IGNORED

Do you have personal Christian Friends who are Gay?

MeCajunboy

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  113
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,430
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  06/28/1952

I met a lesbian couple through my work where one of them works, and developed a friendship with them. They attend a "gay" church, have adopted a precious little asian girl. They are very nice people and people of good character. They say they love God, pray daily, and are very humble folk.

I don't believe it is my place or right to judge their salvation. I have enough of a time being sure that my life is right. :emot-questioned:

Hi Priscilla, did you know that as one Christian to another , it is YOUR obligation to tell your brothers or sisters when they are fallen into sin. And also that you are not to show any signs of encouragement in their sin. I could fish for scripture if you like but I'm sure God has already touched your heart in this area, as you have said, "You're much to troubled in your own life." I would think that you'd be the perfect candidate for just that if God encourages you to do so?

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  113
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,430
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  06/28/1952

I met a lesbian couple through my work where one of them works, and developed a friendship with them. They attend a "gay" church, have adopted a precious little asian girl. They are very nice people and people of good character. They say they love God, pray daily, and are very humble folk.

I don't believe it is my place or right to judge their salvation. I have enough of a time being sure that my life is right. :emot-questioned:

Hi Priscilla, did you know that as one Christian to another , it is YOUR obligation to tell your brothers or sisters when they are fallen into sin. And also that you are not to show any signs of encouragement in their sin. I could fish for scripture if you like but I'm sure God has already touched your heart in this area, as you have said, "You're much to troubled in your own life." I would think that you'd be the perfect candidate for just that if God encourages you to do so?

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  122
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/11/1987

I always get so worked up after reading one of these threads.

Okay, here we go again.

I know now that it's technically a sin to be involved with a another person of the same sex, but -- once again -- my heart is telling me that it's possibly more wrong to reject that lifestyle. I have prayed and meditated on this so many times, and the answer is always the same. I can't forsake this sin because I keep thinking of the person who is committing it; it breaks my heart to think they are damned because they're following their own. I can't imagine that God would allow these people to fall in love with whomever it is and only to be chastised later by us -- just because we're preaching what we're taught. And yes, I said allowed because although the devil maybe be fooling with the psyche, God still allowed them to feel absolutely right about their decision.

This is so frustrating to me. I think of one of my friends every time I see one of these, and that boy is one of the kindest and sweetest people I've ever had the pleasure of meeting. He made me smile when I didn't think I could, so it just kills me when I just feel the intolerance of some of the posts here.

I understand God's law. I've read it myself, but this whole issue still wears on me. I don't know why I'm so sensitive to this one particular stance, but I'm not ready to let go of it yet. And I understand how you all feel too, and I wish I had the Spirit directing me more towards God's perfect picture than further and further into my own ideas of what's right and what's wrong.

I'm not sure how to conclude this other than this: I made mistakes concerning sex too. I'm not proud and I wish I could go back in time and stop myself from going as far as I did, for I love God with all of my heart -- but there is no time machine I can use at this time, so I bare my friend's cross as well as my own. My greatest wish is for him to be saved -- homosexual or not, he's my brother on Earth.

• Topic Count:  31
  • Content Count:  1,013
  • Content Per Day:  0.14

We as believers should rely on the Lord and his teaching not personal feelings. Wether you want to be gay or not is your business but don't come in here and asks for blessings because you won't find it here. The excuse about abstaining from all sin while in faith is a lame attempt at justifying sexual perversion activities.

• 3 months later...

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  272
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  2,338
  • Content Per Day:  0.65

In regard to bibs post, I would ask this:

Is there such a thing as a person who willfully sins, and one who resists?

In His Love,

Suzanne

Well, since I can not know another's heart only my own I would have to say, for myself, yes. I do both. I do not see what that question has to do with my post though.

It is also possible to live in sin and have other Christians tell you it's OK. Look it up, Google it. There are churches out there, including the one that did Tammy Faye's memorial, that preach that the Gay lifestyle is acceptable to God. Would you say those people are not Christians? Can you know what is in their hearts?

It's a matter of judging. Only God can judge the heart and a person who willfully gossips on a regular basis is just as guilty as a homosexual, yet I would not think of calling them non-Christians.

I certainly hope that you don't think I am trying to make excuses for homosexuality. I am not. I am simply saying that one can not judge the heart of another, and to say that one can not be a Christian and sin is simply not Biblical.

It is my belief that there are many who call themselves Christians but have not been transformed by God. While it isn't our place to judge anyone, Christians are to be known by our fruit.

I have a friend online who is homosexual. He isn't a Christian but he has more knowledge of God than many Christians do.

He has shared many things about his life with me because he feels safe with my being online and because he knows that I don't judge him. He knows I don't condone his life but I accept him and have made this very clear to him. I don't end the friendship eventhough I know he's homosexual because God hasn't called me to. God has used me many times to share Scripture with him and he has allowed me to pray for him.

This friendship is the only example that I have to make a point. Even if he hadn't told me that he's not a Christian, I would have recognized it by the fruit that he bear. We all bear fruit based on the lives we lead. This isn't a judgement, it's discernment.

• Topic Count:  44
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,858
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Birthday:  05/23/1957

I have many personal friends who are christians that lived a life of homosexuality. Most have left the lifestyle adopting the lifestyle of scripture.

One or two have had problems trying to stay on path but it is the same for anyone who is trying to stop doing a enjoyable sin which gives one tremendous satisfaction was fufilling.

• Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  1,081
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Birthday:  02/08/1967

I can't forsake this sin because I keep thinking of the person who is committing it; it breaks my heart to think they are damned because they're following their own

Eph 6:10 Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord and in the power of His might.

Eph 6:11 Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.

Eph 6:12 For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age,[fn3] against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places.

Eph 6:13 Therefore take up the whole armor of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.

Eph 6:14 Stand therefore, having girded your waist with truth, having put on the breastplate of righteousness,

Eph 6:15 and having shod your feet with the preparation of the gospel of peace;

Eph 6:16 above all, taking the shield of faith with which you will be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked one.

Eph 6:17 And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God;

Eph 6:18 praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, being watchful to this end with all perseverance and supplication for all the saints--

Eph 6:19 and for me, that utterance may be given to me, that I may open my mouth boldly to make known the mystery of the gospel,

Eph 6:20 for which I am an ambassador in chains; that in it I may speak boldly, as I ought to speak.

don't let that old trickster tell you that you can't forsake the sin! that's a lie from hell. Forsake the sin for not to you forsake the man carrying the sin. As Jesus would not forsake the sinner but the sin, we are to follow along in His steps.

• Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  1,081
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Birthday:  02/08/1967

We as believers should rely on the Lord and his teaching not personal feelings. Wether you want to be gay or not is your business but don't come in here and asks for blessings because you won't find it here. The excuse about abstaining from all sin while in faith is a lame attempt at justifying sexual perversion activities.

be that as it may, I still bless the one you have addressed and will pray that not only does that person find salvation but also that these words don't make his life even harder than it was before you spoke this way to him....I realize that this post was back in October, but I am a defender of the oppressed. And this person needs to know that it is through the love and grace of Christ that we come to Him, it is His ever so gentle tugging at our heart strings that brings us around to loving Him and because He loves us first and forgives us ALL of much sin we learn to find forgiveness for even the LOWLIEST of sinners. For it is not the sinner we hate, it is the sin.

And I bless you too...

Mat 11:28 "Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.

Mat 11:29 "Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.

Mat 11:30 "For My yoke is easy and My burden is light."

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  196
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  08/09/1972

I used to have a gay christian friend I don't consider as being my friend anymore. A couple of years ago he revealed his sexual tendencies to some people including my own brother who got deeply distressed by that (in fact, it was clear he was attracted to my brother!)

I have always thought I would never judge a person because of who he/she is, even if that person is homosexual, but in the case of my friend, he made it clear he wasn't willing to consider the matter from a biblical point of view. I realized I was starting to judge him, and wasn't able to love him enough (in a christian way) to try to talk him out of his sinful way of living/thinking.

Then I have this other friend I really respect a lot, who has suffered without knowing the reason why in ways you simply coudn't imagine for most of her life, and whose diagnosis came out to be Gender Identity Disorder. I have no idea how such a diagnosis can be made medically speaking, and whatever people say about her, I can see that her suffering and struggling is real, as well as her unchanging attitude toward the bible. It's extremely hard for me to know what's really right or wrong when I'm with her, it's obvious GID is a much deeper issue when you have to deal with it personally than when you simply hear about it on TV or something.

I'm sorry my reply doesn't give much of an answer.

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,073
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Birthday:  08/10/1923

This thread was started in October and it is no different in flavour than the one started in December, about being friends with sinners, which just fizzle out the same as this one will. There is no end to who we should be friends with or we shouldn't from our own perspective.

Should we have friends who murder, rape, sell their bodies in prostitution or prey on young children? If you are a true born again bible believing, sincere Christ following christian, you should know without asking. Once again "friend" is the operative word. To me, a friend is some one I could turn to with my personal and domestic and spiritual problems, who would comfort me and join me in prayful counsel.......and vice versa. Someone in whom I can trust to keep my counsel. So any kind of nonbeliever woudn't make the cut. The bible is crystal clear about a christian's obligations concerning non believers.....and that is to tell them the truth without having to pandy to them. If they listen and take your advice, you have won a brother and a friend, and if they don't want to listen.............Stttrrrike one.