• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  140
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,846
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/05/1987

Opinions vary, understandings vary, that is what the forum is about. If we all had identical thoughts, we might as well do something else.

Well put! :41:

Even so, Dear Lord Jesus Christ, come O' Eternal Champion, and slay me that I might live.

Amen!

He must increase, but I must decrease.
John 3:30

Leonard

You Bless Me

More Salt Please

Love, Your Brother Joe

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  276
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  7,474
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Birthday:  01/31/1966

All,

I had to get the farm tools out and weed quite a bit of nastiness from this thread. Some of the flow was damaged, but I feel it's safe to open it back up and see what happens this time around.

Please, if you feel like you are going to jab at others, do us all a favor and restrain your post until such time when you feel like you can contribute according to our TOS.

Thanks!

t.

All,

I had to get the farm tools out and weed quite a bit of nastiness from this thread. Some of the flow was damaged, but I feel it's safe to open it back up and see what happens this time around.

Please, if you feel like you are going to jab at others, do us all a favor and restrain your post until such time when you feel like you can contribute according to our TOS.

Thanks!

t.

I never intended for this thread to become the firestorm that it did, I just offered some studied thoughts to consider. I apologize, for whatever part I played in creating controversy. I did not mean to stir up a hornets nest. I like thinking outside of the box, and am outspoken on my opinions, I don't mind kickstarting conversations that make people think.

I'd like to offer some thoughts on why this got the way it did.

I love that people are passionate, I see that as a good thing, but they too often are invested in their own beliefs, that they cannot see another's point. That seemed to be a large part of the problem here. Unfortunately, when passionate people have their points disregarded as though they just said nothing, they try again, and become more frustrated. Finally, when facts, logic or other relevant things don't work, and one runs out of them, they turn to the next line of defense/offense. They get personal - it escalates to name calling. There is no need for that.

The best thing to do here, is to realize that we are all on the same team. When we see ourselves as seekers of truth together, we are a thinktank, and there is no need for animosity. People sadly get invested in their previous conclusions, and then feel a need to defend their conclusions. When people can stick to discussing ideas, and not each other, leaving the words "you" and "I" out of it, it works much better. Discuss ideas, not each other. We are not the topic, God's word is.

As you may have noticed, there came a point where I bailed out, as I knew I really had nothing else to add of substance, so their was no need for me to continue. Never-the-less, I am sorry for the part I played in stirring the pot and if anyone feels that I was unkind, I apologize for that also.

Too bad the topic had to be closed, as it was very active and highly rated, which I assume means that some found it interesting and worthwhile. The odd thing is that eschatology in general, is not core doctrine. While it is important, it is of peripheral importance. How much more peripheral then, is the topic of the identity of the restrainer.

Ted kindly reopened the topic, as he said, it lost some flow after he pulled the weeds. Went a post gets deleted because of poor behavior, sometimes some good points go with it, so it is in your best interest to treat each other kindly. I think, that when you do, you will find people more willing to listen to you, and everybody wins.

Personally, I do not need the heat and smoke, I prefer light. If anyone cares to continue or contribute more to this thread, please remember that disciples are recognized, by the love they have for each other.

Omegaman

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  3,166
  • Content Per Day:  0.45

tho i am not replying as far as my thoughts on this i would like to say that coming to this thread after ted's editing is nice. :taped: Oman your opinion is good food for thought whether or not i agree with you bro it was nicely stated.

love your sister in Christ,

Rebekah David

tho i am not replying as far as my thoughts on this i would like to say that coming to this thread after ted's editing is nice. :biggrin2: Oman your opinion is good food for thought whether or not i agree with you bro it was nicely stated.

love your sister in Christ,

Rebekah David

Thank you Rebekah David, your words are always kind. I presume, when someone says, "whether or not i agree with you", that that means that they do not.

Just so it is clear, whether anyone agrees with me or not, is of little concern. I would ask of people though, when they read my posts or anyone else's posts, if a good case was presented, to ask yourself WHY is it not agreed with.

For some, it is because there is a better case made to believe something different. When that happens, that is super! For some though, they will not accept an idea, because it does not agree with an opinion they heard elsewhere, from their pastor perhaps. For others, an idea may seem uncommon, unconventional, just not in the majority. Is truth best determined my majorities, or by examining facts? Others still, believe or disbelieve an idea, depending on how appealing it is to them, they attempt to feel they way to a conclusion, is that the best way?

Each person, is accountable for how they themselves, handle God's word. When you come across ideas, sort it out methodically, and come to the best conclusion you can. I always invite people to be skeptical about anything I say or write, but I also encourage them to be Bereans - to search the scriptures daily, to see if these things are so.

Godspeed in that!

Omegaman