• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.92
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Just wondering.

Is it that we love to argue with each other about the war but don't want to join in prayer together - or what???????

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest shiloh357

It is because of pride. A lot of liberals, do not care a whit about the suffering people of the world unless they can exploit their suffering as weapon against the countries they hate like America and Israel. The fact that this crowd didn't sound off while Hussein and Assad, and other dictators tortured their own people to death for minor infractions. The Arab nations can cause all kinds of trouble, and no one cares. Let America step in to clean it up, and keep these insane, maniacal nations from aquiring WMDs, and now all the accusations about human rights issues abound. The barrenness of that thread speaks volumes about their "Christian" concern for the less fortunate in other countries don't you think?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,587
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  0

Matthew 6:5,6

"And when you pray, you shall not be like the hypocrites. For they love to pray standing in the synogogues and on the corners of the streets, that they may be seen by men. Assuredly, I say to you, they have their reward. But you, when you pray, go into your room, and when you have shut your door, pray to your Father who is in the secret place, and your Father Who sees in secret will reward you openly."

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.92
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

:c:

You've never participated in a prayer group?

:huh:

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  232
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  7,261
  • Content Per Day:  0.96
  • Birthday:  12/19/1959

:c:

You've never participated in a prayer group?

:huh:

I agree with you Neb.

If folks want to pray privately, OK...but at least let folks know that you are praying for them.

We are suppose to encourage one another with prayer. Jesus prayed with His disciples on many occasions. Paul always included a prayer in his letters.

1 Timothy 2:1 I urge, then, first of all, that requests, prayers, intercession and thanksgiving be made for everyone-- 2 for kings and all those in authority, that we may live peaceful and quiet lives in all godliness and holiness. 3 This is good, and pleases God our Savior, 4 who wants all men to be saved and to come to a knowledge of the truth. 5 For there is one God and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus, 6 who gave himself as a ransom for all men--the testimony given in its proper time. 7 And for this purpose I was appointed a herald and an apostle--I am telling the truth, I am not lying--and a teacher of the true faith to the Gentiles.

8 I want men everywhere to lift up holy hands in prayer, without anger or disputing.

Blessings,

Wayne

Guest idolsmasher

Which prayer thread are you talking about? The one started by Ted or the peace of Jerusalem one that you hijacked? :x: :huh::oI'm only kidding!!! I usually don't browse topics too much, I just check the active topics and usually it takes most of my time just following those and making responses. Can you post a link to the thread you are referring to?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,587
  • Content Per Day:  0.20

It is because of pride. A lot of liberals, do not care a whit about the suffering people of the world unless they can exploit their suffering as weapon against the countries they hate like America and Israel. The fact that this crowd didn't sound off while Hussein and Assad, and other dictators tortured their own people to death for minor infractions. The Arab nations can cause all kinds of trouble, and no one cares. Let America step in to clean it up, and keep these insane, maniacal nations from aquiring WMDs, and now all the accusations about human rights issues abound. The barrenness of that thread speaks volumes about their "Christian" concern for the less fortunate in other countries don't you think?

Basically I was responding to this post, which I feel has a very condescending tone and accusatory nature. I don't feel that I need to post some lofty prayer in order to show someone how Christian I am.

Saved by Grace, you are perhaps not aware of the 'history' behind said post.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  232
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  7,261
  • Content Per Day:  0.96
  • Birthday:  12/19/1959

Saved by Grace, you are perhaps not aware of the 'history' behind said post.

Sister,

My response was general in nature...not to any specific thread or post.

Neb asked a good question. At what point will everyone back away from the debate and just pray for God's will. You seem to have implied with your use of Scripture that we shouldn't pray publically or together. I was just expressing a different opinion.

It bothers me a bit that the controversial forum is always so busy but the prayer forum is usually pretty slow.

Thanks for looking out for me though.

Bless you,

Wayne

I can only speak for my own experience....but prayer just feels weird when it's typed. I pray along with every post...but it's different for me to type out a prayer, ya know?

Plus, there is a need for agreement whenever we pray in groups. Many of the prayer threads here turn into critical debates about the prayers themselves.

I find the best result of the Worthy Board to be a bible study. These debates force me to constantly examine what I believe and why. It keeps me abreast of opposing viewpoints and news stories/opinions which I might miss otherwise.

And I know we are praying together even when it isn't typed out for everyone to see. I can just feel the power coming from the prayer closet.

That's good enough. Our Father knows... :huh: