• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  9
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

Can you please advise me on this

Psalm 66v18 NLT = If i had not confessed the sin in my heart the Lord would not have listened

Isaiah 59v2 = Its your sins that have cut you off from God, because of your sins he has turned away and will not listen anymore.

Im living with a partner, not married, I dont go to church anymore just read my bible and go to bible classes. I know that if I dont repent my sins (move out or get married) I will go to hell as I am deliberately sinning. I know exactly what I have to do but its hard to make that choice (Romans 7v14). Romans 7v24 describes how I feel about this situation.

I pray to God for help in this situation but after coming across those verses in the bible I dont know if he listening to me????? :noidea:

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  232
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  7,261
  • Content Per Day:  0.96
  • Birthday:  12/19/1959

Lotti,

It sounds like to me that you're under conviction of the Holy Spirit. Maybe you should be asking yourself, "Am I listening to God"? :noidea:

We did a study on this sometime ago and I thought I'd post the link here for you.

"Is GOD really listening to me?", Effective Prayer

thanks WayneB, is shall read it up this wk, I will print it off at work and study it during the week.

thanks

Lotti

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  207
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

Psalm 66v18 NLT = If i had not confessed the sin in my heart the Lord would not have listened

Isaiah 59v2 = Its your sins that have cut you off from God, because of your sins he has turned away and will not listen anymore.

Im living with a partner, not married, I dont go to church anymore just read my bible and go to bible classes. I know that if I dont repent my sins (move out or get married) I will go to hell as I am deliberately sinning. I know exactly what I have to do but its hard to make that choice (Romans 7v14). Romans 7v24 describes how I feel about this situation.

I pray to God for help in this situation but after coming across those verses in the bible I dont know if he listening to me????? :thumbsup:

If you are truly in love then getting married would solve the problem... I know that's a huge decision and i'm not trying to trivialize the situation but it would certainly solve

the problem (you'd no longer be sinning)... Guess i'm not the best at advice here and really it's all up to Jesus since he knows perfectly your situation and what you should

do. It is hard to give advice on such a serious matter since only God can judge the heart and I can't. This is tough.

thanks Zoe-girl, will do

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Content Count:  214
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  09/01/1963

lotti, the LORD listens to all prayers and HE will answer them in HIS time not in ours i will pray with you and for you..........oak :)

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  113
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,430
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  06/28/1952

I pray to God for help in this situation but after coming across those verses in the bible I dont know if he listening to me????? :)

Cajunboy::::Sweetheart, I don't know if the problem is so much that "is God listening to YOU , as much as , "are YOU listening to HIM?? Remember, HE was here first and HE set HIS commands forth lonnnnnnnng before you made your decision to move in with the one you say you love.....RIGHT?? I wouldn't sit back on this decision and wait for life to give you an answer......You may not like the results!

Be Blessed

Cajunboy