Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,980
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  0

Ofcourse the lie of woman being a subordinate began in Eden when God said that he himself would put enemity between the serpent and the woman and his seed and hers. Well that's only a part of it.

Shalom Firehill,

sub

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  138
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  0.64

Can anyone please explain to me how it is that a woman who teaches correct biblical doctrine would ever stand condemned before God? Why would God ever condemn the teaching of HIS WORD by anyone and especialy the gifted? What's more important, gender or God's word?

Shalom Firehill,

Yes, I can. It is not correct Biblical doctrine to teach that a woman shall be in authority over men. And if someone teaches false doctrine, they will answer for it. Especially those so-called women "pastors" and teachers.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  138
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  0.64

There are men here on this board who disagree with you and they hold basicaly the same position as you do.

Shalom,

What? What you said makes no sense at all. What "position"? What are you talking about? :thumbsup:

And to ask your own question back at you, what shall we follow, men's opinion, or G-d's Word?

What men may think has no bearing on the truth Firehill. What matters is G-d and His truth, His Word.

So, I don't care one whit what men think or disagree with. I stand on the Scriptures.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  366
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,933
  • Content Per Day:  1.57
  • Days Won:  1

Here is another church and the story of their conclusions

There are men here on this board who disagree with you and they hold basicaly the same position as you do.

Help me understand this statement

• Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  1,980
  • Content Per Day:  0.30

Can anyone please explain to me how it is that a woman who teaches correct biblical doctrine would ever stand condemned before God? Why would God ever condemn the teaching of HIS WORD by anyone and especialy the gifted? What's more important, gender or God's word?

Shalom Firehill,

Yes, I can. It is not correct Biblical doctrine to teach that a woman shall be in authority over men.

K, wait. We disagree on the meaning of 'authority' in 1 Tim 2. It's defined very negatively as in a murderous action. Now men are not ever instructed to have this kind of authority either. Why? Because it is murderous.

And if someone teaches false doctrine, they will answer for it. Especially those so-called women "pastors" and teachers.

I'm talking about correct doctrine not false doctrine. Timothy was to put and end to some people teaching false doctrine which is the very context of the 1 Tim 2 passage.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  829
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Birthday:  07/26/1943

Ofcourse the lie of woman being a subordinate began in Eden when God said that he himself would put enemity between the serpent and the woman and his seed and hers. Well that's only a part of it.

God is no false prophet! And history agrees on this point. Look at the way women have been treated through history. But the victory goes to her seed!

Agreed. Women throughout history have been the most oppressed and abused group. Female oppression has even surpassed the oppression of slaves and races thus making females the lowest immovable rung on every hierarchical ladder in history. Even today the abuses are staggering and unmentionable in some societies.

If is unfortunate when Christian history has embraced such oppressions. The witch-hunts are an unmemorable blotch on Catholic history. Today I personally consider the complementarian mantra of "equal but different" to be another blotch on Christian history. While some have taken emphasis on the idea of equality, too many have taken the emphasis on difference.

The problem with stating that one group is equal in value to another group but because of inherent differences must always be subordinated (restricted in roles) is that subordination by reason of unchangeable factors (race, color, sex) is actually invalidating any statement of equality.

Saints,

We are basically posturing now and not really addressing the passage. Stating our opinion and comparing things to slavery is good theater, but it really does not address the issue. It only serves to inflame. If we are saying that we have nothing to add in terms of the actual passage in question, maybe it is time to close this down