IGNORED

Any Christian Truck Drivers Here?

Just wondering if there are any believing long-haul truck drivers around Worthy Land?

I'm looking at doing this, and would like to hear what life is REALLY like on the road -- from a Believer's perspective.

Thanks.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  135
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,537
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/29/1956

Talk to Butero, thats what he does! :39:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  158
  • Content Count:  1,763
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  11/23/1990

I'm not a trucker.... but I believe you should first invest in an EXTRA large coffee mug. :)

I'm not a trucker.... but I believe you should first invest in an EXTRA large coffee mug. :emot-hug:

Already have that "wired." :thumbsup:

I spent 15 years in the military -- got th' mug AND the Thermos! :)

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  36
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  233
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Birthday:  10/04/1990

I'm def. not a trucker and this is kind of wayyy off topic, but my family and I were driving home from my grandparents and this suv was in the far right lane (near the guardrail) and this huge transport decides to change lanes into the furthest right lane. I'm guessing the truck driver didn't see the vehicle but the suv had to speed up and swerve in front of the transport to avoid being sandwiched between in and the rail. My heart was pounding and saying prayers like mad. Eek I've seen similar style things one-to-many times and I am scared when we drive past them.

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  864
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Birthday:  04/22/1954

It's not always the trucker's fault. Yeah they can be scary. They need the same respect you would give to a train. :noidea:

I'm def. not a trucker and this is kind of wayyy off topic, but my family and I were driving home from my grandparents and this suv was in the far right lane (near the guardrail) and this huge transport decides to change lanes into the furthest right lane. I'm guessing the truck driver didn't see the vehicle but the suv had to speed up and swerve in front of the transport to avoid being sandwiched between in and the rail. My heart was pounding and saying prayers like mad. Eek I've seen similar style things one-to-many times and I am scared when we drive past them.

Many drivers nowadays don't realize where the blind spots are especially down the sides of the rigs. That's one of the reasons I really hate seeing people driving and talking on a cell phone -- its distracting them from why they are behind that wheel. They're supposed to be driving the car!

I started this thread because I need a new career. Went to school, got the degree, and then they shipped all the jobs to China. Now I need a way to pay off the student loans quicker than by age 70.

BTW: Do you know who wrote your signature block? It's really good.

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  162
  • Content Count:  7,838
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Birthday:  03/23/1964

Just wondering if there are any believing long-haul truck drivers around Worthy Land?

I'm looking at doing this, and would like to hear what life is REALLY like on the road -- from a Believer's perspective.

Thanks.

Nope....never been a truck driver......... :P

Been a school and church bus driver for 11 years, a chauffeur for 2 years, a delivery driver for 5 years......plus I drove my family round the bend most of my life....

Do I qualify?? :noidea:

Life on the road?.........Life on the road is hell......I hate it, and would rather not do it. Too much hassle.

It would be okay if I was the only one on the road :huh:

One good thing, though.....when I am on the road and on my own, I turn off the radio and have a quiet time to contemplate the meaning of life, and to pray.

That is the only 'up' side :huh:

What do you wish to know? I don't drive anymore, although I keep my CDL up and could if I so desired, (which I do not) I was an OTR driver from 1988 until 1998. I am now the evening dispatch supervisor for a small local trucking company.

Just off of the top of my head I would say the main things a believer needs on the road and often does not have is fellowship, and consistant Christian entertainment and teaching. It is hard to get a Christian radio station sometimes in some places. A Bible and a radio is all that some drivers have.

I'm already familiar with the no fellowship and I've done the no Christian entertainment before. I'm currently doing security work on might shift and am therefore "upside down" for everything else. I drove trucks in the military, but mostly the straight variety, not semis. I've got a lot of debts from the past to clean up, no family, and can get rid of my apartment to get started if I have to. (It would be burgled as soon as the tweekers figured out I was never home, anyway.) I've been thinking this over and praying about it -- and realized I've been living like I was on the road anyway. Why not get paid for it?

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  36
  • Content Count:  233
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Birthday:  10/04/1990

Many drivers nowadays don't realize where the blind spots are especially down the sides of the rigs. That's one of the reasons I really hate seeing people driving and talking on a cell phone -- its distracting them from why they are behind that wheel. They're supposed to be driving the car!

I started this thread because I need a new career. Went to school, got the degree, and then they shipped all the jobs to China. Now I need a way to pay off the student loans quicker than by age 70.

BTW: Do you know who wrote your signature block? It's really good.

I understand what you mean, I've seen people do some pretty ridiculous things while they drive...drying their hair using the air vents for one - I'm definately not putting the blame on the truck driver though, I understand that there are blind spots but both they and others driving need to understand that the trucks have really large blind spots.

I'm sorry I don't know the author's name for the poem in my signature...we got it on a little handout during a praise & worship service while I was on my mission trip.