• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  130
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/25/1976

Welcome to the biggest problem in the church today. Let's water down the gospel so it doesn't hurt anyones feelings.

Homosexuality is a sin. It is fornication. The Word condemns all of these sins equally.

I think the gay issue gets the most noise because it is the squeaky wheel. They are trying to make society accept it as normal behaviour.

Its no more of a squeaky wheel today than it has ever been in the history of civilization. Gays and lesbians have always made up about 4 or 5 percent of the population and always will. Its better described as the political whipping post of the day. The wedge issue used to get people to vote against their own interests.

That is just completely false.

There population numbers mean nothing in this context.

They are trying to get their lifestyle accepted as completely normal and are trying to force it on the rest of us.

It is hardly a wedge issue. Those of us that are likely to vote against gay marriage, are more likely to vote for your political nemeses than the Democrats.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.92
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

"homosexuals claim they are born that way, that it's somehow genetic. it is not, and that is where the comparison lies."

- And you have proof? How do you know it's not due to prenatal hormonal influences or the interplay of BOTH genes and the environment? How do you know it doesn't have multiple causes?

Hepatocyte (I still get a kick out of your name, by the way :thumbsup: ) -

What do the Scriptures say about male-male and female-female sexual relationships?

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  114
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,015
  • Content Per Day:  0.59
  • Days Won:  1

exactly, butero. there is a homosexual movement out there that is now demanding that people recognize homosexual behaviour as normal, healthy, acceptable, and morally legitimate. homosexuals throughout history never made that claim so loudly and boldly as they do today. this is NEW. it's only been going on for about the last decade and a half.

Oh, how we long for the good old days back when gays and lesbians were just imprisoned or tortured... :thumbsup:

hepatocyte, nobody here (despite your accusations) has EVER compared homosexuals to pedophiles. you are confusing the sin with the sinner. we frequently compare the SIN of homosexuality to the sin of a pedophile. homosexuals claim they are born that way, that it's somehow genetic. it is not, and that is where the comparison lies. pedophiles can't control who they lust after. they believe that they are incapable of controlling their actions.

So, by your logic then, pedophiles are perfectly decent people, its just the sin thats wrong. We certainly would not want to confuse the sin with the sinner here.

How about we all start worrying about our own moral failings before we compare gays and lesbians to child rapists just because it makes us feel better about ourselves.

Forrest -

What do the Scriptures say about male-male and female-female sexual relationships?

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  166
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

"homosexuals claim they are born that way, that it's somehow genetic. it is not, and that is where the comparison lies."

- And you have proof? How do you know it's not due to prenatal hormonal influences or the interplay of BOTH genes and the environment? How do you know it doesn't have multiple causes?

Hepatocyte (I still get a kick out of your name, by the way :thumbsup: ) -

Unnatural refers to the unnatural purpose of sex, not the underlying cause.

Hepatocyte (I still get a kick out of your name, by the way :taped: ) -

I'm sorry, but that did not answer the question. :thumbsup:

Hepatocyte (I still get a kick out of your name, by the way :taped: ) -

I'm sorry, but that did not answer the question. :thumbsup:

Umm...yes I did...unnatural.

OK, wait, I guess we have different definitions of 'homosexual'.

You define it as behavior, whereas I define it as attraction. Well, obviously, you can control behavior.

But I wasn't talking about same-sex relationships.

Being gay is having same-sex attraction, not necessarily engaging in it.

You still haven't quoted any Scripture verses.

But are you saying God created some men with same-sex attraction? :thumbsup:

You still haven't quoted any Scripture verses.

But are you saying God created some men with same-sex attraction? :thumbsup:

"But are you saying God created some men with same-sex attraction?"

- Umm...when did I say that? Does God create some men with no sexual attraction?

So you're saying God couldn't possibly have created people with same-sex attraction because He forbid same-sex relation and in your interpretation of God's nature, He wouldn't do something that's seemingly contradictory.

There are six verses that relate to homosexuality. Look them all up. :taped:

Edited by hepatocyte

Guest LadyC

exactly, butero. there is a homosexual movement out there that is now demanding that people recognize homosexual behaviour as normal, healthy, acceptable, and morally legitimate. homosexuals throughout history never made that claim so loudly and boldly as they do today. this is NEW. it's only been going on for about the last decade and a half.

Oh, how we long for the good old days back when gays and lesbians were just imprisoned or tortured... :thumbsup:

hepatocyte, nobody here (despite your accusations) has EVER compared homosexuals to pedophiles. you are confusing the sin with the sinner. we frequently compare the SIN of homosexuality to the sin of a pedophile. homosexuals claim they are born that way, that it's somehow genetic. it is not, and that is where the comparison lies. pedophiles can't control who they lust after. they believe that they are incapable of controlling their actions.

So, by your logic then, pedophiles are perfectly decent people, its just the sin thats wrong. We certainly would not want to confuse the sin with the sinner here.

How about we all start worrying about our own moral failings before we compare gays and lesbians to child rapists just because it makes us feel better about ourselves.

forrest, i despise when people put words in my mouth. i'm not in favor of homosexuals being imprisoned or tortured, nor am i aware of any christian who is. so you owe everyone on this board an apology for having made such a crass and bogus mischaracterization.

by my own logic, i say nothing of the sort. by GOD'S logic, i say this. NONE of us are "perfectly decent people". we all commit sin on a daily basis. there is no grey line here, it's black and white.... repentance brings restoration and justification to our souls. unrepentance brings judgement and condemnation. God's judgement and condemnation.

neither the liar, the thief, the homosexual, the pedophile, the necromancer, the murderer, the adulterer, nor anyone else is exempt from that truth. there are only two ships in this ocean... the one that holds those who repent, and the one that holds those who don't.