WorthyNewsBot

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  114
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,015
  • Content Per Day:  0.59
  • Days Won:  1

forrest, believe it or not, I agree with alot of what you just said, but that still doesn't change the facts of what I just said either. 44k a year isn't chump change, and I live, work and am friends with mostly people in that income bracket and YES they do have all of those things I mentioned. They are almost all living way above their means, one bad thing and their house of cards is gonna fold up on them. All of us and our government need to learn to live and operate within our monetary means.

But I notice you still keep ignoring the "illegal alien" part to any thing anybody has posted. STOP paying anything for them and there is some extra money to pay for insurance for American children, familys & seniors that need it.

I don't disagree with you. However, I will say that raising a family on 44k a year in most cities with the cost of living being what it is would be very difficult.

Well that would explain my sometimes 2 or 3 jobs! :noidea:

Years ago I usually had 2 jobs as well, and our mama always had 2 and three jobs. :24:

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  179
  • Content Count:  3,941
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/08/1964

No child in this country goes without health care except by choice of their parents.

When my child was very ill, we got him to the emergency room and he got care. We worried about the cost AFTER he got better.

You dont have to have insurance to get hospital care.

No child in this country goes without health care except by choice of their parents.

When my child was very ill, we got him to the emergency room and he got care. We worried about the cost AFTER he got better.

You dont have to have insurance to get hospital care.

Right, you don't have to have insurance to get emergency care. You can simply go to the hospital and get saddled with a huge bill, or not pay it, and the cost gets passed on to everyone else with insurance. What a great system. :24:

The problem is that you don't any substantive preventative care. For example, your kid can have a heart defect, but because they get little preventative care, you don't know they have it until they end up in cardiac arrest at a track meet. At that point, they can go to the hospital and get treated. Similarly, your kid could be covered in unexplained bruises, after it doesn't seem to improve, and they start feeling terrible, you carry them to the emergency room for treatment. At that point, it is determined they have leukemia. They will treat them, and if you are lucky enough to get into Saint Jude, and can afford to relocate to Memphis while your child is getting treatment, then they can be treated there. Of course, the problem is that by the point they actually went to the emergency room, they are ate up with cancer. Had they had health coverage, and gotten regular preventive care, the cancer may well have been detected much sooner, and as a result their prognosis would be much better.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  1,360
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  7,866
  • Content Per Day:  1.23
  • Birthday:  04/18/1946

What poison pills are in this bill that we don't know about?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,263
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Birthday:  02/17/1961

We don't live under a dictatorship. No one is getting their money taken by force.

Want to bet! Try not paying your taxes. the irs will be along shortly to sieze your assets and they will be armed with military weapons to take your property.

That is force and they will kill you if you resist.

If the majority of the people disagree with SCHIP, then all they have to do is elect representatives that would overturn it. It is as simple as that. As a society, we make moral decisions about what kind of a society we are going to have. The people's elected congress, has put forth a bi-partisan extension of the SCHIPS program because as a society, we consider healthcare coverage for children to be a moral issue.

what child doesn't get healthcare? sorry to disappoint you but if a child gets sick or a adult gets sick, they go to the emergency room and get treated whether they have money or haven't got a dime.

Why does anyone have to pay for someone elses kids medical needs by force? Isn't that the kids parents responsibility? IF they don't have enough money get a second job, or send mamma out to work.

i worked my BUTT off for 20 years to raise my kids and had no help whatsoever from anyone, putting in 16 hour days and in some cases 20 hour days to provide. i didn't need government to take care of my kids and i wasn't lucky enough to have mamma in the house to help. She took off and left the 6 kids with me.

personal responsibilty folks. if you can't take care of em, don't have em. Its as simple as that!

The majority of Americans disagree with you, and consider this to be a moral issue:

A majority of Americans say the federal government should guarantee health insurance to every American, especially children, and are willing to pay higher taxes to do it, according to the latest New York Times/CBS News poll.

No they don' think it is a moral issue, they have the mentality that says their entitled to it! No one is entitled to steal money out of the pockets of hard workers who have a hard enough time providing medical care for their own kids.

These individuals have no problem stealing out of the producers pockets and redistributing the wealth.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  135
  • Content Count:  7,537
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/29/1956

The majority of Americans disagree with you, and consider this to be a moral issue:

A majority of Americans say the federal government should guarantee health insurance to every American, especially children, and are willing to pay higher taxes to do it, according to the latest New York Times/CBS News poll.

No they don' think it is a moral issue, they have the mentality that says their entitled to it! No one is entitled to steal money out of the pockets of hard workers who have a hard enough time providing medical care for their own kids.

These individuals have no problem stealing out of the producers pockets and redistributing the wealth.

:noidea:

Hey Eliyahuw..................where ya been????

Yeah, you would probably have over 90% in favor of it. People are not stupid, if you read the entire poll, a majority of Americans supported universal coverage even if it included a tax increase.

OBVIOUSLY they are Stupid if they would even consider giving the government control over 1/3 of the GDP of this country!!!!!!

When has the government ever done anything right.

National healthcare!!???? ROTFL yeah right. Just take a look at how medicare is run. Or go take a look at Englands health care, or canadas health care. You have to be on a waiting list to get health care and your quality of care quite frankly your better off by going to a witchdoctor than you are going to government owned healthcare.

Free market health care works and works very well. Look at walmarts newest venture. They are putting a medical center in their stores where you can go and get treated for under 100 bucks. There are a bunch of new chains coming out with that kind of health care where its all of the services are listed on a menu with prices beside them and their reasonable.

What poison pills are in this bill that we don't know about?

It's a bi-partisan bill. Its supporters include Charles Grassley and Orin Hatch.

Yeah, you would probably have over 90% in favor of it. People are not stupid, if you read the entire poll, a majority of Americans supported universal coverage even if it included a tax increase.

OBVIOUSLY they are Stupid if they would even consider giving the government control over 1/3 of the GDP of this country!!!!!!

When has the government ever done anything right.

National healthcare!!???? ROTFL yeah right. Just take a look at how medicare is run. Or go take a look at Englands health care, or canadas health care. You have to be on a waiting list to get health care and your quality of care quite frankly your better off by going to a witchdoctor than you are going to government owned healthcare.

Free market health care works and works very well. Look at walmarts newest venture. They are putting a medical center in their stores where you can go and get treated for under 100 bucks. There are a bunch of new chains coming out with that kind of health care where its all of the services are listed on a menu with prices beside them and their reasonable.

Medicare is the only health insurance program in the United States with greater than a 50% satisfaction rate. Moreover, Medicare has a 3% overhead compared to the 15% overhead for the private sector.

I might add, that our healthcare system in terms of performance ranks 37th in the industrialized world. This is despite the fact that we spend 40% more of our GDP on healthcare than any other nation on earth. Moreover, by every statical measure, despite the problems in their systems, Canadians and those in the U.K, get better healthcare than we do. In fact, the life expectancy and infant mortality rates are lower in both nations than they are here.