• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  9
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/30/1989

Hi everyone,

For a little while now I've realized that I'm struggling with legalism. I know, intellectually, about what Jesus Christ did for me and that I can do nothing on my own to save myself, but it's God's grace that saves me; however, I don't know if I really believe the Christian faith. My basic problem is that I just cannot let go of things, and I think that the good things I do, i.e. kindness, etc., come from my trying to please God, not because I have the Holy Spirit and am seeing His fruits. I'm trying to figure out who I am and what the Christian faith really is. I know about God, but I don't know Him personally, I'm not experiencing Him. From these problems have stemmed self-esteem issues as well. I need help.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  297
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  5,586
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  1

I'm trying to figure out who I am and what the Christian faith really is. I know about God, but I don't know Him personally, I'm not experiencing Him.

Dear lifeQuest,

You can only come to know God if you spend time getting to know Him each and every day, through His Word. That is why He sent His Word. The Word became flesh(Jesus) so that we might see His Truth and Light. To believe in Jesus is also to believe in God's Word, and you cannot begin to do that, if you don't even know what It says.

God will help you to understand, you must ASK Him.

Ask

Seek

Knock

Matthew 7

"Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.

In His Love,

Suzanne

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  24
  • Content Count:  3,292
  • Content Per Day:  0.52

Hi everyone,

For a little while now I've realized that I'm struggling with legalism. I know, intellectually, about what Jesus Christ did for me and that I can do nothing on my own to save myself, but it's God's grace that saves me; however, I don't know if I really believe the Christian faith. My basic problem is that I just cannot let go of things, and I think that the good things I do, i.e. kindness, etc., come from my trying to please God, not because I have the Holy Spirit and am seeing His fruits. I'm trying to figure out who I am and what the Christian faith really is. I know about God, but I don't know Him personally, I'm not experiencing Him. From these problems have stemmed self-esteem issues as well. I need help.

What exactly are you struggling with in legalism? It almost sounds like you are trying to find some kind of emotional high, but I don't wanna assume anything. Many people think that they are not 'experiencing' God if they aren't "feeling" something and thats not necessarily true. I definitely think that could have an effect on your 'self-esteem' too...however, I'd like to point out that your 'self-esteem' isn't the catalyst either.

Make prayer a part of your daily routine..and as the other guy said...Seek after the things of God.

Matt 6:33 Seek ye first the kingdom of God, and His righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  166
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  03/08/1950

i agree. every day, read the BIBLE and pray. HE is always listening. i pray LORD that YOU would minister to this person, in JESUS name, amen.