual relationships. These are straight, heterosexual teens. Just look in the hallways of high schools where dating couples make out and kiss. Most relationships last several weeks or months, occasionally a year or two. Surely homosexual relationships aren't any less committed or long term then that. Look at the huge number of singles bars where people "hook up" for "one night stands". Most engaging in that behavior, which is encouraged in magazines like Cosmopolitan, are heterosexual.

Of course if the homosexual in question is trapped in an unhappy relationship, is guilty or uncomfortable with the situation or decides at some point that they want to quit then they should leave. However, if someone is in a close, loving relationship where they and their partner are both happy then I don't see that as hurting. Most homosexuals would be appalled at the suggestion that their romantic relationship is bondage. To them it is fulfilling, enjoyable and precious, just like a heterosexual dating relationship may feel that way to heterosexual participants. Just because we see certain behavior as wrong doesn't mean participants do. For that reason I don't condone legislating relationships. I certainly wouldn't want the government to say that my relationship is unsuitable just because someone else doesn't like it. I think it's a matter of personal choice, provided the relationship exists between two consenting adults.

LadyC - You're right to mention the spread of AIDS to the heterosexual community. I think promiscuity and lack of self-respect are huge problems. I hate to see my female friends giving into pressure because they feel abstainence is somehow abnormal, or that they will be prudes if they stay chaste. The last statistics I heard on Talk of the Nation (radio program) said that AIDS is increasing among the elderly and among heterosexual teens. A lot of people are still under the notion that if they are not homosexual they cannot get aids, which is of course false. I have no clue if the rates are higher for homosexuals but I do know aids awareness is much higher in the homosexual community. Those friends of mine who are gay have been made aware of the risk and either take steps to reduce it or have gotten into abstinence programs. Heterosexuals need to be informed of their risk as well. No sex is 100% safe.

Side note - I learned in my political science class tonight (I take evening classes at a community college :rolleyes: ) that Massachusetts has indeed passed the law making homosexual marriage legal. They are the first state to do so. Vermont had civil unions, but Mass. felt civil unions were not enough and did not provide full benefits. Apparently stating May 2005 gays couples can be wed in Mass.

I just wanted to let you all know that John Kerry Voted for this and he supports it.

and also voted against the ban on partial birth abortions.

john kerry will never have my support.

LadyC - You're right to mention the spread of AIDS to the heterosexual community. I think promiscuity and lack of self-respect are huge problems. I hate to see my female friends giving into pressure because they feel abstainence is somehow abnormal, or that they will be prudes if they stay chaste. The last statistics I heard on Talk of the Nation (radio program) said that AIDS is increasing among the elderly and among heterosexual teens. A lot of people are still under the notion that if they are not homosexual they cannot get aids, which is of course false. I have no clue if the rates are higher for homosexuals but I do know aids awareness is much higher in the homosexual community. Those friends of mine who are gay have been made aware of the risk and either take steps to reduce it or have gotten into abstinence programs. Heterosexuals need to be informed of their risk as well. No sex is 100% safe.

Side note - I learned in my political science class tonight (I take evening classes at a community college :rolleyes: ) that Massachusetts has indeed passed the law making homosexual marriage legal. They are the first state to do so. Vermont had civil unions, but Mass. felt civil unions were not enough and did not provide full benefits. Apparently stating May 2005 gays couples can be wed in Mass.

heterosexual teens.... who face daily peer pressure to experiment with members of the same sex, and who are labeled as homophobics or gay-bashers if they do not succomb to such pressure. bi-sexuality is a current "trend", so it's only natural that heterosexuals are going to be affected by a disease that primarily targets homosexuals... because if they haven't experimented with the same sex, chances are, their partners have.

and this "trend" is not only going on in vegas. before moving here, that trend was very prevalent in our small hometown outside of dallas. i have friends all over the united states and canada who have told me their children also face extreme peer pressure in their own schools.

this is not a victimless crime. and if gay marriages are legalized, and therfore the lifestyle is "legitimized", the phenomenon will only get worse.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  290
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/23/1967

I believe that the point is being missed here. This whole argument is about changing the definition of Marriage to include homosexuals so that they can have the same rights as the male/female marriage and then redefine them. There is a real problem with this because their entire agenda is to destroy the sanctity of marriage, to make it NULL AND VOID! It will eventually affect our tax credits. I agree it is the choice of the individual as to how they live because we can choose to live in sin, but if this land has laws that govern it and many of the original laws of this land were based upon the biblical laws, why should we not fight for the biblical definition of a Marriage, which by the way currently reads that Marriage is between a Man and a Woman. So yes there is a victim here and it is the heterosexual marriage covenent designed by God. You see, these people can get married it just wont be recognized by the government and the majority of its people. As for Mass. that verdict will soon be under appeal...check out this thread concerning the Marriage Amendment in the federal courts and what we can do to support it.

I have taken a quote from a Focus on the Family interview:

Q. You mentioned lies. Isn't one of the lies that homosexuals really want marriage?

A. That's one of the biggest lies. Actually, what they have said at conferences

wonderful post hvnly1rose. i totally agree with the love the sinner, but don't support the sin... if we support the sin, then we are spitting in the face of God.

it will also, by the way, affect our insurance rates in a drastic and destructive way.

LadyC I am uncertain of where you live but I have never been pressured to have sex or partake in a lesbian relationship. I do have gay friends, even gay female friends and none of them have suggested anything appropriate. I don't think someone who refuses to live a gay lifestyle is branded "homophobic", that name is usually only used when someone reacts violently to homosexuality or refuses to look beyond the single issue and acknowledge the humanity of gay individuals. Yes, bisexuality is somewhat of a trend - just as getting drunk is a trend. It's popular because it's forbidden, unusual, exotic. I really believe that if people just quit focusing on it the interest would die down quite a bit. I am a teen, I do know what I face. I've been pressured, even threatened, when I refused to have sex with boys but I have never been harrassed in a similar manner by lesbians. My friends who are gay in fact have been pressured into dating someone of the same sex to avoid getting beaten up in school. The problem is not that gay couples exist, it is that promiscuity is considered the norm. If that was reduced, diseases would be reduced.

LadyC I am uncertain of where you live but I have never been pressured to have sex or partake in a lesbian relationship. I do have gay friends, even gay female friends and none of them have suggested anything appropriate. I don't think someone who refuses to live a gay lifestyle is branded "homophobic", that name is usually only used when someone reacts violently to homosexuality or refuses to look beyond the single issue and acknowledge the humanity of gay individuals. Yes, bisexuality is somewhat of a trend - just as getting drunk is a trend. It's popular because it's forbidden, unusual, exotic. I really believe that if people just quit focusing on it the interest would die down quite a bit. I am a teen, I do know what I face. I've been pressured, even threatened, when I refused to have sex with boys but I have never been harrassed in a similar manner by lesbians. My friends who are gay in fact have been pressured into dating someone of the same sex to avoid getting beaten up in school. The problem is not that gay couples exist, it is that promiscuity is considered the norm. If that was reduced, diseases would be reduced.

i'm not sure where you live either, but i'm very glad you haven't faced bi-sexual pressure. that does not, however, negate the fact that it is happening in schools across this nation. i've heard it from teens, i've heard it from parents, that i know personally and that i know virtually thru the internet. it is a very real problem faced by teens everywhere.

perhaps part of the reason you have not been pressured is because you stand strong on the issue of abstinance. and i commend you for that stand. i wish more teens would say no to sex.