Observer of dreams

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  109
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

For all of God's creatures have a purpose. Even is their purpose is to assure the firmament of His true people.

Everlasting

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  39
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  314
  • Content Per Day:  0.05

we obviously don't know what's going on. Think about it someone here even said quote "God put Judaism here, then he put Jesus here later to straighten things out." That means God was flawed by putting Judaism there and later corrected his mistake.

OBVIOUSLY THIS IS A FALSE STATEMENT. I was pointing out with this statement that, while mans intentions are good, the outcomes can be bad. God made no mistakes in putting Judaism here. he must have known what would happen. There is no need for corrections there.

My point is that Judaism is in the same boat as paganism. They both have a piece to the puzzle I did not say that Paganism is the religion to follow I am saying that man and God have a relationship where man tries to figure God out. Though I believe that this is an impossibility due to Gods infinitude, I believe that God comes to man and man will interpret, as is his nature, God as he appears to the culture in which he shows himself. Wiccan believe in the god and Goddess. What they are saying is they believe that one God is balanced by both male and female. They personify him/her as the god and goddess or lord and lady. "If it harm none, do as ye will" is the wiccan rede, but this statement, when taken out of context, is just as bad as taking the word of God out of context and twisting it around the way some atheists do. I am not saying that taking the wiccan rede out of context amounts to blasphemy, I am just referring to my own beliefs that anything taken out of context is bad.

I believe Jesus is the way and the truth. I also believe that his will is to find wisdom wherever it is. Obviously there is something special about sinners. Their wayward behavior makes them stronger when they come to the faith of Jesus. There is something about their experience that creates wisdom when faced with the reality of truth. It is only the ones who have turned their back on God and Jesus all together that seem to be utterly closed off to any concept of truth. They press forward only with their predictable ego that they feel they must defend at every turn. Their ego is their life for them and letting go of it means certain death. Their ego is perishable, unlike God. To give everything to God means that we have no self importance, no self absorption. Because we are absorbed in the light and love of God. This gives us an advantage over the atheist. This is just my two cents on this.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.09
  • Days Won:  78

The thing about it is we have Christ who is the complete puzzle. We dont have religion, we HAVE CHRIST.

:whistling:

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  39
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  314
  • Content Per Day:  0.05

I guess I am just confused. Hindus believe in love and kindness, yet they are going to Hell for devil worship? I'm am honestly scratching my head bald over this. I can understand it when it comes to atheists because when I hear them speak there is a lot of hate in their voice, but how can someone that is not living the life of Christ go to hell even though he is following the same practices that Jesus teaches? Does God not tolerate ignorance? I mean he made us this way. Nothing is accidental with God. They didn't turn their back on him, they just don't know who he is. I mean this in all sincerity please help me in my confusion.

• 3 weeks later...

If only that were true :wub:

Google Pascal Boyer. I would link you to his page but doubtless it'll be pulled for being "anti-Christ". Far be it from anyone to allow such things on apologetics forums - to suggest that the Christians frequenting this board have the ability to think critically and judge secular sources without them being censored for the good of the flock. :emot-hug:

Why would Christians WANT to read anti-Christian views? Anything that disavows God is abhorrent to a true Christian. But, in the event that any do want to consider such things, no one at WB is stopping them. :wub:

Why would Christians WANT to read anti-Christian views? Anything that disavows God is abhorrent to a true Christian. But, in the event that any do want to consider such things, no one at WB is stopping them. :P

Maybe a PERSON would want to read someone else's views to gain a better understanding of other people. I don't think that christians can do a good job evangelizing to others if they don't have a clue what others are thinking intellectually. It's often because of the tactic you used above that some christians don't want to learn. They don't want to be seen as less christian. It's NEVER a bad idea to learn. If you only listen to other christians, never to non-christians, you are being closed-minded. It's the equivalent of sticking your head in the sand or sticking your fingers in your ears and going, "la la la la la la."

I guess you missed the fact that posters here at Worthy read and discuss YOUR views all the time, disEnchanted; along with quite a few others I, along with many other Christians, study nonbelievers and their views more than you know. It's true, learning is a good thing, so when are you going to start? In making these assumptions YOU are being close minded. I, for one, don't spend any time with my fingers in my ears; I KNOW what you are about. :cool:

I KNOW what you are about. :huh:

Good example of the double standard on this board - such statements from the atheists among us would be met with accusations of hostility and thread lockdowns.

I DO know what she's about; she said it...she's an atheist. How is it a double standard to call a spade a spade? Why are you guys oh so sensitive about your nonbeliefs yet you have no problem telling Christians their God doesn't exist? Why do you not like to see the truth spelled out? You're atheists...you don't believe in a Supreme Being...you don't like to hear 'faith' speech anywhere...okay, everyone knows that about you so why are you offended by my saying I know what disEnchanted is about? It is what it is, FQ. :huh:

Because you assume that atheists are simply in denial about the "overwhelming evidence" for creation and the existence of Yahweh.

I will guess that the above is a response to my post. I don't assume that about you or any other atheist. The evidence won't make any difference to you, or convince you of anything, if your heart is closed to it; it simply doesn't make sense to you. I know that and I wish you guys could see the Truth. I don't condemn anyone for being a nonbeliever; I pray for you to come to the Lord one day. :whistling:

Because you assume that atheists are simply in denial about the "overwhelming evidence" for creation and the existence of Yahweh.

I will guess that the above is a response to my post. I don't assume that about you or any other atheist. The evidence won't make any difference to you, or convince you of anything, if your heart is closed to it; it simply doesn't make sense to you. I know that and I wish you guys could see the Truth. I don't condemn anyone for being a nonbeliever; I pray for you to come to the Lord one day. :thumbsup:

And we gracefully return to the same question - where is your evidence to justify your positive belief?

You're confused, FQ. Believers will never have to justify belief in Him. Those that reject Him will be the ones called upon for answers. :)

You're confused, FQ. Believers will never have to justify belief in Him. Those that reject Him will be the ones called upon for answers. :huh:

That presupposes the theists are right. Atheists do not accept the faith of the theists due to insufficient evidence. We do not need to go into the logistics of the burden of proof, I assume you understand my point.

Absolutely! :noidea: