• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  58
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  628
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/09/1985

During the Time of Jesus' earthly ministry, there were no such people as christians, so there was nothing stopping demons from attacking anybody and the same with His disciples. Now, christians who are genuinely saved have the in-dwelling holy spirit, who would never share God's temple (your body in case of christians) with demons, so it figures, to me at least, if you are being troubled with demons, you can't have the in-dwelling holy spirit. A genuine born again christian can only have one or the other, because demons cannot frequent God's holy temple. Not to mention the covering of the blood of the Lamb.

They might try, but the gates of hell cannot prevail against Christ's church.....IMHO.

I've found though that if Christians are living in sin, that it does cause a "foothold" for the enemy to get his claws in, as it were, because essentially, the sin is causing some separation from God.

That's what I am more or less talking about Luke. There is deliberately living in sin, in which case, the person doing it is not a christian, or stumbling inadvertantly, which can be forgiven, with repentance and prayer. To stay within the bounds of the protection of God's forgiveness, we have to be obedient to God and keep focused on God and His word. We all stumble under the heavy load of the cross, but we must be on our guard and when the temptation starts to arise, it's not the demons that are attacking you, it's you who are exposing yourself and stepping away from your covering. Christ has given us the victory and the power over the enemy and it is up to us to use that power.

You must abide in God's word every day and be quick to know when you have erred and do something yourself to get yourself right again with the Lord.

That's my take on it my brother,. attack the enemy with the sword of the spirit.

in Him,

eric.

I agree! :ph34r:

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,858
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Birthday:  05/23/1957

During the Time of Jesus' earthly ministry, there were no such people as christians, so there was nothing stopping demons from attacking anybody and the same with His disciples. Now, christians who are genuinely saved have the in-dwelling holy spirit, who would never share God's temple (your body in case of christians) with demons, so it figures, to me at least, if you are being troubled with demons, you can't have the in-dwelling holy spirit. A genuine born again christian can only have one or the other, because demons cannot frequent God's holy temple. Not to mention the covering of the blood of the Lamb.

They might try, but the gates of hell cannot prevail against Christ's church.....IMHO.

I've found though that if Christians are living in sin, that it does cause a "foothold" for the enemy to get his claws in, as it were, because essentially, the sin is causing some separation from God.

That's what I am more or less talking about Luke. There is deliberately living in sin, in which case, the person doing it is not a christian, or stumbling inadvertantly, which can be forgiven, with repentance and prayer. To stay within the bounds of the protection of God's forgiveness, we have to be obedient to God and keep focused on God and His word. We all stumble under the heavy load of the cross, but we must be on our guard and when the temptation starts to arise, it's not the demons that are attacking you, it's you who are exposing yourself and stepping away from your covering. Christ has given us the victory and the power over the enemy and it is up to us to use that power.

You must abide in God's word every day and be quick to know when you have erred and do something yourself to get yourself right again with the Lord.

That's my take on it my brother,. attack the enemy with the sword of the spirit.

in Him,

eric.

I agree! :emot-handshake:

Oh ..my! i disagree and agree, and agree to disagree.what were people called who belive in adonai, the triunity of one God. Was not Christ there? Being a Israelite by birth cannot be changed..if your jewish that is what your lineage is. Believing in the words spoken by God the Father inthe old testament to be made them christian. And the nonhebrew christian has opportunity to be grafted in. The Holy Spirit ( Ruach) was indwelling saints in the old,I cannot say The Holy Spirit resided in the same way though.

David cries out to the Lord in Psalm 51:10 Create in me a clean heart, O' God

And renew a steadfast spirit within me

11 Do not cast me away from thy prescence

And do not take thy Holy Spirit from me.

Any truth from God that is revealed is illuminated by the Holy Spirit. Scripture is constantly regenerative if we allow it to be.. whenI did a bible study on regeneration it was many years ago. I do remember that the word used in the greek for regeneration of the soul meant a continuing action, this was in line with paul talking about us working out our salvation. It also meant to return to originality. I at the time believed it to mean prior to adam and eves rebellion,accusations and passing the buck so to speak. It meant a great deal that after all those years when The Holy Spirit imprints it onto the mind...it stays.

So if all scripture is given by god through the Power of The Holy Spirit How can one say it is the same with the old testament.

As for demons being in a christian who indwells the Holy Spirit ...Why not. The Holy Spirit Lives in your heart and is still regenerating your soul. Why can't a spirit live in your soul if you were a christian who speaks in tongues. I'd rather say they...the demon is being "crushe out" due to the Indwelling Of The Holy Spirit. Oterwise why in the world would that person even accept that? :blink:

As for demons being in a christian who indwells the Holy Spirit ...Why not. The Holy Spirit Lives in your heart and is still regenerating your soul. Why can't a spirit live in your soul if you were a christian who speaks in tongues. I'd rather say they...the demon is being "crushe out" due to the Indwelling Of The Holy Spirit. Oterwise why in the world would that person even accept that? :emot-hug:

I don't want to go into details, but it has happened to me once - something tried to get back in, and I can tell you there was one heck of a battle going inside me! The battle came through me in physical ways (which kinda offended my friends until they realised - and then they got freaked out instead :P )

But God is the victor! It left and I repented hard - never want to go through that again!

• Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,144
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Birthday:  02/18/1978

As for demons being in a christian who indwells the Holy Spirit ...Why not. The Holy Spirit Lives in your heart and is still regenerating your soul. Why can't a spirit live in your soul if you were a christian who speaks in tongues. I'd rather say they...the demon is being "crushe out" due to the Indwelling Of The Holy Spirit. Oterwise why in the world would that person even accept that? :blink:

I don't want to go into details, but it has happened to me once - something tried to get back in, and I can tell you there was one heck of a battle going inside me! The battle came through me in physical ways (which kinda offended my friends until they realised - and then they got freaked out instead :P )

But God is the victor! It left and I repented hard - never want to go through that again!

They can't get in. They can try, but they can't do it. The Spirit stops them. This is why, after the coming of the Spirit on the believers, you never hear of the disciples being possessed.

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Content Count:  4,073
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Birthday:  08/10/1923

As for demons being in a christian who indwells the Holy Spirit ...Why not. The Holy Spirit Lives in your heart and is still regenerating your soul. Why can't a spirit live in your soul if you were a christian who speaks in tongues. I'd rather say they...the demon is being "crushe out" due to the Indwelling Of The Holy Spirit. Oterwise why in the world would that person even accept that? :emot-hug:

I don't want to go into details, but it has happened to me once - something tried to get back in, and I can tell you there was one heck of a battle going inside me! The battle came through me in physical ways (which kinda offended my friends until they realised - and then they got freaked out instead :emot-hug: )

They can't get in. They can try, but they can't do it. The Spirit stops them. This is why, after the coming of the Spirit on the believers, you never hear of the disciples being possessed.

Exactly. I can't see the holy spirit sharing His temple (your body) with a demon. Light can't live with darkness. If you are being attacked by demons, that's as good as saying that the holy spirit is not protecting you, which is contrary to what the bible says. Jesus said He would never leave or forsake us. The apostle said the enemy roams around like a raging lion, looking for someone to devour. If you stray into the enemy's territory you are looking for trouble. There are warnings galore in the bible.......ignore them at your peril.

As for demons being in a christian who indwells the Holy Spirit ...Why not. The Holy Spirit Lives in your heart and is still regenerating your soul. Why can't a spirit live in your soul if you were a christian who speaks in tongues. I'd rather say they...the demon is being "crushe out" due to the Indwelling Of The Holy Spirit. Oterwise why in the world would that person even accept that? :)

I don't want to go into details, but it has happened to me once - something tried to get back in, and I can tell you there was one heck of a battle going inside me! The battle came through me in physical ways (which kinda offended my friends until they realised - and then they got freaked out instead :) )

Hence I said "tried to get back in".

Just because we are protected by the Holy Spirit, doesn't stop the enemy attacking.

• Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  1,144
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Birthday:  02/18/1978

As for demons being in a christian who indwells the Holy Spirit ...Why not. The Holy Spirit Lives in your heart and is still regenerating your soul. Why can't a spirit live in your soul if you were a christian who speaks in tongues. I'd rather say they...the demon is being "crushe out" due to the Indwelling Of The Holy Spirit. Oterwise why in the world would that person even accept that? :)

I don't want to go into details, but it has happened to me once - something tried to get back in, and I can tell you there was one heck of a battle going inside me! The battle came through me in physical ways (which kinda offended my friends until they realised - and then they got freaked out instead :) )

Hence I said "tried to get back in".

Just because we are protected by the Holy Spirit, doesn't stop the enemy attacking.

I agree with you 100% on that.

I agree with you 100% on that.

:emot-think:

"Therefore I will look unto the LORD; I will wait for the God of my salvation: my God will hear me.

Rejoice not against me, O mine enemy: when I fall, I shall arise; when I sit in darkness, the LORD shall be a light unto me.

I will bear the indignation of the LORD, because I have sinned against him, until he plead my cause, and execute judgment for me: he will bring me forth to the light, and I shall behold his righteousness."

Micah 7:7-9

:thumbsup:

"And as ye go, preach, saying, The kingdom of heaven is at hand.

Heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, raise the dead, cast out devils: freely ye have received, freely give."

Matthew 10:7-8

:o

Exactly.I can't see the holy spirit sharing His temple (your body) with a demon.

Light can't live with darkness.

:thumbsup:

"The light of the body is the eye: if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light.

But if thine eye be evil, thy whole body shall be full of darkness. If therefore the light that is in thee be darkness, how great is that darkness!"

Matthew 6:22-23

If you are being attacked by demons, that's as good as saying that the holy spirit is not protecting you, which is contrary to what the bible says

Jesus said He would never leave or forsake us.

:wub:

"Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee."

Hebrews 13:5

The apostle said the enemy roams around like a raging lion, looking for someone to devour.
:b:

"Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:"

1 Peter 5:8

If you stray into the enemy's territory you are looking for trouble

There are warnings galore in the bible.......ignore them at your peril.

"Be ye angry, and sin not: let not the sun go down upon your wrath:

Neither give place to the devil."

Ephesians 4:26-27

Eric

You Bless Me To No End Dear Brother.

Keep Up Your Encouragement Of The Brethren To Draw Closer And Closer To Jesus!

I charge thee therefore before God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, who shall judge the quick and the dead at his appearing and his kingdom;

Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine.

For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;

And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.

But watch thou in all things, endure afflictions, do the work of an evangelist, make full proof of thy ministry.

2 Timothy 4:1-5

:24:

Be Blessed Beloved Of The KING

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:

The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:

The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.

And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel; and I will bless them.

Numbers 5:24-27

Love, Your Brother Joe

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  255
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Birthday:  07/29/1974

Even the Archangle Michale said that he would not try to beat him, but called upon the Lord to do it!